Sinister71
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
Norc
29 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 28 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS]

Post by azriel Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:49 am

I agree with Mrs Figg, Il only watch DROSS to close my eyes & fantasize about ThandyRandyPants ! Hes got a dreamy, melted chocolate voice ! Actually, strike that, Il have my eyes OPEN when he's on screen but SHUT when rest of film is playing, I might come out of cinema with mental health issues other wise ! I might even develope "Hobbit Rage" & go around punching short chubby people that look like PJ !

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 28 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 28 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 28 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:55 am

I might even develope "Hobbit Rage" & go around punching short chubby people that look like PJ ! - Azriel

This is why I can never go to NZ.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:26 am

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 28 5IEevhl
Eldorion wrote:I wish Ally was here because she's probably the only one who would get that. Sad
Awwww, how precious!
*prints out and hangs on the fridge door*

Sonic Beorn and Smaug? I haven't played much Sonic games, so I wouldn't recognize a quote. I had a Game Boy when I was younger, not Sega. But RA's deku Link avatar I recognize. Smile

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:35 am

I was looking forward to seeing Persbrandt as Beorn, he is awesome! I am not surprised if PJ manages to ruin this as well.

Unless that was a friendly skunk taking a nap on Beorn's head while waiting to carry the newly chopped firewood inside. It was a rather Disney like chapter of the book. Laughing 
{{{ Crying or Very sad }}}

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:43 am

Where is Ally? She away on hols or something?
Its very annoying the way her and CC always seem to take their holidays at the same time. Mad 

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:17 pm

So quiet without them.
#sad #silence #toomuchsanity #amarieco #AMARIECOOOOOOOOO!!!

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:18 pm

Laughing @ everything above.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:26 pm

torn has actually caught up with the beorn hating.
 http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2013/08/12/76811-peter-jacksons-beorn-not-yet-convincing-fans/

the one ring wrote:The reader reaction to the low-resolution image of Beorn from the SD Toys 2014 Hobbit Calendar has been swift, visceral and fascinating.

Fact is that, while noting that people often tend to automatically respond negatively to change then rapidly adapt, the reader response has been largely unfavourable. Overall, people don’t seem to like Beorn.
It’s a reaction seemingly propelled by the crazy mane of hair that sweeps over Beorn’s head like a mohawk, and stretches down his back like a long, rangy mullet.
It’s prompted a wide-ranging variety of negative comparisons to Sonic the Hedgehog, Blanka, Joe Dirt, ’80s hair metal bands, David Bowie in Labyrinth and Beast from Beauty and the Beast.

u can also vote.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:32 pm

Is it a Davey Crocket ? Is it alive ? needs hitting with a stick to see Smile 

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 28 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:23 pm

or jabbing up the Peter Jacksie
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:50 pm

Norc wrote:torn has actually caught up with the beorn hating.
 http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2013/08/12/76811-peter-jacksons-beorn-not-yet-convincing-fans/

the one ring wrote:The reader reaction to the low-resolution image of Beorn from the SD Toys 2014 Hobbit Calendar has been swift, visceral and fascinating.

Fact is that, while noting that people often tend to automatically respond negatively to change then rapidly adapt, the reader response has been largely unfavourable. Overall, people don’t seem to like Beorn.
It’s a reaction seemingly propelled by the crazy mane of hair that sweeps over Beorn’s head like a mohawk, and stretches down his back like a long, rangy mullet.
It’s prompted a wide-ranging variety of negative comparisons to Sonic the Hedgehog, Blanka, Joe Dirt, ’80s hair metal bands, David Bowie in Labyrinth and Beast from Beauty and the Beast.
u can also vote.
I bet Jackson goes into detail in the next production blog about how cool Beorn looks. It'll be like how went into detail about Radagast's poop hair.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:21 pm

It'll be like how went into detail about Radagast's poop hair.
Where did he do this?

I would like to read it... then set myself on fire.

But don't worry, it will be while I am changed into a bubble in beer, and I'll only be nicely warmed.

Wait... being a beer bubble itself could be dangerous in these parts. Why can't people just let a bubble be? Now I am drifting.

Back to the topic. Radagast's 'do'... grey or white?
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:55 pm

green.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:47 pm

azriel wrote:I agree with Mrs Figg, Il only watch DROSS to close my eyes & fantasize about ThandyRandyPants ! Hes got a dreamy, melted chocolate voice !
Hold up, how do you know what he sounds like? No speaking parts yet. Or is this a purely imagined voice quality?

