Sinister71
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
Norc
29 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 12 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS]

Post by Norc Tue May 21, 2013 6:17 pm

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/hardest-parts-about-living-in-new-zealand
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 12 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS]

Post by Eldorion Tue May 21, 2013 6:49 pm

I'm actually a bit surprised that they're not planning on further pick-up shooting next year in between DOS and TABA. This sounds like a bit more intensive of a shoot than the LOTR pick-ups though, so maybe it was only necessary because of the three film expansion. Shrugging

I'm definitely looking forward to the new vlog too. Very Happy And I hope we'll see a trailer soon, but I wonder if that will have to wait until Comic-Con.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue May 21, 2013 6:57 pm

I wonder if they are taking on board critisisms and are re-shooting the Whole of DOS.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Laivine Tue May 21, 2013 8:38 pm

I really enjoyed The Hobbit so I can't wait to see The Desolation of Smaug! Does anyone know how long the re-shoots are going to last?

Laivine

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue May 21, 2013 9:53 pm

one can never know, it's PJ, can take two weeks or three years Smile i liked the hobbit too ^^ (though you might find your faith being tested here, there are some strong opinions and some good arguments Very Happy, but don't worry, they're nice.. just a bit... crabbit about PJ(mainly one named Pettytyrant, don't mind him))

welcome to the forum Laivine ^^
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Laivine Tue May 21, 2013 10:07 pm

Hi Norc, nice to meet you! Very Happy Touche about Peter Jackson. Laughing I hope that the pick-up shoots don't interfere with Martin and Benedict's schedule for filming Sherlock!

Laivine

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue May 21, 2013 10:24 pm

me neither, but their filming right now, probably at the end of ep 2, then they'll have a break and get back to the last episode ^^

you should take a look on the sherlock thread in the arts and entertainment section Smile i am very proud of it ^^

nice to meet you too btw ^^
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue May 21, 2013 10:27 pm

one tiny mention of smaug here Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sun May 26, 2013 12:17 am

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/evangeline-lilly-on-playing-a-grittier-type-of-elf-in-the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun May 26, 2013 1:44 pm

Oh dear, I got that icky feeling this "Tauriel" is SO gonna detract from BIlbo ! This story is spiraling downwards into its own web of ..............................f**k, whats the word !?.....................................madness ? lunacy ? Alice in bloody wonderland ! Its more like a panto NOW, gawd knows whats to attack our senses with next ! Shocked Im not a happy bunny Evil or Very Mad

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 12 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 12 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun May 26, 2013 2:22 pm

yes I agree, who wants a gritty elf anyway? I dont. I want my lady Elves to be ethereal and floaty and the male Elves to be a bit haughty and floaty. Mad
I bet she is an annoying flying bundle of Eragon-elf attitude.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun May 26, 2013 3:44 pm

Yup sounds bloody awful- some terrible Boyens notion of feminism likely to send womenkind back at least a decade- women are completely hopeless and pointless unless they act exactly like men and can do all the physical stuff a man can do. Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun May 26, 2013 4:31 pm

*cough Red Sonja cough*
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun May 26, 2013 4:46 pm

Yeah that was shit too.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun May 26, 2013 6:08 pm

but that was the 80s so its ok in a vintage tackfest kind of way.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun May 26, 2013 8:24 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Yup sounds bloody awful- some terrible Boyens notion of feminism likely to send womenkind back at least a decade- women are completely hopeless and pointless unless they act exactly like men and can do all the physical stuff a man can do. Mad

i agree, this new Kick-ass woman is stupid. a strong female character has brains (it says here she's young, only 300 or something, lol, as if that makes any different, Legolas was also young when he joined the fellowship and though he was a good archman and warrior, not likely to have seen much outside mirkwood), if she can fight, good, but that can't be the only reason why she's strong. Physical strenght and being strong doesn't have to be the same fucking thing. that it is a woman who wrote Tauriel in it it's just daft. (also, it's such a bad name, Itaril was so much cuter, why didn't saorise ronan join in the cast? why did she do host? i mean wtf, although Hanna isn't the movie it promised to be, Saorise is wonderful in it! she could he such a great elf! and not evangelin lily)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun May 26, 2013 8:29 pm

but that was the 80s so its ok in a vintage tackfest kind of way.- Mrs Figg

Nah, it was still terrible with some of the worst acting committed to screen. Even blocks of wood were watchig thinking 'thats some pretty wooden acting there'.
Even the Arnie cameo as Conan (but without the name for licencing reasons! Couldnt save it from pure awfulness).

Physical strenght and being strong doesn't have to be the same fucking thing.- Norc

I couldnt agree more with that Norc. Well put.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun May 26, 2013 11:16 pm

*cough Legend of the Seeker cough*

well they are both filmed in NZ. and they both have that chap who played Haldir. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun May 26, 2013 11:29 pm

I had to google that -never heard of it- after watching some of it on youtube I am quite glad Ive never heard of it, and crabbit now I know it exists. Thanks Mrs Figg! Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun May 26, 2013 11:35 pm

theres a lot of sexy ladies in tight leather like Tauriel, and wizards, whats not to like.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun May 26, 2013 11:36 pm

post anything ? what r u talking about?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun May 26, 2013 11:37 pm

theres a lot of sexy ladies in tight leather like Tauriel, and wizards, whats not to like.- Mrs Figg

Most of that sentence. Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun May 26, 2013 11:39 pm

don't u like sexy ladies? or just ladies? or sexy? or wizard? how about sex wizards? or the lot?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun May 26, 2013 11:48 pm

to be fair there is some beautiful scenery and sexy ladies and wizards Nod and sexy guys too. Embarassed

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun May 26, 2013 11:54 pm

It all looks so cheesy.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next