Biffo Banks
Norc
Mrs Figg
bungobaggins
gray gundulf
26 posters

Page 31 of 39 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 39  Next

Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 31 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS]

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:47 pm

No 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 31 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS]

Post by bungobaggins Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:55 pm

Some guy on torn saw the movie and posted his thoughts.

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=675515;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=98410937

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

So, this person went into the movie not knowing that the whole thing was going to be a last minute cgi-fest? I mean, come on. After AUJ how can anyone be that naive?

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:10 pm

For PJ: F You 

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 31 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:15 pm

It does make a lot of sense though, that some of these over the top storylines are just Peter Jackson winging it.

Bilbo and the dwarfs fighting Smaug? Anyone who knows anything about Tolkiens story would know how completely out of synch that is with the logic Tolkien created.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:16 pm

well if it was confirmation we wanted, this guy gives it. and how. Sad 

oh well, what can I say. They spent a butt load of cash and had some jollies for a year down in NZ, they all got paid and get to go to swanky after parties. We get to sit in the dark grinding our teeth and/or crying into our popcorn, or just sitting there bemused and bored. Dont know if I will even bother, but I may as well go just so i know what you guys will be talking about.

when I think back to when I first heard of TH being filmed, I was SO excited, so happy, couldnt wait, I imagined all manner of glorious stuff, and now its all gone and its worse than I could ever imagine. ok its just a film its no big deal, but still its a wasted opportunity on an artistic level.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:21 am

The moment with Bombur during the barrel sequence is worse than I thought.

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=675650#675650

Spoiler:

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:30 am

Yup, sounds like PJ, whom I salute from the bottom of my heart:

F You 

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:35 am

I think it'll go a little something like this.

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 31 AsQok73

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:25 am

Mrs Figg wrote:
Ringdrotten wrote:the Most Crabbit award just got interesting Very Happy
its a 3 (grey) horse race at this point. :nod:It depends on your preferred crabbit style.

1. Petty = Constant Crabbit - ''does what it says on the tin''
2. Sinister = Explosive Crabbit - ''Incoming!!!!''
3. Forest = Stealth Crabbit - ''Woah! where dat come from?''
EXPLOSIVE MY ASS!!!! Suspect I smell a conspiracy here... Figgs Suspect 
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:56 am

bungobaggins wrote:The moment with Bombur during the barrel sequence is worse than I thought.

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=675650#675650
That whole thread is rather disappointing. Neutral
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:14 am

I tried to avoid anything too spoilery (such as details about what exactly happens), but
spoiler:
Also, if they guy who wrote the review enjoyed AUJ and hated DOS, we can only hope that it may mean the opposite for us. Since our expectations are lowered instead of raised, we may enjoy it more.

Edit: is it sad that I just realized where the spoiler button was:shock: 

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 31 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:16 am

I don't see how that entire sequence (barrels) can be anything but laughable.

I don't understand the scar thing either, and I think that if someone who enjoyed AUJ and didn't like DOS will probably mean that we'll hate DOS times two.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:17 am

Hah! Great avatar, bungo.

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:20 am

That honestly sounds like a satire more than anything. If that's true, then wow: Stay away from the Silmarillion!
It's all we have left.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:21 am

Yeah, go make King Kong vs. Mecha-Godzilla or something.

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:24 am

I think there must be something in the water at Rhosgobel. Bungo...? Suspect
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:25 am

Recoveryanonymous wrote:That honestly sounds like a satire more than anything. If that's true, then wow: Stay away from the Silmarillion!
It's all we have left.
WE WANT 10 MOVIEZ BASED ON THE SILLYMARILLION!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T WATCH THE MOVIEZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!1

[[[[[[[[[The whole Thorin surfing on lava sounds like Revenge of the Tshi and the whole Mustafar sequence]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Thanks Raddy Metal 

I'd like to thank Google Images.
Oscars 

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:26 am

Eldorion wrote:I think there must be something in the water at Rhosgobel.  Bungo...? Suspect
Crabbit Juice™️!

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:27 am

Radaghast wrote:Yeah, go make King Kong vs. Mecha-Godzilla or something.
Really though, it's clear that's the kind of movie he wants to make; I don't know why he chooses source material that he has to fight with in order to get there. He needs to work on Pacific Rim or something similar.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:27 am

bungobaggins wrote:
Recoveryanonymous wrote:That honestly sounds like a satire more than anything. If that's true, then wow: Stay away from the Silmarillion!
It's all we have left.
WE WANT 10 MOVIEZ BASED ON THE SILLYMARILLION!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T WATCH THE MOVIEZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!1

[[[[[[[[[The whole Thorin surfing on lava sounds like Revenge of the Tshi and the whole Mustafar sequence]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Thanks Raddy Metal 

I'd like to thank Google Images.
Oscars 
Oh god, the fanbase...

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:29 am

HATERZ GONNA HATE!!!!!!!!

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:29 am

I think PJ is thumbing his nose at the us with shite like this. "Oh you didn't like the dwarves falling a hundred feet and then having a fat goblin fall from 100 feet on top of them?! Well, look at THIS! How you like me now, BITCHEZZZ?!"

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:34 am

bungobaggins wrote:WE WANT 10 MOVIEZ BASED ON THE SILLYMARILLION!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T WATCH THE MOVIEZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!1
Okay, honestly, I was thinking about this the other day.  I know that "make it an HBO miniseries!" is the preferred method for hypothetically adapting The Silmarillion, especially since Game of Thrones became a big hit, but I don't think it would work.  It doesn't get around the fact that The Silmarillion is not a novel, barely has a coherent plot, and has characters appear and drop away constantly.  If you were going to try to adapt The Silmarillion, I think the best bet would be to copy the Marvel Cinematic Universe.  You can have stand-alone movies and/or self-contained duologies and trilogies for specific storylines, like the Feanor's rebellion, Beren and Luthien, etc.  Every now and then there are giant crossover movies that tie together the various story pieces and anchor the whole franchise.  Since the timeline is way more spread out than the MCU, these movies might be the transitions between different individual storylines.  The most obvious candidates for the subject of the mega movies would be the principle Battles of Beleriand.

Honestly, this would still probably be a gigantic mess, and I'd rather that The Silmarillion not be adapted at all, but I think this would be the best of many possible bad approaches.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:35 am

Recoveryanonymous wrote:
Really though, it's clear that's the kind of movie he wants to make; I don't know why he chooses source material that he has to fight with in order to get there. He needs to work on Pacific Rim or something similar.
He needs to make another cheesy horror film.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:36 am

Recoveryanonymous wrote:
His other movies don't seem to sell as well, though King Kong seems to be regarded as some sort of masterpiece for some reason scratch 

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 39 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 39  Next