And I thought all you forumshire women went wild over wooly haired sweaty men with dirty fingernails wrapped around pointy things. scratch  Randypants ain't none of that, AND he rides a moose.

(Elk actually, but "Elk" sounds sexier than it looks).

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:31 pm

Hello Halfy, I think I can safely say we've heard Thandypants speak ! The little I heard was enough for me *sigh*......*swoon*..............

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:49 pm

Norc wrote:green.

That's Quickbeam's hairdo I think, grey-green anyway.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:59 pm

Hi Elthir.
Surely Quickbeam was a silver fox?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:36 pm

Elthir wrote:
Where did he do that?

I would like to read it... then set myself on fire.

But don't worry, it will be while I am changed into a bubble in beer, and I'll only be nicely warmed.
I'd call it trolling to be honest. Jackson dedicated a segment of one of the production blogs to detailing Radagst's poo hair. Keep in mind this blog was well after the fan backlash.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:13 pm

Recoveryanonymous wrote: I'd call it trolling to be honest. Jackson dedicated a segment of one of the production blogs to detailing Radagst's poo hair. Keep in mind this blog was well after the fan backlash.
Interesting, I haven't read these [nor seen the first Hobbit film yet, actually]. So you think Jackson just did this blog segment to get a reaction [trolling], or maybe to show that any fan backlash wasn't going to upset him?
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:37 pm

'nor seen the first Hobbit film yet, actually' Elthir

probably wise, it was rubbish.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:04 pm

Watch the purist edit Elthir- its actually not too bad in a lot of places.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:44 pm

I have a feeling Beorn is going to end up like Arwen at Helms Deep. I just watched the EE appendices and apparently the coven got wind of negative fan reactions and decided to take it in another direction. Hopefully, that's what they're doing again; taunting the audience with leaked info to see what they really think. It's a positive outlook, I know, but I'm trying to find a silver lining in all this!!! I HAVE TO!!!

And about DOS, I think (hope) that it will be better automatically, because so much more is happening plot wise, so he won't need to scrape up every last piece of the appendices and blow it up! Hell, there will be hot elves, what am I saying? That'll do. And Bilbo and Smaug's conversation can't be too bad, right?

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 28 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:07 am

I assume the remaining two films will be in 3D?
I ask because I was reading this on the BBC news page about the UK weekend box office.
Seems the Disney cartoon Planes was showing in 3D and 2D.
According to the BBC- 'The vast majority of cinemagoers opted to see Disney's Cars-inspired spin-off in a non-3D format. 2D screenings accounted for almost 80% of the film's takings - £1.37m in all - between Friday and Sunday.'

They also note- 'Of all the top five films, it was the most popular in terms of screen averages, earning £3,470 from each of its 401 locations. That compared with just £930 for each of the 393 locations showing Planes in 3D.'

Now assuming when these figures are scaled up this isn't just a UK pattern but a more global one there is a hell of a difference in cost versus profit on 3D that would make an accountant wince.
And Hollywod is pretty ruthless in following the money and cutting anything which is proving more costly.

So is the 3D fad over yet again for another 20 years?
And will TH films suffer even more than expected because of being in 3D?
Or will PJ save the format!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:03 am

Nearly all 3D movies are also shown in 2D, but in the US at least there are usually more 3D showings so sometimes on opening weekend you're forced to see 3D unless you pre-order or wait until it's less crowded. The percentage of grosses that come from 3D showings went down pretty significantly after the big Avatar-inspired 3D boom in 2010, but I believe they've held steady since then. A breakdown like Planes is pretty unusual. Most directors and studios seem happy to shoot films in 2D and then convert them to 3D later, which is generally agreed to be a terrible process that looks like ass, but it's cheaper than shooting in 3D and thus keeps the profit margins lower. I don't think 3D is necessarily going anywhere unless percentages like Planes become the norm, but it's pretty clearly not setting the world on fire like sound or color did (despite what some people tried to argue back when Avatar came out).

As for The Hobbit, though, it was shot in 3D and 48 fps, so films two and three will of course be available in those formats. They'll also be available in 2D and 24 fps, but it will be somewhat unusual in that it's those 2D 24 fps showings that were "converted" from the original version of the film that PJ intended for people to see.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:57 pm

Given the films are in the can, more or less, I doubt they will switch now, or could if they wanted to.
But I do wonder if by the time the final part comes out the viewing public will already be viewing 3D as yesterdays failed fad.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next