Eldorion
Ally
Ringdrotten
37 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The YouTube thread - Page 25 Empty Re: The YouTube thread

Post by Amarië Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:40 am

They have a large variety of sketches, parodies and fun stuff, this is just a tiny bit of what they do. A large part of the joke in these clips is how this is your typical American/English hit song combined with a twist in the lyrics.

Subs help get the message across. Norwegians are able to both read subs while listening to AND watching what happens on the screen. This is how most of us learn English in the first place.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:46 am

The bottom line is - those lads are seriousy talented. I'm serious! Shocked Surely from in or around Skattykatzenfjord. I've heard Fjordianlandia is otherwise an incredibly dull place. A bit like Dark Planet in that sense. Very Happy (My goodness, Amarie, how do you survive on Dark Planet; you know, with no oxygen and all? Suspect )

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:06 am

Orwell dear, isn't it obvious? We such the life force from the forums we devour.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:14 am

Hee hee... Laughing .... ... mmmm... scratch .... Hey! Mad You're not trying to entice me into your net with humour are you? ... Everyone here knows it's my one and only weakness... like kryptonite in a way... Suspect

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:35 am

Humor, that's what it was. Yup. I find that laughter is the best gasoline. Medicine! Laughing

The world history in 5 minutes. I love love love these guys.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:22 am

Oh Sweet Eru -- I'm now torn between my Forumshire Mistress, Mrs Figg, and Lana Del Rey, my potential new girlfriend! Life's difficult... not made easier by being Most Popular Male - you know, with all the choices I have to make nowadays... Sad

I can't work out how to post Video Games, so you'll have to go find it yourselves. (Yes, I'm late in discovering Lana - late as usual Rolling Eyes - just like I was in finding Mrs Figg... so bite me! Mad )

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:15 am

:O
Hate to agree with Orwell here, but videogames that is a actually a great song. Though a tad depressing! Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:33 am

I looked at the lyrics. It's actually a happy (thought slightly ambiguous, which makes it poetry too) love song. There are certain aspects of her words that remind me of some I have in my songs (not to be confused with the channeled stuff one sometimes sees in Forumshire, mind Very Happy ). Maybe that's why they resonated with me after her "look" and "voice" first hooked me and I looked the lyrics up. Also, there was a character in a book I wrote about thirty years ago and I thought, "Hey! That's Lana." Yes, "Lana" was the girl in my story. All very spooky really in a way, but a really nice way. Maybe I'm getting so old ALL experience is beginning to repeat itself. That bit - if true - is both nice and sad... Stop me, Ally, before I start getting REALLY maudlin! Sad

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:52 pm

Lana does have a classic feel over her, I can't quite put my finger on who she remind me of... but Janis Joplin comes to mind.

Here's a beautiful voice I want to share with you. She has many beautiful and sad songs.

Here she is at 15, and yes she does write her own music and lyrics.
Maria Mena - Lullaby

Today's Maria Mena - Homeless[/url]

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:07 pm

Orwell If you keep going on about this hussie Lana, I will get Ginger meggs to bite you on the bum. Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:45 pm

Amarië wrote:Lana does have a classic feel over her, I can't quite put my finger on who she remind me of... but Janis Joplin comes to mind.

Here's a beautiful voice I want to share with you. She has many beautiful and sad songs.

Here she is at 15, and yes she does write her own music and lyrics.
Maria Mena - Lullaby

Today's Maria Mena - Homeless[/url]

She also reminds me a bit of Julie London, and definitely Cat Power! Though now she's getting slated all over cyberland for that pretty awful performance on SNL. I saw her perform Video Games a few weeks ago on Jonathan Ross and she looked really really nervous. I feel sorry for her because she's only released one EP and she could do without these pressures the month before her first album release!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:50 pm

That's an amazing song to write at only 15. Smile Lovely singer too! I'll check her out on spotify; thanks for the share! Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:52 pm

Orwell wrote:I looked at the lyrics. It's actually a happy (thought slightly ambiguous, which makes it poetry too) love song. There are certain aspects of her words that remind me of some I have in my songs (not to be confused with the channeled stuff one sometimes sees in Forumshire, mind Very Happy ). Maybe that's why they resonated with me after her "look" and "voice" first hooked me and I looked the lyrics up. Also, there was a character in a book I wrote about thirty years ago and I thought, "Hey! That's Lana." Yes, "Lana" was the girl in my story. All very spooky really in a way, but a really nice way. Maybe I'm getting so old ALL experience is beginning to repeat itself. That bit - if true - is both nice and sad... Stop me, Ally, before I start getting REALLY maudlin! Sad

I often feel like that, then I fall into sleep Wink

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:59 pm

I'm definetly getting old 'cause the world seems increasingly to be getting filled up with over talented youth- cant you lot go back to getting drunk in parks and low level petty crime?

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:09 pm

Maria doesn't quite cut it for me. The song about her Mum is made ridiculous (to me) by reference to her singng her "lullaby." I associate lullabies with tiny children, not fifteen year olds. Lullabies are sung to someone else. Who is Maria's being sung to/for? Her Mum? Herself? Doesn't seem appropriate to either in the context of the song.

