Sinister71
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
Norc
29 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 34 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS]

Post by Eldorion Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:32 am

Also, Bree's official Facebook page has a link to a news post timestamped only 20 hours ago, which suggests to me that the new owners haven't actually given up on the site, but that somebody just fucked up somewhere.

https://www.facebook.com/hobbitmovies
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 34 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:33 am

So much for my Forumshire outreach program!
Hopefully some of the regulars from Bree can find their way here, and to any visiting Breelanders do feel free to recreate any particular thread topics that you want to continue in the relevant sections on here- you will all be most welcome.

edit add- well that's a slightly hopeful sign Eldo- although since they took over (whoever they are) they have completely neglected the forum side to it and failed to respond to any emails or communications from the mods there (Sin and Stu)

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:39 am

Yeah, it's unfortunate that Bree ended up with another absentee admin (one even more absentee than Ady, which I would not have thought possible Rolling Eyes), but hopefully the site will come back online cause it's how a lot of people found the community just because of its search engine optimization
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:55 am

there was NO and I mean literally NO communication from the new owners... I have left at least half a dozen messages to the facebook page which most of which were polite, only the later ones being ones of frustration. Emails and repeated attempts to contact them. I really hope it is just a fubar on someones part and the site will be back up before too long. But I do think the people who used it were the red headed step children so to speak who really truly found and find Jackson's Hobbit something very dishonest and lacking in terms of style and story. Or at least I know I do. I'm just not afraid to admit the bad of Jackson's films like many on other more film friendly sites.

Even if Bree does decide to reemerge I'm still going to open my own forum. One that will appreciate Tolkien more than Jackson. Maybe give authors and Tolkien scholars something to appreciate instead of having to see Tolkien's work being changed into something a complete 180 degree direction of what the great professor would have wanted. TORn had to start somewhere right? Its just sad it came from licking the bottoms of Peter Jackson's boots.
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:03 am

I remember back when Bree was only a few months old and it had a ton of movie fans on it and seemed way more positive about the films than this forum here did.  I've only posted on Bree sporadically, so I'm not entirely sure how that transition came about, but I really hope you guys are able to keep you community together.  Any Bree-landers who have registered here have left an e-mail address so let me know if you need help getting in touch with anyone.  I'm sure Petty has lots of e-mail addresses from sharing his edits, too. Also, feel free to post the link to your new forum here when it's ready, Sin! Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:11 am

Eldorion wrote:I remember back when Bree was only a few months old and it had a ton of movie fans on it and seemed way more positive about the films than this forum here did.  I've only posted on Bree sporadically, so I'm not entirely sure how that transition came about, but I really hope you guys are able to keep you community together.  Any Bree-landers who have registered here have left an e-mail address so let me know if you need help getting in touch with anyone.  I'm sure Petty has lots of e-mail addresses from sharing his edits, too.  Also, feel free to post the link to your new forum here when it's ready, Sin! Smile
well that transition came about right after the movies release, so for me its not all that hard to figure out.. Thanks on letting me post a link to the new site I'm working on ( I actually started roughing it out earlier today) but it will be a few weeks in development probably. we'll see how long till I have something I am happy with
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:23 am

That makes sense, I suppose. Smile Good luck with the new site.  Out of curiosity, are you working on just a forum or also a blog component?  If you just want a forum there are some forum hosting services that can give you pre-packaged forum software which is still fairly versatile.  If you host the site yourself you have more control over it, but it's more expensive.  Either way, I'd recommend phpBB as the software base since it's free no matter what.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:31 am

As I remember  the Bree Transition, there was a general sense of excitement and speculation about TH right up until the group photo of the dwarves came out.

That was the first WTF moment where the enthusiasm started morphing into confusion and doubt.  Even the staunch supporters started sounding defensive.

At very close to the same time a couple voices from Forumshire appeared, and joined the discussions with a more distilled form of cynicism.  It gave a new structure to the debates.

I think that was really the cloud-chamber moment for me.  (That's when I moved over here.) The bunny-sled an all that followed were just more nails in PJ's coffin.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:37 am

I probably do have quite a few emails form there Eldo, hadn't thought of that- problem is that most emails arent the same as peoples user names and I havent a clue for the most part who is who.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:02 pm

If you have the addresses you can just send out a mass e-mail to everyone saying "hey, since the forum is gone this is where people are congregating" and include links to Sin's new site and the forum here. I can do the same thing with the e-mails I have and hopefully that will catch the bulk of the people who posted actively on Bree. Unless Bree comes back online in the next day or two in which case it doesn't really matter. Shrugging
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:13 pm

Sounds like a plan Eldo. We can give it until the weekend to see what happens over in Bree first then start sending out the invites.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:17 pm

if anyone is still member of TORn I was wondering if you could send a PM to Malickfan, he is Paul Ashwell from Bree, and tell him he is welcome to post here if he wishes as the other Breelanders are here. (but he may not know we call Hobbitmovie forum Bree) cheers. not sure about the other refugees.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:19 pm

Sounds like a plan, Petty. Smile And I can send a PM to Malickfan for you, Mrs Figg.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:24 pm

thanks Eldo. its rotten news, all the other people like Joel and Hillbilly have been there for years, this really sucks.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:28 pm

I remember when the Old Forum went offline for nearly two weeks due to technical problems and Ady's lack of attention to it.  We never fully recovered in terms of activity until after Dark Planet Day and meeting the new Bree.  Hopefully you guys can find each other and keep in touch for as long as necessary though.  It sucks having no way to contact anyone else from the forum.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:36 pm

yeah I know, I think arwenw is from the dark planet and I am scared of going there, hang on isnt Amarie from DP? anyway arwenw sometimes posts on Bree.

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:36 pm

is there a rescue mission in the planning here?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:51 pm

I wanted to thank her Mrs Figg for her kind comment about my edits- but I was locked from signing in there by then and couldnt.
So I do hope she finds her way here.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:54 pm

Petty she is from the Fluffy Planet, if you are a member you could pm her.

yes Norc its Dunkirk all over again
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:00 pm

Go to the Dark Planet? On my own? Where they don't have buckie or crabbit? pale 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:07 pm

scaredy cat
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:13 pm

"The guest who escapes by the roof thinks twice before he walks back in through the door" Mrs Figg. Nod 

{{Now thats made me crabbit as its reminded me PJ left that line out, the tosser}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:45 pm

As I remember it, it was more like hysterical sobs of "We cannot live without youtube vidoes!!!", a bit of peeing on the carpet followed by a mad dash for the hills.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:48 pm

a bit of peeing on the carpet- Amarie

Yeah, sorry about that,  Embarassed  but the buckie must return! Twisted Evil  And I couldnt find the toilets, what with it being Dark and all.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:40 pm

Maybe Joel and Hillbilly will find this place. Forumshire was mentioned quite a few times.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next