Biffo Banks
Norc
Mrs Figg
bungobaggins
gray gundulf
26 posters

Page 22 of 39 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30 ... 39  Next

Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 22 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS]

Post by chris63 Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:46 am

Interesting, they just asked sean astin why sam isnt in the movies and his reply was there not finished yet.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 22 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS]

Post by chris63 Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:47 am

Beat me to it Eldo Smile

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:47 am

I really don't think Sam is going to show up unless it's in the framing scenes at the end of the third movie.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:48 am

Bard is a dad, a widower, and also a survivor (or something like that; I don't think I'm quoting him precisely).

Bard can do things that even he doesn't believe he can do "when the crunch comes to crunch".
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:49 am

So do they keep cutting away for commercial breaks? If so, why aren't they showing commercials?
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:50 am

Yeah, what does crunch imply??? I don't think that's a saying. And him describing his favorite part is bogus. I'm sure it's not.
And benedict cummberbach?

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 22 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:51 am

Lots of fans watching this, comments scrolling up that fast you can't read them.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:52 am

Tinuviel wrote:Yeah, what does crunch imply??? I don't think that's a saying. And him describing his favorite part is bogus. I'm sure it's not.
And benedict cummberbach?
I assume it means the same thing as "when push comes to shove", possibly blended with the "crunch time".
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:55 am

Did Boyens just say "Enter the Dragon?" Shocked What does THAT imply?

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 22 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:56 am

I stopped watching but was she making a reference to the Bruce Lee film?
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:04 am

Ahh, that makes sense!
And they've just confirmed the romance between Kili and Tauriel and they said that Fili and Kili get separated from the rest of the group
Martin seems unhappy about not getting to work with Benny, and remarks how he recoils from his Dragon breath, which he says was his own invention.

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:05 am

Kili-Tauriel-Legolas love triangle confirmed.

All the cool movie series are doing it.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:12 am

Why the heck would Sam even think about being in these films unless he were in the book end scenes, which from all accounts he is not. Why do they feel the need to shoehorn every stinking character from LOTR in to these films. Are people really that hard up to see characters they love they would rather see them in some made up nonsense than in a context they were originally intended?

I don't get it.

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:14 am

Eldorion wrote:Kili-Tauriel-Legolas love triangle confirmed.

All the cool movie series are doing it.
Maybe they should have made Legolas shiny. Then the twilight girls really would have gone gaga over him. Wheres the barf emoticon? pale 
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:15 am

:facepalm: 
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:26 am

SPOILERS!!!!

PJ brought his daughter as his guest, his daughter being a bar maid in the film. So expect to see PJ in the said bar as well.
PJ said they were guided by Tolkien's book in terms of casting. Ha.

Evangeline Lily keeps rolling her "r" in Taurrrrriel.

Orlando seems exhausted, he's in the middle of Romeo and Juliet on Broadway and has to fly back after the premier. He also said there's a character arc throughout that leads into LOTR

The Cumberbum is here, which seems to be who everyone is waiting for. He's wearing a red velvet suit, which he says is Smaug color. Also, he said he was only there for eight days, filming both the Necromancer and Smaug.

A girl just said she was a bad asian cuz she's missing class for the premeir. She just got tickets to see the movie, so I guess her sacrifice was worth it.

Armitage says he's most excited for the finale, which involves the dwarves trying to "Destroy Smaug in the mountain." Shocked Evil or Very Mad Banghead Extremely Crabbit He also said the essence of Smaug begins to affect Thorin, and also the dwarves all get intoxicated by fumes in Mirkwood. So I'm guessing that's instead of the River...?

Now there showing a New Zealand museum of some sort with sets from the Hobbit that coincide with the (few) on set locations they were built on.

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:29 am

Now it appears to be over... and half the cast isn't even there!!!!

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:34 am

Radaghast wrote:
Just to be clear, this is sarcasm and/or speculation since Legolas-Tauriel romantic tension seemed pretty evident in the trailers and apparently Kili-Tauriel was confirmed on the red carpet.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:36 am

WHERE WAS LEE PACE?!?!?! And Sir Ian? And the rest of the dwarves?

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:39 am

They might show up at the secondary premieres, though I don't think those usually get the live streaming treatment.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:56 am

Eldorion wrote:
Radaghast wrote:
Just to be clear, this is sarcasm and/or speculation since Legolas-Tauriel romantic tension seemed pretty evident in the trailers and apparently Kili-Tauriel was confirmed on the red carpet.
Oh okay. But, yeah, knowing PJ, it's definitely a possibility.

I shouldn't really care since I'm not going to see the movie, but all of this stuff still rankles.
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:59 am

Come on dude, you're going to see the movie. You basically have to at this point!
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:01 am

Why? Shrugging
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:06 am

So you can see how it measures up to expectations (both good and bad).

So you can fully participate in discussions about it with everyone else.

Because you've been talking about it for months now.

Because the hyperbole about PJ has gotten way out of hand.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:12 am

Well, if I see it at all, it won't be in the theater, it'll be someone's borrowed DVD or at someone's house.

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 22 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 39 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30 ... 39  Next