.. Rolling Eyes tihi...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Nora's Birthday Surprise - Page 6 Empty Re: Nora's Birthday Surprise

Post by azriel Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:16 pm

A man's car broke down in the middle of the Nullarbor plain (in other words: middle of nowhere). There was not another car in sight, so he started walking...
Three hours later no cars had passed and he was getting very, very thirsty. Just then a man riding a kangaroo bounced up.
"Want to buy a tie?" he asked.
"No! Water - quick, help, water."
"Sorry, I've only got ties." and the man and roo bounded off.
Hours later, the stranded man was still staggering along - desperate now for a drink. Another man (and another kangaroo) bounded up to him.
"Water, help I need water." gasped the stranded man.
"Oh, wouldn't you like to buy a tie?" said the mounted man.
"No! Water - quick, help water!"
"Sorry mate, I can do you with a nice polka dot or a paisley or even a hand painted lady - but can't help with water." and off he went.
The man was crawling now, inch by inch he clambered over the baked desert soil. Then he noticed a shimmering in the distance. It looked like a big building. He crawled slowly towards it even though he was sure it was a mirage. But the building became more and more solid looking. Could it be? Yes, it was a giant R.S.L. club there in the middle of nowhere. The man spent his last effort and crawled desperately to the door where he gasped to the doorman, "Let me in, I need water!"
Sorry mate," said the doorman, "I can't let you in without a tie."

Nora's Birthday Surprise - Page 6 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Nora's Birthday Surprise - Page 6 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:56 pm

That'll teach him! Nod

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:02 pm

i was imagening snow so I was like wooot kangaroo????
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:01 pm

Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue May 21, 2013 1:04 pm

http://www.funswitcher.com/#mo7xf
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue May 21, 2013 1:05 pm

Laughing

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue May 21, 2013 3:08 pm

Great fun Norc !! I havnt stopped playing with it !

Nora's Birthday Surprise - Page 6 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Nora's Birthday Surprise - Page 6 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue May 21, 2013 5:16 pm

azriel wrote:Great fun Norc !! I havnt stopped playing with it !

Laughing

{{{ just wait to orwell sees this...}}}
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:53 pm

So here is the chapter I wrote, or I guess on livejournal they would call it a coda, to the birthday fic. It might not be quite what you're used to from the Fanfiction bits.

(Might be worth mentioning that I felt the whole prison stay was ignored a bit when the stories started again.)

Here's the PM I sent to Eldo:
-------------

For no particular reason really, mostly lack of sleep I imagine, here's what I think happened between part 1 and 2 of "Nora's Birthday Surprise".

Now you'd better post something Needlehole related soon so Nora and me can fangirl all over it, then go pick out a piece and make more weird fan fiction. :Nod:

-----------------------------------

- It’s ok, Eldo. Breathe. Take deep breaths. I’m here. You’re safe.

The deep, calm voice slowly broke through the panic attack. Eldo found himself wrapped in Ringo’s arms, he closed his eyes and leaned back against Ringo’s chest. Damn it! Not again. Not again!

- I’m sorry, Ringo… I thought I...

Eldo could feel the vibrations in Ringo’s chest as the man spoke. It felt familiar and safe.

- Don’t feel bad. It’s a perfectly natural reaction. It’s nothing to be ashamed of, I’ve seen it happen many times. It makes you no less of a man than you were before.

Ringo’s arms shifted slightly, but didn’t let him go. Strong muscles, military man, he had been around and knew what he was talking about. Eldo knew this. It was not the first time they had this talk, but he always hoped it would be the last.

Ringo was the first to break the silence, and Eldo already knew what he was going to say.

- You have to tell her, Eldo.
- No. Not now. It’s her birthday. I don’t want to ruin her time here. You can’t tell her. Promise you won’t?

Ringo sighed, choosing his words carefully.
- She suspects something. Female intuition and detective skills combined… She will come to her own conclusions eventually. She loves you, it’s not fair to…
- Don’t tell her! Please?

Ringo gave in once again.
- You know I wouldn’t do anything to hurt you.

Eldo’s panicked heart beat had calmed down, and the trained solider and policeman released him.

- Get up in bed, Eldo. You are not sleeping on this floor, it’s not good for you.

Eldo reluctantly agreed. He knew that tone of voice and he knew that Ringo wouldn’t think twice about carrying him to bed if he argued. He had done so once before when Eldo’s sleepless roaming around the house had continued into its third night and Ringo’s pleads simply didn’t sink in. Eldo’s pride had still not quite recovered.

- No wandering hands, Detective!

Eldo chuckled.
- Wouldn’t dream of it.
- Oh you so would.

Then there was silence. Eldo stared into the darkness of the room. He knew Ringo was staring at the ceiling, refusing to fall asleep before he knew Eldo was sleeping soundly. Free of nightmares of the cold cell and the hard wooden slab that had been his bed. Isolated, mistreated and alone. Eldo had tried to fake sleep before, but Ringo was not easily fooled. It was both very infuriating and very comforting. But when a door smashing Fjordian troll hunter with a heart as big as his head takes you under his wing you can’t help but feel safe and protected.

The lockholes are designed to break you, had Ringo said.

Eldo frowned. That man knew him far too well. And he knew him well. He knew he felt quilty about leaving Eldo there. He knew Nora did too, but it was worse for Ringo, the one man army. Eldo also knew that allowing Ringo to take care of him, was to take care of Ringo. The big idiot. Mother hen.

With a fond smile Eldo let the warmth from the man at his side erase the cold chill from his bones, and he finally fell asleep.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:56 am

I can see the LiveJournal influence. Very Happy But that's really good Amarie, I love getting to see more of your writing. When I started the birthday story I set it in a parallel 'verse where The Mystery of Mister Figg ended differently and there was no prison thing because I didn't want it to overlap with The Treason of Forumshire. I also felt (and still kinda feel) like the Needlehole setting was getting too big and had too much continuity to keep track of for me to really explore side-stories, so I decided to just put "canon" on the back burner and play around with the characters. But even in Treason I really downplayed the prison elements, in part because I sort of regretted including it in the first place, so it's really nice to see your take on that. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Nora's Birthday Surprise - Page 6 Empty norc

Post by leelee Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:05 am

Orwell wrote:
Eldorion wrote:It means a lot knowing that you guys are here for me. :)I really appreciate all the encouragement and suggestions as well.  Thank you all so much.
There are seasons and times and such like, Eldo. While the rest of the Forumshirans are there for you in the difficult times, I assure you I will always be there for you in the good times. The better it is, the more I'll be there for you - hopefully, sharing fully in all the goodness. I believe in balance, you see. I mean, some people put down fair weather friends, but if you had no fair weather friends, then who would help you enjoy fair weather? I'll tell you who - Me! Nod 
I believe every word he says. He is a lot sweeter than he likes to present to the world. A lot.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:35 am

It is a sort of in-between piece that doesn't really belong in either universes, one thought from Treason and one from Birthday. It was just an idea that wanted to be written.
And yes it is very livejournal-y, but at least it was the type of fic I was trying to make rather than trying/failing to be epic and deep. Wink Glad you like it though. Smile 

You have made a big universe, then you added ever more characters and an upcoming epic battle (or an epic diplomatic solution, who knows?) so I can really relate to you feeling a liiiittle bit overwhelmed.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:56 am

aw, that was adorable !! Very Happy this neeeeeeeds fanart Nod
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:57 am

I agree!!

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6