Biffo Banks
Norc
Mrs Figg
bungobaggins
gray gundulf
26 posters

Page 21 of 39 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 39  Next

Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 21 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS]

Post by malickfan Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:57 pm

One thing that surprised me with AUJ was how quiet it was-I literally saw it at the very first screening at my local on opening night (I wanted to get it over and done with, I wasn't eager to see it!), half empty.

I wonder if that will be the case this time around?

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 21 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS]

Post by Radaghast Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:59 pm

David H wrote:
Pettytyrant101 wrote:The shed Blue- I resent paying any money towards Pj for these films, I am definitely not shelling out the extra for ferry and trains too, let alone expending that amount of time travelling to see them.
Me too. I'm trying to think about it not as giving money to WB and PJ, but to helping support our local theater.
View locally! pub
Couldn't you watch another movie? tongue 
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:03 am

Ah Radaghast, but then how could I join in the crabbitfest?Twisted Evil 
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:05 am

Touché!

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 21 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:08 am

malickfan wrote:One thing that surprised me with AUJ was how quiet it was-I literally saw it at the very first screening at my local on opening night (I wanted to get it over and done with, I wasn't eager to see it!), half empty.

I wonder if that will be the case this time around?
I saw AUJ midnight opening day, theater was packed, people dressed as elves and what-not. Everyone was having a lot of fun.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:36 am

Does anyone have a particular pre-showing ritual for Tolkien movies?- Forest

Copious buckie followed by being dragged to the cinema. Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:37 am

Didn't you watch AUJ like this? Very Happy

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 21 QxGoPen
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:39 am

Yes, but with an even greater look of horror on my face Mad 

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:14 am

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 21 ?c=isi&im=%2F1492%2F87971492%2Fpics%2F3170766837_1_3_tsp9zpZh

Closer?

I thought this one might work too. You look down at your popcorn for a moment... Then back at the screen to see the beginning of the fight scene between Thorin and Smaug...

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 21 986

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:29 pm

This is me after watching just the opening credits of DOS.....

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 21 Deadurma1_zps7f74ea72

Hey, this girl needs reviving! casultie in the back row !

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 21 Deadurma2_zpscbcaeafb

Look guys, its a review of the latest Peter Jackson Hobbit film, no wonder she gave up all hope !!

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 21 Pulp_fiction2020_zps7830c1c8

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 21 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 21 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:00 pm

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 21 1333959161756

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:01 pm

If you are so inclined, you can watch the world premiere (the festivities, not the film) streaming starting in about four and a half hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPvu9RaGRTo
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:20 pm

I watched the premiere last year. If I find myself positively bored at 8:30pm, and a gun to my head, I'll consider watching it.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:21 pm

I am hoping to have passed out by then drunken 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:07 am

my ritual is waiting a week after it comes out, go to the cinema during the afternoon on a week day, and sit there alone in the peace and quiet. bliss
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:10 am

I'll watch the premier and keep everyone posted so you don't have to suffer through it. I've got nothing better to do and I want to catch Lee Pace on the Red Carpet Embarassed 

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 21 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:22 am

Thanks Tin. Very Happy I watched the premiere last year but I'm tired tonight and I have work early tomorrow morning so I don't feel like spending on my evening on this. Hopefully they'll post a highlights reel. Shrugging
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:23 am

Mrs Figg wrote:my ritual is waiting a week after it comes out, go to the cinema during the afternoon on a week day, and sit there alone in the peace and quiet. bliss
I couldn't wait that long. Not with spoilers floating around, anyway. I want to see and be able to talk about DOS as quick as possible. Laughing If I decide to go a second time, I'll definitely try to go when it's not as crowded though. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:32 am

They're talking about how Manu Bennet looks different than Azog in real life. No shit.

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [3] [SPOILERS] - Page 21 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:37 am

Just showed some footage, but nothing new. Sean Astin is there, too! As is Ed Sheeran

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:38 am

"I'm not going to give too much away, but you [Manu Bennet as Azog] fight Ian McKellen."

Welp. Thanks for not giving it away, reporter dude.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:40 am

On now, red carpet world premier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPvu9RaGRTo&feature=share

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:41 am

"I'm here with Sean Asstin."

Interesting vocal emphasis there.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:42 am

I KNOW!!!! WHAT?!?!?!

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:43 am

"Why couldn't Samwise finagle himself into the movie?"

Cause he's not born?  Fuck off.

"Well it's not over yet."

Don't do this to me Sean. Sad

"I'm not in the last movie."

Thanks bro. I love you

"I wanted to play Gaffer Gamgee."

That actually might have been cool.  Maybe.  It probably would have just been distracting though.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 39 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 39  Next