Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
Norc
20 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Doctor Who [6] - Page 33 Empty Re: Doctor Who [6]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:48 pm

Q & A from after the BFI screening of Remembrance of the Daleks for the 7th Doctor- with McCoy (in his kilt) Sophie Aldred and Ben Aarovitcch-

And the episode (rest of the parts should be there)- this ones on my definitely recommended list - the stories good, effects ropey as hell mind you, but its a good 50th year episode as its directly linked to what the Doctor was doing coming to earth in the first place in 1963, and what he was up to in that junkyard in Trotters Lane and it has Daleks in it, lots of Daleks. And Ace- who was an excellent companion.

And the panel for the 9th Doctor too (no Eccy thouugh, I think hes the only living Doctor to not appear on the relevant panel) for his era sadly.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:05 pm

How old is the Doctor?

The 2nd Doctor said he was 'something like 450' but also made claims he was several thousand years old without putting an exact figure on it.
The 3rd Doctor also claimed to be several thousand years old, but then just before his regen said he was 748.
The 4th Doctor said he was 759 and that he had been traveling in the Tardis for 523 years.
This tallies roughly with what the TARDIS, in the form of IDRIS says, who said they had been traveling together for 700 years, at that time 11 was 909 years old according to him.
The 6th dotor said he was 900 years old and was 953 when he regenerated.
The 7th Doctor claims to be over 900 years old.
The 9th Doctor said he had '900 years of traveling in the Tardis- which would put his age at just over 1000.
The 10th said he was 903.
The 11th claimed at the start to be 907, the younger version in Impossible astronaut sai he was 909. In Night Terrors he said he was about Georges age, 'a thousand years ago, give or take a century or two'
By the end of his farewell tour he was 1200. But he tells Clara he is 1000 years old.
So what does this tell us? Probably remember Rule One- the Doctor lies.
This would seem to be confirmed by Moffat himself who said on the subject of his age-

"The thing I keep banging on about is that he doesn't know what age he is. He's lying. How could he know, unless he's marking it on a wall? He could be 8,000 years old, he could be a million. He has no clue. The calendar will give him no clues."

In the above Remembrance of the Daleks the Doctor says the following in explanation to Ace about the founders of Time Lord civilization and the creators of Time Travel, Omega and Rassilon-
Spoiler:

Just a musing.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:48 pm

"Doctor Who was named the Best Drama Series for the fourth year running at last night's TV Choice Awards, this year beating Call The Midwife, Downton Abbey and Waterloo Road.

The show also received an Outstanding Achievement Award in recognition of reaching its fiftieth anniversary, with former Doctor Peter Davison taking the stage to present the lead writer Steven Moffat with the award, who said "I'm receiving an award about Doctor Who from Doctor Who while Doctor Who is busy filming in Cardiff!"- Gallifrey Base

Congrats to the whole Who team and crew. cheers 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:42 pm

A pic, um, there's probably a Who news story attached to it, but for some reason I got distracted...

Spoiler:

Ah, yes, filming on the xmas ep, that was it! And Matts wig looks like it should be ok too (mind you took me about ten minutes to notice that)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:59 pm

This is interesting- its a press release about some of the programs for the 50th, but I'm putting it in spoilers for the reason given at the end of it.

Spoiler:

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Semiramis Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:12 pm

Back to the soundtrack for a moment:
Pettytyrant101 wrote:There are are several pieces I am really looking forward to on the series 7 soundtrack- Amy and Rorys' rooftop piece from Angels in Manhattan, the pocket dimension choral theme from Hide, Clara's theme and Rings of course , and the deliberately Morricone like take on I am the Doctor from a Town Called Mercy among several others- I thought series 7 was a good year for Murray Gold on Who- better than 6 (not that it was bad but thee seemed less completely new stuff).
yeah, it's pretty good so far, but I can't say very much about it after only listening to it once. But yes, Amy and Rory's "Together or not at all" really is very good; Hide has only gotten one track Shrugging ; Rings of Akhaten (The Long Song) is brilliant!
Concerning Clara's theme: quite interesting: fits your Clara-theory, Petty; because the Asylum of the Daleks-Clara and the "normal" Clara do have the same theme; although they are kinda different persons (manner of speaking, etc.... see above) Can't say anything about the Victorian Clara, because there is absolutely no Snowmen-Soundtrack on the CD Extremely Crabbit 

So it IS Morricone again? Murray Gold already used pieces from Morricones work in The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon, so I wasn't sure if he's going to do it again....
And I'm not sure if this is one of the songs where he's using it (if he's using it) but I definitely know the melody that you can hear between 00:10 and 00:15 - but I can't place it Neutral 

Maybe someone of you knows it straight away.

