Ringdrotten
Kafria
Pettytyrant101
29 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 20 Empty Re: Petty's Purist LotR Edits

Post by Orwell Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:52 am

Orwell wrote:I've had this idea about doing a fantasy that is really realistic - almost like real history in an unadorned doco. Much more thought required}}}}}

I might read a couple of bio's on young heroines, Orwell. The "White Mouse" might be a good book to read too. You know, the one about that Australian woman in Vichy France killing Germans.

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:53 am

Orwell wrote:I might read a couple of bio's on young heroines, Orwell. The "White Mouse" might be a good book to read too. You know, the one about that Australian woman in Vichy France killing Germans.

Great thinking, Orwell. You know, you rarely let me down. Very Happy

Last edited by Orwell on Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:54 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{You can only do so much}}} -Orwell

{{{especially when your supposed to be watching a film!}}}}

{{{{I said I'd get back to it! Sheez!}}}}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:54 am

Damn scan read that- thought it was a book about a mouse killing Nazi's - now that I'd read. Very Happy

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:55 am

Now that the Black Riders are chasing Frodo and the rest in earnest, I'm seeing how some of the earlier cuts have paid off. When Merry(?) says "What was that?" I almost agree with him, though I know perfectly well what those things are. Laughing
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:56 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Damn scan read that- thought it was a book about a mouse killing Nazi's - now that I'd read. Very Happy

Wow! You're right! That's three ideas! I better put a hold on that thought --- too much on the plate already (though, if only I didn't have that committment to a certain Megaedit, I might be ble to squeeze in one more story....)

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:57 am

Baingil wrote:Now that the Black Riders are chasing Frodo and the rest in earnest, I'm seeing how some of the earlier cuts have paid off. When Merry(?) says "What was that?" I almost agree with him, though I know perfectly well what those things are. Laughing

And you shouldn't, not then...! Damn you, PJ! Mad

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:59 am

I never did like the way PJ introduced the Black Riders- one of my favourite bits o f the book - especially first time is the mystery surrounding them, makes them scarier. Wish theyd kept in the bit where they hear them calling to one other in the woods- still sends a chill down my spine when I read that bit.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:03 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I never did like the way PJ introduced the Black Riders- one of my favourite bits o f the book - especially first time is the mystery surrounding them, makes them scarier. Wish theyd kept in the bit where they hear them calling to one other in the woods- still sends a chill down my spine when I read that bit.

Exactamundo, me little Scotshobbity friend! Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:05 am

This is why we should have done the script!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:08 am

Excellent job cutting the scene in the Prancing Pony - I know I'm probably paying too much attention to the technical side but it interests me. Although I wonder if someone who hadn't watched the movie before and who just watched the megaedit would be able to figure out how Frodo got the ring on his finger.
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:17 am

Slipped on as he fell- same as in the book. Very Happy

Its not quite ideal, but I couldn't stand the ludicrous way PJ has it happen.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:19 am

Right, I meant to say and who hadn't read the book.

Still - excellent so far, even despite the music cutting up every so often.
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:21 am

Sound is my biggest enemy- sadly without access to the original individulal tracks theres a limited amount I can do- far as I know once its all been mixed down into a singe track there is no way to seperate voice, effects and music back out- i wish there was would solve at least 80% of the cut problems.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:24 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Sound is my biggest enemy- sadly without access to the original individulal tracks theres a limited amount I can do- far as I know once its all been mixed down into a singe track there is no way to seperate voice, effects and music back out- i wish there was would solve at least 80% of the cut problems.

Perhaps you might concntrate your mind and skills on a certain song you're working on. That would be good training! Very Happy (Not meaning any particular song you already have btw. No. Not at all).

{{{Did you get my email?}}}}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:27 am

A certain song is having some animation rendered out for it in the backgroud whilst I do this- as its eating up a good deal of my pc resources to accomplish this browsing is all about else I can do right now. I have not forgotten- the picnic afterall approaches.