Also, I don't like "masculine" skin in the second song. Why not just "skin"? I know it's a guy - otherwise she would have called her lover "her". (See, I was paying attention! Very Happy) Any way you look at it, I know whose "skin" it is, and the sex of that skin, already. I give Maria marks for her precocious talent though. She just needs to express her own "voice" and "suspend disbelief", which poet's need to do. You know, make images and stories and abstractions seem like some version of personal Truth. (And I don't mean "the Facts").

Mrs Figg, you must learn to share. Free Spirits like me have wandering minds and wandering hands and a huge Virtual sex drive. If it's any consolation, Lana reminds me of you for some reason. She reminds me of ME too. It's all about points-of-contact- between people, I reckon, poetically speaking. NB: I bet yor skin smells feminine - and possibly of wine, olives and garlic -- and pussies. Very Happy

Petty, each generation surpasses the one before it. Which is why my Video needs to come out soon - else people will see me as some "very average" talent from a former generation, and not some groovy "with-it" 53 year old! elephant

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:30 pm

{{{Once the rest of my edits are uploaded only got Home and your vid left to finish Orwell out of my projects!! So bound to make you famous -at least before your 60!}}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:41 pm

{{{Just played the song - after a long rest from it --- I hope your video is so great people don't notice the song so much! affraid 7 years to completion? Suspect Well, good things come to those who wait! Very Happy --- I have an image of some kilted chap working for another 7 years on a music video, though. You'd probably get less for murder. Very Happy }}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:42 pm

{{{{If when its finally finished you dont like it I might get done for murder yet!! Twisted Evil }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:43 pm

{{{Or get murdered? Evil or Very Mad Not neceasarily by Yours Truly, neither. Very Happy }}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:47 pm

{{I have a terrible premonition of the Banks clan descending on my barrel with torches and pitchforks- no hold on thats not a premonition that was just last weekened!}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:49 pm

{{{I wonder why they would kill you? For the song or the video? Or both? Shocked }}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:07 am

Orwell wrote:Maria doesn't quite cut it for me. The song about her Mum is made ridiculous (to me) by reference to her singng her "lullaby." I associate lullabies with tiny children, not fifteen year olds. Lullabies are sung to someone else. Who is Maria's being sung to/for? Her Mum? Herself? Doesn't seem appropriate to either in the context of the song.

Also, I don't like "masculine" skin in the second song. Why not just "skin"? I know it's a guy - otherwise she would have called her lover "her". (See, I was paying attention! Very Happy) Any way you look at it, I know whose "skin" it is, and the sex of that skin, already. I give Maria marks for her precocious talent though. She just needs to express her own "voice" and "suspend disbelief", which poet's need to do. You know, make images and stories and abstractions seem like some version of personal Truth. (And I don't mean "the Facts").

Mrs Figg, you must learn to share. Free Spirits like me have wandering minds and wandering hands and a huge Virtual sex drive. If it's any consolation, Lana reminds me of you for some reason. She reminds me of ME too. It's all about points-of-contact- between people, I reckon, poetically speaking. NB: I bet yor skin smells feminine - and possibly of wine, olives and garlic -- and pussies. Very Happy

Petty, each generation surpasses the one before it. Which is why my Video needs to come out soon - else people will see me as some "very average" talent from a former generation, and not some groovy "with-it" 53 year old! elephant

Wow, you really didn't get the songs at all. She does sing about feelings and emotions so it may simply be because you are a (most popular) guy.

A lullaby represents comfort, safety, love, care.
Maria sings her lullaby to herself (can also mean this exact song), telling us she is lonely and in need of these things. And she asks her mother why she doesn't care, why she makes her daughter cry, why she ignores her daughters feelings and only care about her own.

As you might deduce for this, her parents are divorced and her mother is bitter, resentful and vindictive. Maria suffers a lot because of this. Her is also the key to get a better grasp of her other texts, of the underlying sadness, loneliness and emotional scars.

In Homeless she doesn't use "masculine" skin to tell you that she is singing about a guy (really, give the girl some credit Laughing ). She is once again describing how she feels, painting a picture with her words and her music. She is not actually sticking her nose in the mans armpit, I do believe she at this point is simply in the same room.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:35 am

You seem to like bold brush strokes, Amarie, the obvious plainly told. I am moved by experience, but I'm not so keen being told about it. Very Happy Btw I was not criticising the girl, I just gave an opinion on her art.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:43 pm

I dont know who or what this Lana chick is. Is it a computer thingy? Shocked scratch
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:41 pm

Orwell wrote:You seem to like bold brush strokes, Amarie, the obvious plainly told. I am moved by experience, but I'm not so keen being told about it. Very Happy Btw I was not criticising the girl, I just gave an opinion on her art.

You are quite condescending, aren't you? Are you really judging me solely based on the two songs I posted? I had the impression it was you who liked the obvious plainly told. I was speaking to a man who seemed to not understand a word the girl was singing, so I thought it best to speak slow and be very clear. Especially since the meaning of the song is plain to see even if you didn't know her history. Also English is not my mother tongue, so my words will lack the dept and variety a native speaker might have.

And I did add the history bit mostly for Ally and others who would search for more of her music and find her more darker works.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next