Thanks for all the news, Petty Very Happy 

Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:27 pm

Thanks for the link Semiramis. Thumbs Up 

I do know that  piece of music he is using too - and its something quite famous Im sure, but I cant place it either Banghead 

Regards the Clara music-

Spoiler:

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:10 pm

I really, really like this, 50th anniversary vid set to the music and speech from Rings.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:29 pm

Can I just say Impressive Long and enthusiastic thread!

I'm quite a casual fan when it comes to Dr Who, I've seen about 75% of 'New Who', the 60's films, and the odd episode of the Old series here and there-mainly Tom Baker, so be warned I may be asking you guys lots of silly Questions...

Luckily a friend of Mine owns every single Availbe episode of the series (both old and new) so I shouldn't find it too hard to get up to speed...

For the Record my Fave doctor is either Tennant or Tom Baker, though I have a feeling the Brillaint, Brillaint casting of Peter Capaldi may change that...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:49 pm

I will look forward to your thoughts about the assistants of New who Very Happy we have had some battle royals on the various merits of Rose or Pond.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:52 pm

Can I just say Impressive Long and enthusiastic thread!- Malickfan

That's almost right- just needs tweaking-

Can I just say Impressive Long and crabbit thread!

That's more like it Nod 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:03 am

legendary crabbitude
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:14 am

Definitely more accurate Figg. Twisted Evil 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:10 am

Posters for the Anniversary episode, spoilery if you havent seen up to end of series 7-

Spoiler:

BBC Press release on the Anniversay shows-

Fifty years of Doctor Who to culminate in The Day Of The Doctor

The countdown starts here as the BBC reveals its plans to take over TV and radio to mark the Doctor’s 50th anniversary.

With special programmes planned across the BBC, the celebrations will peak on 23 November with the anniversary episode, revealed as The Day Of The Doctor. Starring
Spoiler:
, the special for BBC One has been confirmed as feature-length, with 75 minutes of adventure.

Matt Smith, who plays the Doctor, says: “The Day Of The Doctor is nearly here! Hope you all enjoy. There’s lots more coming your way, as the countdown to the 50th begins now.”

Each channel will be home to unique content, celebrating the wealth of history and talent from the last 50 years.

BBC Two will broadcast a number of new commissions, focusing on telling the story behind the show. For one night only, Professor Brian Cox will take an audience of celebrity guests and members of the public on a journey into the wonderful universe of the Doctor, from the lecture hall of the Royal Institution of Great Britain (1x60 minutess). Drawing on the latest theories, as well as 200 years of scientific discoveries and the genius of Einstein, Brian tries to answer the classic questions raised by the Doctor: Can you really travel in time? Does extra-terrestrial life exist in our galaxy? And how do you build something as fantastical as the TARDIS?

In an hour-long special, BBC Two’s flagship arts programme The Culture Show presents Me, You And Doctor Who (1x60 minutes), with lifelong fan Matthew Sweet exploring the cultural significance of the BBC’s longest running TV drama, arguing that it’s one of the most important cultural artefacts of modern Britain. Put simply, Doctor Who matters. He’ll examine how the show has become a cultural force in its own right and tell the stories of some of the unsung cultural heroes, who pioneered its innovative music, design and storytelling.

BBC Two wraps up its coverage with the previously announced An Adventure In Space and Time (1x90 minutes), which will tell the story of the genesis of Doctor Who and the many personalities involved. Written by Mark Gatiss, the drama stars David Bradley (the Harry Potter films); Brian Cox (The Bourne Supremacy, The Bourne Identity), Jessica Raine (Call The Midwife) and Sacha Dhawan (History Boys, Last Tango In Halifax).

Steven Moffat, lead writer and executive producer of Doctor Who, says: "Fifty years has turned Doctor Who from a television show into a cultural landmark. Personally I can't wait to see what it becomes after a hundred."

BBC Four will introduce audiences to the first Doctor, William Hartnell, with a special re-run of the first-ever story, which marked the start of 50 years of history. The four episodes are being shown in a restored format, not previously broadcast in the UK.

There will also be programmes across CBBC with 12 Again (1x30 minutes) bringing together CBBC’s super-fan Chris Johnson, impressionist Jon Culshaw, Tommy Knight (Luke Smith), Warwick Davis (Porridge), Neve McIntosh (Madame Vastra), Dan Starkey (Strax) Louise Jameson (Leela) and the seventh Doctor, Sylvester McCoy, to share their memories of watching TV’s top Time Lord when they were young.