{{Um no, but I have now you alerted me to it- popping over there to have a read now}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:29 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:A certain song is having some animation rendered out for it in the backgroud whilst I do this- as its eating up a good deal of my pc resources to accomplish this browsing is all about else I can do right now. I have not forgotten- the picnic afterall approaches.

{{Um no, but I have now you alerted me to it- popping over there to have a read now}}}

As Monty Burns would say, "Excelent." On both accounts! Very Happy

{{{{I'm off back to the Megaedit for a time --- girding loins once more...}}}}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:40 am

Finished with the first hour, that's enough for one evening. So far so good, though! And I do wish they offered separate tracks for sound effect, music and etc., but that can't be helped and it's great what you've done with it.
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:53 am

Thanks Baingil. One of the nice thngs about the megaedit is because it fits the books structure I find it much easier to stop and return to, like reading the book. And as its all one huge film you dont tend to feel obliged to sit through the whole thing if you dont want to.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:14 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Thanks Baingil. One of the nice thngs about the megaedit is because it fits the books structure I find it much easier to stop and return to, like reading the book. And as its all one huge film you dont tend to feel obliged to sit through the whole thing if you dont want to.

5.52 hours in --- and like it - or at least what you've done. You've pretty well cut out everything I thought wrong - though it does make it very "choppy" if you know what I mean. I sat in hope when Frodo called Golum "Smeagol" that we would jump to a certain scene - and we did! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy And when Smeagol finished with Deagol, we jumped back to the Marshes - and no horrid ghastly Smeagol-turning-to-Gollum scene! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy You even managed to resurrect the character of Faramir - at least as much it could be considering the constraints. Sad And Sam pissing off on Frodo is gone. cheers Some of the cutting has been severe - but I guess you had to. (PJ your Bastard!!!!) Mad

I will have another peek tomorrow. My brain is too weak for PJ anymore today. I need a bit of relief. {{{{Just now, a certain dainty person is filling my mind. That's more pleasing just now. Very Happy )

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:46 am

Im rather proud of the transition scene from the marshes to the flashback I have to admit! Glad you liked that bit. Very Happy
I have tried as much as poss to reduce chopiness- theres a lot of stuff its impossible to mask entirely but there are also a load of much smaller cuts that many people (especially those who have never seen PJ's) dont notice atall. I wish I could get them all smooth but until I successfully steal all the masters this is as good as it gets.

How did you find the red filter?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:20 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Im rather proud of the transition scene from the marshes to the flashback I have to admit! Glad you liked that bit. Very Happy
I have tried as much as poss to reduce chopiness- theres a lot of stuff its impossible to mask entirely but there are also a load of much smaller cuts that many people (especially those who have never seen PJ's) dont notice atall. I wish I could get them all smooth but until I successfully steal all the masters this is as good as it gets.

How did you find the red filter?
Some of the Cirith Ungol stuff is so dark I can't make out things. I get the point, but a touch lighter lighting might be effective. For me too dark actually removes a bit of the tension at times. A better glimpse of the orcs marching out and Shelob may be neded to make them a bit more menacing. The dark lighting lightens the mood somehow, if you know what I mean. But for all that, very good, my friend. The reddish lighting before they get really close to Cirith Ungol is very effective.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:32 am

Maybe your tv is set too dark? The Cirith Ungol stuff and Shelobs Lair are darker but not by a huge amount- you certainly shouldn't have problems making out what is going on.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:28 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Maybe your tv is set too dark? The Cirith Ungol stuff and Shelobs Lair are darker but not by a huge amount- you certainly shouldn't have problems making out what is going on.

It crossed my mind it might be my computer. I'll have a play next time I have a look. Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:56 am

I've thought of a way to check your picture settings Orwell- admittedly probably to late to help but still- go to the scene where Sam fights Shelob. When he has the palantir in his hand that is unfiltered original brightness levels, when its knocked out his hand the filter comes back on- that should be darker and more red. Using those two bits you should be able to get a balance where you can see whats going on.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next