Eldorion
Old Forum
Pettytyrant
22 posters

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Go down

Howdy from Needlehole - Page 14 Empty Re: Howdy from Needlehole

Post by Gandalf's Beard Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:14 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:A**e about until it works or you put your foot through your monitor- thats what I do. Twisted Evil

lol!

Thats what I did with MS WORD (with a few pointers from a friend over the phone). But WORD IS a pretty simple program, and relatively easy to learn without a lot of help.

And that's how I managed to figure out how to do some of the simple bits of Photoshop too. But the rest of it stumps me, and I'm afraid to just start clicking on everything I see in case it freezes my whole PC or crashes the program. affraid

GB

The very first Hobbit Films fanfiction on the Internet, formerly known as The Adventures of Bilbo and Itaril when first posted waaaay back in 2009, revised and retitled as The Adventures of Bilbo and Tauriel

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5678122/1/The-Adventures-of-Bilbo-and-Tauriel

Howdy from Needlehole - Page 14 Main-qimg-25b60ec8346a6008664b1df35a2131cd

"It is like a finger pointing at the moon. Pay no attention to the finger or you will miss all that heavenly Glory"--Bruce Lee

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence."--Carl Sagan
Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Location : In the Headmaster's office at Hogwarts having tea with Dumbledore, Merlin, and Obi Wan Kenobi

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:16 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Well you will be glad to know GB terragen is fairly straight forward to do the absolute basics- make a landscape or a planet. If you dl and want to give it a go start a thread for it and I can talk you through anything you might need to know. This must be the straightest discussion on here ever. I'm tempted to reprint the paper edition as ,most folks might miss it beneath a page or so of techno-babble! Smile

Sounds good Petty. Very Happy

I'll try downloading the programs tomorrow, then we can make a tech walk-through thread.

GB

The very first Hobbit Films fanfiction on the Internet, formerly known as The Adventures of Bilbo and Itaril when first posted waaaay back in 2009, revised and retitled as The Adventures of Bilbo and Tauriel

"It is like a finger pointing at the moon. Pay no attention to the finger or you will miss all that heavenly Glory"--Bruce Lee

Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Location : In the Headmaster's office at Hogwarts having tea with Dumbledore, Merlin, and Obi Wan Kenobi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:23 am

Sounds good to me GB. Very Happy

For those who missed the early morning edition-because GB and I have been talking shop for two pages- news of the Banks scandal has gone global;

[img]Howdy from Needlehole - Page 14 Istockphoto_405717-extra-blank-newspapermergecomplete[/img]

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:44 am

I love the Gaffers Scratch and Sniff ad. I guess the scent is bung. Can I have my 4 sacks of potatoes now? Very Happy

GB

Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:30 pm

Funniest thing I've seen in ages, Petty lol! lol! "Two in the bush is better than one in the hand for Odo" and that picture, hilarious lol! lol!

Howdy from Needlehole - Page 14 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:05 pm

I KNEW it was Aliens Mad . Bloody ET's alien But Ha Ha, we got the better of 'em. clown

GB

Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:00 pm

Gandalf's Beard wrote:I'll try downloading the programs tomorrow, then we can make a tech walk-through thread.

Awesomeness! Very Happy It took me a while to get used to GIMP but it is very cool. I'm nowhere near as talented as Petty when it comes to art or image manipulations, but the basics of GIMP are easy once you have a bit of practice. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:03 pm

Got to love the open-sourcesness of Gimp! I use Photoshop at school, Gimp at home- all these programs are so similar aren't they? Very Happy I find with a bit of work, and a lot of internet tutorials, the most novice internet user can make something suburb! I think a new thread should be made not just to discuss all this software, but to judge it! A kind of "who can can make up the best or funniest thing using the computer" kind of contest! If Chris was he he'd win hands down, but alas! Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:26 pm

Eldorion wrote:
Gandalf's Beard wrote:I'll try downloading the programs tomorrow, then we can make a tech walk-through thread.

