Norc
Mrs Figg
Eldorion
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
21 posters

Page 18 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

Questions for the Lore Masters. - Page 18 Empty Re: Questions for the Lore Masters.

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:45 pm

thanks guys. I love you don't really know how to deal with the pain right now. I am trying diversion techniques. She got the viral disease Parvo or Feline Distemper and died in 3 days, I hope you have got all your cats vaccinated, that was my mistake I thought she was immune because the others caught it years ago and she was ok, but by all accounts this bastard virus stays in the soil for years.

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Questions for the Lore Masters. - Page 18 Empty Re: Questions for the Lore Masters.

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:48 pm

{{I wish I had some cure to offer Figg, but there ain't one for that sort of pain. Focus if you can on al the good things about her life, and what a good life she had with you. You can do no more for another living thing than to care for it and about it. Be proud and happy at your part in making her life a good one. }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:54 pm

Questions for the Lore Masters. - Page 18 Troeste_zps98aa2aaf

I kept dreaming of our cat Blackie, I would hear her calling from utside  - as she did the last time we saw her - and I would get out of bed to check but she wasn't ever there.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:04 pm

Pixie's a lovely kitty, Figg. I hope her memory will be able to bring you joy in the long run. :hug:
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:54 pm

Very sorry to hear of your loss Figgs, she certainly looked like a lovely cat Sad

Try to remember the good memories and don't dwell on the pain of the present.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:01 am

trouble is remembering the good memories makes it worse. maybe one day I can remember her without this nightmarish empty feeling, anyway.. Thanks for all your support you guys it means a lot. I love you
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:52 am

Sad

I'm sorry to hear that Mrs Figg. I sympathize. I lost mine almost two years ago. So far I'm not ready for another housecat yet.

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:35 pm

She's beautiful Figgy. I dont know what to say so I wont say anything Sad I know that pain & its awful Sad

Questions for the Lore Masters. - Page 18 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Questions for the Lore Masters. - Page 18 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:45 pm

Sorry to hear about your cat Mrs Figg. I lost one of mine last year... tough to say goodbye to such friends.

Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:20 pm

its comforting but its also very sad and miserable feeling that you guys know how it feels. I cant go through this again that's for sure. Once this lot I have now have gone to play with the Elves its No more pussies for me. Sad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:34 pm

SHE'S ALIVE!!!!!! cheers sunny cat :carrot:

I really thought I was hallucinating and I had conjured up a ghost when I saw her sitting in a garden, the little bugger survived by some miracle! she is still ill and weird and tomorrow I need to catch her and take her to the vet. But I was 100% sure she was dead the last time I saw her she looked on her last legs and on deaths door. she really does have 9 lives. its a miracle pure and simple.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:02 pm

I'm so glad to hear that she came back, Mrs Figg! Best of luck with her and I hope she gets better from her illness.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:44 pm

thanks Eldo. I just couldn't believe it, that cat was definitely dying, but now she isn't. its weird. she put me through hell this last few days. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:51 pm

cheers Yay ! Com'on kitty !! She deserves to get well after this ! I love you

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:54 pm

Fingers crossed that there will be good news from the vet tomorrow. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:08 pm

yeah I am worried I wont be able to catch her to put her in the cat carrier. she is traumatised and acting weird, and runs away from me. its probably the aftermath of whatever illness she had or has. anyway the important thing is she is alive still so there is hope.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:21 pm

{{{Glad you hadnt buried her Figg!!! Shocked

Did she have a favourite sleeping place, somewhere you can leave her access to and hope she finds her own way back to old comforts?}}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:44 am

Eldorion wrote:I'm so sorry for your loss, Mrs Figg. Sad

Below is what the word "pixie" looks like written out phonetically using the Tengwar, or Elvish alphabet. Well, technically it's "piksi" since there are slightly different rules for the Tengwar than the Roman alphabet, as Amarië mentioned. I used a different tool than the one Amarië posted that doesn't have drop-shadows but it gives nearly the same result.*

Questions for the Lore Masters. - Page 18 SzVWFxz

Once again, I'm no expert, but I double-checked against LOTR Appendix E and I believe this is correct. This is the tool I used:

http://www.jenshansen.com/pages/online-english-to-elvish-engraving-translator

*using the link Amarië posted, which is also good, will show something different if you type "pixi" instead of "piksi"; the one I posted shows the same for both. I went with my gut but you can play around with it if you like, or maybe someone will correct me...

I'm maybe too late, but I used Amarie's link and got something slightly different. Take your pick, I'm sure no elves will complain.

Questions for the Lore Masters. - Page 18 Pixie10

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:48 am

SHE'S ALIVE??

Nice. I was reading through the last page to catch up on the holidays when I posted. The fact that you can't catch the little dingbat is certainly a good sign.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:52 am

halfwise wrote:I'm maybe too late, but I used Amarie's link and got something slightly different.  Take your pick, I'm sure no elves will complain.

Well, it's the same letters and everything, just in a different font. If you click on the options button on that page and change the font to "Annatar Italic" it'll look very similar to what I posted, with the exception of the additional vowel mark at the end, for the letter "e", which I left out of the version I posted since I was trying to do it more phonetically.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:03 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{Glad you hadnt buried her Figg!!! Shocked

Did she have a favourite sleeping place, somewhere you can leave her access to and hope she finds her own way back to old comforts?}}}

yeah she has loads of them all over the mountain so its a matter of hiking round until I find her. At least she is drinking water because I saw her do it, but she refuses food which is worrying in this heat. tonight I am going to find her and take her to the vet if it takes me all night. Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:04 am

halfwise wrote:SHE'S ALIVE??

Nice.  I was reading through the last page to catch up on the holidays when I posted.  The fact that you can't catch the little dingbat is certainly a good sign.

yep she's a dingbat alright, but a strangely intelligent one. but that's cats for you. Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:06 am

Eldorion wrote:
halfwise wrote:I'm maybe too late, but I used Amarie's link and got something slightly different.  Take your pick, I'm sure no elves will complain.

Well, it's the same letters and everything, just in a different font. If you click on the options button on that page and change the font to "Annatar Italic" it'll look very similar to what I posted, with the exception of the additional vowel mark at the end, for the letter "e", which I left out of the version I posted since I was trying to do it more phonetically.

I like both those fonts and I am still getting a tattoo, in white, its the nearest colour to Mithril, because strangely they don't have Mithril ink. No

edit. I thought about a grey tattoo, but you know...... Razz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:18 am

oh Smile what shade of grey ? Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:55 pm

Eldorion wrote:

Tolkien does this too Eldo. And for example we have "history" on the title page of The Lord of the Rings -- to my ear, history is similar to the sound of the vowels in "pixie". And for a Tolkienian example of the "s-hook" (instead of two Elvish letters,) we have the letter (the other kind of "letter") to Hugh Brogan, example "explanations".

Anyway... huzzah for Mrs Figg and her cat! And yes silver-grey is nice Very Happy

And just as an alternative (with respect to the example with a single vowel at the end), I think one could drop the final carrier by putting the vowels over the preceding consonants. In my experience this isn't "usual" for writing English, but even JRRT appears to describe a "general use" in which he writes "Rivendell" employing both vowel positions (I assume as long as you don't switch in the same example it won't be confusing).

That way you get rid of the carrier (vowel not cat)... unless you like and want vowel carriers... then never mind Wink

My cat carrier emits vowels... when in use!

Last edited by Elthir on Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:43 pm; edited 4 times in total
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next