Blue Peter will launch an exciting new competition giving viewers aged between six and 14 the opportunity to design a new gadget that will become part of the iconic science fiction series. Two live Blue Peter specials will see presenters Barney, Lindsey and Radzi joined by aliens and monsters, with viewers challenging Matt Smith to answer their Doctor Who questions.

BBC Three will be home to several exciting entertainment commissions. Audiences will be encouraged to get involved and vote in Doctor Who: Monsters And Villains Weekend, as we countdown to the top Doctor Who monster. For those less familiar with the show, Doctor Who: The Ultimate Guide will introduce fans and viewers to a wealth of archive material and act as a guide to all things Who. A further exciting commission to be announced later this year will see the celebrations finish with a bang.

Danny Cohen, Director of BBC Television, says: “Doctor Who is a titan of British television and I’m incredibly proud to have it on the BBC. It's an astonishing achievement for a drama to reach its 50th anniversary. I'd like to thank every person - on both sides of the camera - who has been involved with its creative journey over so many years.”

It’s not just TV where audiences will be able join in the celebrations; programming across Radio 2, Radio 1 and Radio 4 Extra will also mark the 50th.

BBC Radio 2 will ask Who Is The Doctor? in a 90-minute documentary featuring newly recorded interviews and exclusive archive material. The programme will look at the lasting appeal of Doctor Who and ask how much of its continued success can be attributed to its basic formula.

In The Blagger’s Guide To Doctor Who, David Quantick will give the iconic Doctor the Blagger’s treatment. He’ll be finding out the answers to questions such as, why do Americans think Tom Baker is still Doctor Who? How many Doctors have there really been? Were the Daleks really named after an encyclopaedia?

Finally, Graham Norton will be broadcasting his weekly Radio 2 show live (Saturday 23 November, 10am) from the Doctor Who Celebration in London. In a special three-hour show, Graham will take a ride in the TARDIS and will also be chatting with some of the series’ stars and fans.

Music is a key part of Doctor Who, from the famous theme tune to soaring melodies, but the show has also inspired a whole new phenomenon – Time Lord Rock (TROCK). Radio 1 will look at this genre of music inspired by the Doctor and his journeys through space and time with a 60-minute documentary.

Meanwhile, Radio 4 Extra travels back to 1963 with a three-hour special programme, Who Made Who?, to look at the world that inspired the television series. Doctor Who may have come from other times, but his roots were very much in the present of 1960s Britain. This distinctive programme combines audio from the archive, new interviews and extracts from audio versions of Doctor Who. Additionally, the station will broadcast readings and dramas featuring the great Doctor.

There will also be special content across the official website and on BBC iPlayer.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:11 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Posters for the Anniversary episode, spoilery if you havent seen up to end of series 7-
Awesome!!!Very Happy 

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:12 pm

I should be so excited I am ready to pop- I have the 50th Anniversary stuff and feature length episode, the xmas episode and a new Tolkien film to look forward to all at the end of the year- a fabulous dream like combination of two of my favourite things.
Sadly I am only hugely excited about Who and have nothing but a growing sense of foreboding and dread about the desolation of Tolkien.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Semiramis Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:57 pm

Awesome trailer! Awesome posters!!!!! Thumbs Up 

Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:53 pm

Van Gogh painted the Tardis!!!

Very Happy 

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:05 pm

Very Happy I believe! He just cunningly hid it to look a bit like part of a building so as not to muck up the time lines. Nod 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:42 pm

Then he planted fake evidence that it was a forgery so that the painting wouldn't be discovered until well after Doctor Who was a successful series. Truly a brilliant plan! Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:45 pm

Oh I think the doctor may have had something to do with suggesting the painting was fake. After all he is brilliant and that psychic paper is incredibly effective. Very Happy 

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:46 pm

He does have form at this Eldo, the Doctor Nod - from City of Death on the back of the Mona Lisa-

Doctor Who [6] - Page 33 Cityofdeathmolalisacanvass_zpsd9338d04

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:47 pm

Kind of hard to blame those early 20th century art experts. That looks pretty open and shut to me even knowing what we do now. Shrugging
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:20 pm

Classic scene form the 9th Doctor story Dalek that saw the first appearence of the pepper pot menace to NuWho.

A reminder why so many kids watch Who from here- Sofa 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:29 am

Had a power cut last night. I lit a candle, wish I had hadnt the light just attracts things pale 

Doctor Who [6] - Page 33 PICT0031_zps9a582fc1

Doctor Who [6] - Page 33 PICT0035_zpsda7701c3

Doctor Who [6] - Page 33 PICT0042_zpsd33ddc02

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next