Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Howdy from Needlehole - Page 15 Empty Re: Howdy from Needlehole

Post by Admin Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:08 pm

FORUMSHIRE STATE NEWS
"What you need to know, from the people who knew it first."

LETTER TO THE EDITOR

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Dear Admin,

Whilst I am in no way associated with The Daily Purist, especially not for example sending copy to them by carrier eagle, oh no, does it seem like the ramblings of a drunken Scotshobbit willing to be payed in buckie? I don't think so. Where was I? Oh yes, I do not speak for them however I feel, as a humble citizen, that your stance on the Daily Purist is a little draconian- and will deprive me of my Hobbitlass of the Day and her must have thoughts on the big issues.

Yours Petty.

Mr. Tyrant,

Regrettably, the Admin is unable to respond to your message himself, as he is currently on an extended vacation to a tropical island with very loose money-laundering laws. However, as the sole authorized news media and mouthpiece of the State, we at State News feel qualified to reassure you that the Admin has no intention of doing away with Page 3. Regardless of the fate of "The Purist", Page 3 Hobbitlasses will always find a comfortable home in Forumshire. We at State News offer our warmest invitation for the lasses to join us, as we are the most pre-eminent respectable publication in all the land.

Yours in service,
N.M.N. Klatura, Esq.
Editor-in-Chief, Forumshire State News
10 Admin Drive, Michel Delving

UNREST IN SCOTSHOBBITON

Due to the recent announcement by this inestimable news source of the Administration's investigation into crass political rag "The Scottish Daily Purist", residents of Scotshobbiton have risen up in unfortunate and deplorable rebellion against the Administration. Apparently unwilling to face life without their daily dose of sarcastic and inaccurate reporting, the Scotshobbits have even gone so far as to - we at State News can reveal - deface the Admin's new statue. Such a blatant act of disrespect can only serve to validate the charges leveled against "The Daily Purist" and cost it support amongst the reasonable masses of Forumshire.

Howdy from Needlehole - Page 15 Scotshobbiton
Forumshire Shirriffs hold unruly protesters at bay in Dwaling, Northfarthing.

With the Admin currently out of the country, his second-in-command, the Mayor of Michel Delving, has loosened restrictions on freedom of the press in an attempt to satisfy protesters and return order to Forumshire. Bilateral talks with opposition parties are scheduled to be held at the neutral location of Bywater later this week in the hopes of resolving the crisis. State News has also learned that Mr. Odo R. Banks, Esq., whose well-publicized legal troubles helped give rise to the current protests against perceived oligarchy by the most wealthy and attractive of Forumshire, has been placed under the protection of a detachment of Shirriffs, led by Ms. Mirabella Banks. We at State News fervently hope that Mr. Banks' safety is secured, and that the Admin returns soon to put an end to all of this senseless disorder.

Long live the king
Admin
Admin
Administrator

https://www.forumshire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:22 pm

AN ADDRESS TO THE GREAT NATION OF FORUMSHIRE

My Fellow Hobbits,

It is with great sadness and difficulty that I bring myself before you today. This message is being broadcast live to all of you via Palantir from my present undisclosed location. I have been immensely busy these past few days securing a great number of funds for the secure future of my friends. Regrettably, certain activist judges and overzealous Shirriffs affiliated with the Lockholes division of our judicial system have seen fit to investigate my good friend Mr. Odo R. Banks, Esq., as well as numerous others (myself included) for actions at a certain unexpected party last week.

In pursuing this unauthorized investigation the Lockholes Division has committed an unforgivable breach or privacy against many of our most upstanding citizens. As such, I have left instruction for management of the Lockholes to be taken over by the Westfarthing Shirriff's Office, effective immediately. As I am a Westfarthing native myself, I have very close ties with the Shirriffs there, and am thus confident that they will behave in accordance with my wishes, for, uh, the betterment of all. At the same time, my deputy, the good Mayor Gandalf's Beard, should be engaging in talks with the recent rebellious factions.

I expect to be back in the country soon once arrangements for a private jet that will remain fully fueled and on the tarmac at all times have been made. I look forward to engaging in an open and respectful dialogue with all of my concerned citizens, and hope that we can come to an agreement that will be for the best for all of us. In the meantime, I beseech all Scotshobbits to refrain from any more violent and destructive demonstrations, as that will only serve to impede peaceful discussion later down the line.

May we all work to rebuild this Forumshire together, that we may share in the days of peace. Very Happy

My sincerest regards,

Eldorion
Administrator
Live from *********************************

!!End Broadcast!!
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:05 pm

Admin wrote:

Howdy from Needlehole - Page 15 Scotshobbiton

Priceless lol! lol!