Awesomeness! Very Happy It took me a while to get used to GIMP but it is very cool. I'm nowhere near as talented as Petty when it comes to art or image manipulations, but the basics of GIMP are easy once you have a bit of practice. Smile

Actually, whether I get around to it today depends on how much sleep I get this morning Rolling Eyes . I had a rotten night and couldn't get to sleep, and now I'm really groggy. Sleep drunken

GB

Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:27 pm

I had a few nights like that this past week too and I'm still trying to catch up on sleep. Rolling Eyes I hope you feel better soon! Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:31 pm

Eldorion wrote:I had a few nights like that this past week too and I'm still trying to catch up on sleep. Rolling Eyes I hope you feel better soon! Very Happy

Thanks! My doctor doesn't give me enough pain meds, so if my back is really hurting, I can't get comfy enough to sleep. But usually by morning I just pass out.

GB

Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:16 pm

The weekend editions of the papers are pouring more pressure on poor Odo I see. Although I wonder where he did get his sudden recent increase in wealth?! Mmmmm?

[img]Howdy from Needlehole - Page 14 Edition2[/img]

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by The Archet Bugle Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:32 pm

LATE EDITION elephant

URGENT EDITORIAL COMMENT

The Editorial Staff of this Respectable Journal have been suffering under a barrage of calls in regard to a recent story about the relationship between Odo. R. Banks and our Trusted Archet Bugle. The "payments for stories" story levelled at this Illustrious Media Institution, has clearly been written with a view to Question and Undermine our Methods - cheap shots, one might say. The Scottish DAILY PURIST is known to be a Peurile Salacious Muckracking organization, whose workjing method is hardly better than that of that ghastly "HOBBIT GOSSIP" puffery in fact, and this is clearly evidenced by the quality of its journalism. Oh how disgustingly THE PURIST sticks it's nose into other people's business, and in a most nasty, crabbity fashion; exhibiting all too transparently it's well known bent for putting Truth before Respectability. That Liberal Rag clearly prefers sauce to good manners, and we Insist that any Upstanding Hobbit must resile from their brand of salacious salivating nod-nod-winking gutter journalism. We make this plea on the behalf All Sensible hobbits in Forumshire: "Scottish Peurilists: Cease Immediately with all your Deep Investigating. We implore you to Protect the Reputations of all Well-to-do hobbits. And PLEASE, Always Remember the Proper Proprieties!

ODO BANKS MAKES HEART FELT REBUTTAL

Press Release from the Lockholes.
"The whole idea that I should take money for my story, or have a fancy house purchased on the back of kick-backs for my story, are quite insulting, and nobodies business. As to certain photographs printed Against my Wishes, they prove nothing. Anyone could stand outside a fancy house, and if, by merest coincidence, I happen to be standing with janesmith, a lass who happened to be there at the time, err, trying to get my autograph, well, surely I can't be blamed for that. As to janesmith meeting me... behind her husband's back only five minutes before I was arrested... well, people must think what they will.

I think everyone would agree with me when I suggest that Mr Tyrant might stand upright more often, and not sit in trees neither, but it's not like I have any control over Him - he is, after all, a Free Spirit - and a Scotshobbit to boot! Rolling Eyes

As to Norwayans hiding behind trees, I just never knew. What was he doing lurking there anyhow? Did the Danes give him a passport?

And Eldo...? And a horse...?

Maybe it was an Open Day... Yes, maybe it was an Open Day for a House Sale.... not that I would, necessarily, have just made final payment on an expensive house in down town Hobbiton...

As to my Loyal Supporters, I say again, I am innocent of all charges levelled by the Shiriff's Office and will vehemently Defend my Case.

As to Certain Scurrilous Folk using my Thread as A Nerd-Techno-Exchange Center - well, when I get out of gaol... well, you just Wait and See!

Sorry, I can say no more, I'm too upset, what with all the prying and whispering going on."

SPORT
The Scotshobbit Needlecraft Team defeated the L.A. Weavers 7 stiches to 6. The L.A. Weavers, however, were awarded victory on a countback, as their socks were deemed more suitable for warmer climates.

EDITORIAL NOTE AND DISCLAIMER:

It is the Policy of this Respectable Journal to NOT reproduce Fancy Photographs, however exceptionally brilliantly clever they are, as Photographs can often Harm the Reputation of Respectable Hobbits.

