Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
halfwise
David H
CC12 35
20 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [3] - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [3]

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:31 pm

Laughing yeah that about sums it up
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [3] - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [3]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:54 pm

I dont think there is much to fear from N Korea's nuclear arms except perhaps a humanitarian catastrophe when they blew up in the depot- however conventional force is a lot more worrying, N Korea has aot of them ad vey well disiplined and drilled- and there is a serious possibilty for escalation involving countries with real weaponry that actualy might work.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:09 pm

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [3] - Page 9 Funny_pictures_technology

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:11 pm

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [3] - Page 9 Cf8191e78f8ae04f7a511576e3675839_width_640x

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:52 pm

Laughing

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [3] - Page 9 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [3] - Page 9 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:25 am

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [3] - Page 9 483663_571686789531006_353875163_n

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:54 am

:carrot: :carrot:
:carrot: Suspect
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:31 am

:carrot:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:56 pm

The Destoyer of Communities. The Black Queen of Downing Street. The Scourge of the Working Class, Margaret Thatcher is dead!! Shocked cheers :carrot: Cheerleader

(Are they sure? I mean has someone has at least jabbed the corpse too make sure? you cant trust her, she might come back!)

If they need any help burying the remains I volunteeer.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:08 pm

At least she had personality.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:21 pm

Oh I admire her her achievments as a woman making it to the very top in a male professonal. I admire her for her strength and tenacity.

But she also tore the country apart. She made war on the poor, she victimised those who were already lifes victims.
She laid waste to communities that had built up over hundreds of years in some cases, and she tore them down and left them nothing- she replaced a sense of purpose, a sense of belonging, a sense of personal history and a sense of duty to your community with tearing families apart, and a workless, aimless void filled with every cheaper drink and drugs, she offered the poor nothing but life on the sick and she did not want them doing anything else, shut up, drink till you die cause there is nothing else for you.
Thats Thatchers Legacy to all the people of Britain outside the south of England.

I can admire her drive and what she achieved within her field- but Id still piss on her grave. She cant be dead enough for me.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:39 pm

similar feelings apart from the pissing bit. She had balls of steel and I can appreciate that, but she was evil to the poor the old and the defenceless. Times a funny thing but I still have this image of an old and frail man going to get his pension, gently shaking his head and telling the tv reporter he didnt know how he was not going to starve and freeze that Winter. Its etched on my brain, it broke my heart. I hated her for what she did to him. The day that Blair got in was one of supreme joy, I remember shouting down the Street, the Witch is dead! the Witch is dead! I have never shouted in public before or since but that day was special.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:51 pm

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [3] - Page 9 563731_361973883913211_555759754_n

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:53 pm

lol! Perfect!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:55 pm

Contains bad language

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:26 pm

I woke up this morning to the sounds of celebration drifting across the Atlantic from Scotland and Northern England. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:02 pm

I agree with all the sentiments above ! She was a cold hearted BITCH ! I would have LOVED to slap her bandy, but never got the chance ! If the devil had a child, Maggie Thatcher was it ! I think one should stuff a very sharp stake thru her heart (?) slice off her head & burn the remains ! I bet both God & the Devil are fighting one another as to who ISNT gonna get her !

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [3] - Page 9 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:24 pm

Her State Funeral might turn out to be interesting- I can see it being the first State Funeral ina few hundred years with the potential for rioting.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:25 pm

The funeral should be carried out by the lowest bidder.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:26 pm

And I think we should demand to see the body and have tests done in public to make sure it is her and she is actually dead, then a stake through the heart and bury her under a crossroads just to be safe.

We will dig her all the way down to hell Eldo and hand her over personaly, as Frankie Boyle said.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:27 pm

that dimaond money she made from south africas apartheid regime can pay 4 it

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:56 pm

Though to balance things out social safety nets should be enough to keep you going but not too comfortable. The abuses in America are unfortunately prevalent, up to the point of parents telling their kids not to study so they can continue to get mental disability support. Once the system gets put in place it's hard to change. You need a few Thatchers and Reagans to break things up so they can be reassembled in a better pattern. But it's rough going until you can get the person who broke things up out of office and then put the pieces back together. Politics just ain't meant for finding the best solution.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:17 pm

When do we get the better pattern?

She literally destroyed whole communities, stripped them of all the work and dumped millions onto the unempoyed benefits, then she encouraged through the system those on unemployemnt to apply for the more generous sickness benefits- a note from the doc sayng you had a bad back would do it-then you got enough to live on, not good, yo had to watch the pennies, but it was doable with enoug left over for sky tv and a few pints at the weekend.
She focused on London, on turning it into the service capital ad financial captal of the world, or at least mainitng its european standing as such.
She prviatised a ton of industries. Some seemed sensible, opening the communicaions market up to competition, and tv that sort of thing, but then she did it with everything she coud. She sold everything the country woned and poured the money into the south east, and she taxed those left in work in the lower classes to the hilt- the infamous Poll Tax being her final downfall.

Scotland got saved a small amount of it thanks to different laws in some areas (not the poll tax though or most of the rest of it- shes the reason there are barely any shipyards left on the famous ship building river clyde).
And she funded the regeneratin of London using oil money.

But the worst she did was to make not just one whole genration of working class unemployed but the legacy of it, of the lack of any industry, any work at all, any purpose, and sense of achievement or chance of advancement , she made generations grew up in families in which no one had ever worked, and where everyone they knew lived the same way, on benefits. And life revolved around benefits.

Todays problems in the UK welfare system are Tory created problems- and now Cameron is doing it again.
The current rhetoric is designed to make the low payed working class resent and be spiteful of the unemployed working class- enocuraged to thnk of them as scroungers as the reason they are not getting better wages and why the countrys is in such debt.
And in dividing the poor this way they hide their own crimes, and the bankers crimes and those who are really responsible and who have not only not suffered a jot, but contnue to proft from it.
Thats Thatchers legacy to the UK Halfwise.
For all her strengths and abilities she basically used her powers for evil.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:41 pm

I am not defending the indefencible but i am not sure those heavy industires would have survived anyway. Some were probably making losses. I think the 70s were a shambles for the UK, the Unions were so strong that I remember months of power cuts and months of strikes. She broke some of the power o the Unions maybe some of that was needed. some industries needed weeding out and competition needed to be put in place. She went too far, way too far, I remember the polltax riots and the unfairness of it. ironically the 80s were for many people times of great prosperity. The poor were the forgotten ones and with Thatcherism came yuppies and dog eat dog, that was something new, it killed the old fashioned wartime spirit of 'we are all in this together' and promoted selfish and feckless behaviour. its a hard legacy.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:49 pm

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next