Sinister71
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
Norc
29 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 13 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS]

Post by Norc Sun May 26, 2013 11:56 pm

that's like the same freaking mountains...lol. it's middle earth

btw.. that looks entertaining.

though.. noone says hiyah that much to their horse
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 13 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS]

Post by Mrs Figg Mon May 27, 2013 12:06 am

I like it. Embarassed I dont mind a bit of cheese now and again, its good fun.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon May 27, 2013 12:09 am

what was it called again?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon May 27, 2013 12:11 am

Legend of the Seeker
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am

it is noted.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon May 27, 2013 12:27 am

Thumbs Up

it was adapted from a Terry Goodkind novel.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon May 27, 2013 12:30 am

I dont mind a bit of cheese now and again, its good fun.- Mrs Figg

Lucky Im only drunk and not really drunk otherwise theres a joke there somewhere!

I dont mind that sort of thing if it knows thats what it is- like Xena which revelled in its own ridiculousness - this looks like they are trying to take it seriously.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon May 27, 2013 6:31 pm

well its a bit of good looking cheesy fun. the production values are quite high too.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon May 27, 2013 6:33 pm

''Lucky Im only drunk and not really drunk otherwise theres a joke there somewhere! Petty

cant think where Rolling Eyes
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue May 28, 2013 5:51 pm

erm.

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 13 F20BEORN201_zpsc646ccda
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue May 28, 2013 6:35 pm

WTF is THAT ?! Matches the rest of the film I guess... Outrageous toy....outrageous film . Was it molded from an old "He-Man" toy ? Im sure my son had one Suspect

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 13 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 13 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue May 28, 2013 9:27 pm

its the lunchbox that does it. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue May 28, 2013 10:33 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I had to google that -never heard of it- after watching some of it on youtube I am quite glad Ive never heard of it, and crabbit now I know it exists. Thanks Mrs Figg! Mad

[edit: in reference to legend of the seeker]

Every now and then I come across it and watch a bit. Cheesy, sometimes entertaining, I just think the women's dresses are way too long. Mad Whatever happened to the costume dude from the original Star Trek that made you watch with bated breath to see when the whole diaphanous thing would come crashing down around her ankles? They actually had to waste film as the costumes did indeed just that and had to be reattached. Made for some wooden acting as they thrust various parts out here and there just to hold things up...what was I talking about? scratch

Oh yeah, Tauriel. I actually like strong women, but it has to be done in a nonchalant "but of course" way. Alien was originally written for a man, then they said "how about...?" I like how they carried that over to the female marines later. Tomb Raider is fine with me because it's the main character, not shoved in there. It just shouldn't be too obvious a ploy. And all the bad-ass women in Buffy the Vampire Slayer...mmmm. Josh Whedon writes bad-ass women like nobody else.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue May 28, 2013 10:51 pm

I miss Buffy. Crying or Very sad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue May 28, 2013 11:04 pm

that beorn thing is fan made.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue May 28, 2013 11:07 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:I miss Buffy. Crying or Very sad

I do too. And I wish I had caught Firefly when originally airing, I just had no clue. That was one show that never deserved to get cancelled, unbelievably good.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Tue May 28, 2013 11:41 pm

BUFFY JUST LITERALLY THREW ANGEL OUT THE WINDOW I AM LAUGHING SO HARD YOU DO NOT EVEN KNOW

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 29, 2013 1:30 am

halfwise wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:I miss Buffy. Crying or Very sad

I do too. And I wish I had caught Firefly when originally airing, I just had no clue. That was one show that never deserved to get cancelled, unbelievably good.

the best Buffy episode was the singing one. Willows girlfriend had the best voice, although Spike rocked it too. Metal
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed May 29, 2013 2:24 am

http://news.mymiddleearth.com/2013/05/28/hobbit-news-from-the-dwarves/

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu May 30, 2013 4:13 am

Viggo Mortensen on Turning Down ‘#Hobbit’ Role,

While promoting his most recent film, Everybody Has a Plan, actor Viggo Mortensen spoke a little about his decision not to reprise the role of Aragorn for Peter Jackson’s Hobbit films.

“Before they started shooting, back in 2008, one of the producers did ask if I would be interested,” he told The Guardian. “I said, ‘You do know, don’t you, that Aragorn isn’t in The Hobbit? That there is a 60-year gap between the books?”

Although he chose not to reprise the role, Mortensen did say that he was “interested in seeing that world again, and seeing what Peter Jackson’s done, how he’s made use of the improvements in special effects and cameras and the different way of shooting, which will probably enhance the visual aspect of the experience, the sound also.”

“And I’m interested in seeing how he’s managed to make three movies out of a relatively slim volume… Jackson is a clever person – I’m sure he’ll have done something really interesting with it.”

In addition to this revelation, Mortensen also spoke of his future plans, which include writing the script for – and hopefully directing – a film adaptation of Mari Sandoz’s The Horse Catcher, a story of a Native American boy who must kill in order to be accepted as a Cheyenne man.

“It’s a universal story – it speaks about peer pressure to be violent,” Mortensen said. “You could transpose it to an inner city and have instead the pressure to take drugs.”

One thing is certain: Mortensen is not one to take the easy route. He prefers “different” and challenging scripts.

“If I think it’s an interesting story, but I don’t think I can do it – then that’s probably a good sign.”

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu May 30, 2013 4:28 am

Thank goodness. Respect, Viggo! Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 30, 2013 6:28 am

viggo is the best ^^
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rigby Thu May 30, 2013 8:58 am

I've been unusually incredibly attracted to Viggo Mortenson/ Aragorn lately aka officially been spending too much time by myself... #butreallyviggopleasechangeyourmind
Rigby
Rigby
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu May 30, 2013 4:55 pm

TORn claims that Viggo might be in The Hobbit anyway, but I'm not sure I agree with their interpretation of his statements. At any rate, there's been no indication that parts two or three of The Hobbit will include any times or locations where it would make sense for Aragorn to appear.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2013/05/30/72294-viggo-turned-down-role-as-aragorn-not-so-fast/
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 30, 2013 5:14 pm

where it would make sense for Aragorn to appear.- Eldo

You think how much sense it makes effects their decisions! Shocked

(It would put Viggo down a bit in my estimations as an artist if he agreed however)

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next