Howdy from Needlehole - Page 15 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:38 am

Get your week off to a scandalous start with the Daily Purist. Git it doon yi! (sponsored by Buckie-brewed by wizards)

[img]Howdy from Needlehole - Page 15 Edfix5[/img]

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:45 pm

[img]Howdy from Needlehole - Page 15 Announcement[/img]

Pettytyrant
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:00 pm

What with the onset of the media age in Forumshire, and the new avatars for Jane and Ally (very chic), and the upraised voice of impertinient youth (Squach, are you listening! ), this place has certainly become very hip lately. Primmy and Bella and I were just talking about it while we were having a lie-in this morning. The Times they are a'changin. I do wonder what the long term effect on Disrespectability (and Unrespecability) will be. I have been fighting The Good Cause for a long time, and I only hope I'll have the energy to keep up my end of things, what with the little ones almost due, Primmy eating too much chocolate (with baked beans) and Bella insisting on still wearing mini-frocks in spite of her bowling ball, which is not always becoming, especially when cutting rushes. Neverless, I'll still do my best to keep an eye on the Moral Fibre of this Forum. (My, time proceeds quickly in Forumshire! ) .
odo banks
odo banks
Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:01 am

Ah Forumshire!!! How I do love to visit my furry footed friends every so often! In fact, Beren has insisted that I hide here while all of this "Haggis race scandal" (which I believe was because of that spiked lemonade a while back...) blows over.
(((((((For all of my lovely friends, I will be hiding in the guise of a garden gnome clown )))))))
I look forward to the time I will get to spend with all of you, and away from Beren (because now I can get into all sorts of mischeif Twisted Evil )

Howdy from Needlehole - Page 15 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:35 pm

Oh Tin, Middle Earth is not what it once was. At first there were elegant gowns, long woven hair and ethereal beauteous expressions; nowadays it's all frilly frocks - gowns that may as well be kilts - short back and sides - when not shaven - and po-faced unengaged stares - usually underwrit with lustful peurile thoughts (GB?), though it's hard to penetrate po any time by just using the naked eye! Disrespectability and unrespectability by the barrelful. I do my best, I really do, but I fear I'm losing the battle! Sad (Oh yes, never have I seen a gnome with such a beautiful nose. Dead give away - sorry. Here to help! Very Happy )
odo banks
odo banks

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:02 am

Hot of the Press!!

[img]Howdy from Needlehole - Page 15 1frontpage[/img]

[img]Howdy from Needlehole - Page 15 23spread[/img]

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:03 am

[img]Howdy from Needlehole - Page 15 45odospread2[/img]

Howdy from Needlehole - Page 15 67weirdgoss1

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:04 am

[img]Howdy from Needlehole - Page 15 89probsstars[/img]

[img]Howdy from Needlehole - Page 15 10backpage[/img]

Back a page for pag1,2,3

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:55 am

For some reason, the full image doesn't show when I'm using the iPod Mad Will make myself a proper breakfast tomorrow and read News of the Pure, can't wait Very Happy Odo's life story looks very promising lol!

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:38 am

News of the Pure wins the newspaper war. Laughing Laughing Laughing I bow to your pure genius, Petty. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:57 am

If anyone is having trouble reading the NotP (apart from reasons of it being an utter rag) you can just right-click on a page and save the image to your pc and zoom it up to what suits.

"News of the Pure wins the newspaper war"- Eldo

I for one Eldo would like to see the other papers still putting out issues- don't be swayed by gloss NotP is journalism of the worst sort- for example- I was NOT checking into the Priory in North Arnor. I happened to be passing by, a dog ran across the road in front of a brewers cart, the horses started, a barrel fell on me and I happened to wander in front of that stupid Priory sign just as their hack palantarazzi turned up- pure coincidence. They tell nothing but lies I assure you.
We need the other papers for some sort of journalistic balance around here.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:44 pm

Don't know where to start, brilliant stuff, Petty Very Happy "From her Odo got his sense of a woman's place in the world and what her limits were" - priceless Laughing
In fact, everything was priceless! Thanks for making my day, Petty lol!

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:10 pm

Great read! Very Happy No other forum I've ever visited has this kind of stuff! Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:35 pm

Well that'll teach me to go away!
so much news to catch up on. - A media storm no less! well I guess it's now time for the price cuting war, the blatant gimmicks to attract a readership, before the weaker papers are culled, leaving the rest of us forumshire folk with little competition and choice!

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:07 pm

I can empathize Kafria!!!! so much to catch up on!
But I love this forum very much I love you
How about a round of Buckie on me????? Then we can go Dancing!!!! afro

Howdy from Needlehole - Page 15 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:09 pm

Does the whole buckie thing count for me too or should I just have a glass of lemonade?

I like poking things with sticks. Get over it.
Bouncy bouncy  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bouncy bouncy Smile
Your mum.
Squach
Squach
Princess Of All Things Fashionable

Location : Brit-rain. Yorkshire, yo. On the sofa poking Kafria.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:45 pm

So long as its not any of Tin's 'special' lemonade- you should see those haggis go! Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:14 pm

Hmmmm....

I might just pass.... Suspect Suspect Suspect

I like poking things with sticks. Get over it.
Bouncy bouncy  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bouncy bouncy Smile
Your mum.
Squach
Squach
Princess Of All Things Fashionable

Location : Brit-rain. Yorkshire, yo. On the sofa poking Kafria.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:48 pm

Buckie? Dancing?
name the time and place!!
tongue

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:53 pm

I say we have another impromptu party at Odo's, just so long as all the paparazzi have been cleared away this time. Razz Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:11 am

Well I don't think we need your kind of parties in Hobbiton, Eldo, thank you very much. Mad

(Btw I have had a tinker at a new styled Bugle, but I can't work out how to post it. I borrowed a homemade "newspaper" thingee which I filled in with interesting journalism, but I just can't work out how TO POST IT! Sad Sad Sad )
odo banks
odo banks

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 26 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 26  Next