Elephants Eat Rivals elephant

Last edited by The Archet Bugle on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
The Archet Bugle
The Archet Bugle
Forumshire's Most Respectable Journal

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:51 pm

I've got to admit The Daily Purist is lowbrow journalism, strewn with errors, typos and mostly made up of rumour and gossip- but it is glossy and it has pictures. And there's a p3 Hobbit lass of the day- and its not just for titillation! Oh no, she always has a comment on the days big political events. Take today's for example where Rosemary, 18, is displayed in Farmer Tolbots hayloft where, whilst mysteriously losing half her clothes she commented, "I think Odo Banks needs to think of others more in this time of recession. How many homeless Scots hobbits could live in that big hole of his? It would certainly clean up the streets of Londonshire."- see educational. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisey Banks Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:23 pm

Sadly I sit, deserted by my friends,
(Accused of things that I will defend! Mad )
And now I'm hearing of sweet eighteen year olds,
Pleading with me - with words brazenly bold -

To think of the "children" (Scottish, albeit),
Without nice hearths for their hairy feet,
Probably with cold rocks for their bed
While it's hinted ('hinted' is what I said! Mad )

That I own a new house, with modcons laid on,
Where I can drink buckie - and all the day long,
While Scotschildren shake and shiver with cold,
Presumably dying before they ever grow old,

Oh Forsooth, how dare she say it!
That eighteen year old bit... err git!
For as if I can enjoy a mansion, and eat caviar,
When I'm down a hole locked in by stout bars!?

Mmm? Could a young bimbo even think of such things?
"Social doctrine"? Hell no, it'd be "gold bracelets and rings"!
Ha! I now smell a rat - a Scotshobbit, no less! -------
Oh my! I just realized! That girl is half dressed!
Embarassed

Channelled direct from the Lockholes at Michel Delving.

Wise Odo
Wisey Banks
Wisey Banks
Chief Forumshire Channeller

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:35 pm

FORUMSHIRE STATE NEWS
"What you need to know, from the people who knew it first."

It has come to the attention of the Forumshire Administrator's Office that certain disreputable "private" newspapers have been making accusations against a number of highly well-thought of and influential forumites. Let State News assure you that all such accusations are baseless. Due to an unfortunate misunderstanding one Odo R. Banks, Esq. has recently been detained in the Lockholes, State News can exclusively uncover, but he is being released this evening. A spokeshobbit for the Administrator's Office announced "We have already conferred with Mr. Banks, and all uncertainties have been cleared away. No charges will be filed, and it is our understanding that he will be returning to his comfortable private home. Additionally, recent rumors that Forumshire judges have been taking bribes in exchange for lenient sentences are completely unfounded."

The Administrator himself, Mr. Eldorion of Michel Delving, was unavailable for comment. His aides tell State News that Mr. Eldorion is currently on vacation to Girdley Island. It is not the place of State News to question the announcements of the State, but the streets of Michel Delving have been buzzing with rumors that the Administrator was invited to a Long-Expected second party, at the new home of Mr. Banks, in celebration of his release. Surely the gossip rags will be itching for pictures, but rest assured that State News shall inform you of only serious matters that you are deemed worthy of knowing.

God save the king
Admin
Admin
Administrator

https://www.forumshire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:50 pm

I hear rumours that Odo is to be released. Happy days, that's the best news I've heard in ages, can't state how happy I feel- now he has 'ahem' inherited money all the 'next rounds' are on him! Wonderful news- and so's the bit about him getting free too.
Now which looks like the comfiest tree to sit up or bush to end up drunk upside down in later?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:54 pm

There was me trying work out how to tackle my defense, then suddenly I find out I have a Very Big Friend - someone AT the Very Top! An Administrator, no less! Shocked

Well anyhow, I'm off now to retrieve Primmy and Bella..

((((("Primmy! How nice to see you again. No, no. People are watching... you girls look positively drawn....No, no, Bella, not HERE... Off home we go... No, no, we're not going back THERE.. Yes, I bought the house in Hobbiton. Well, we'll need the room --- and let's face it, we can't go back to Rushock Bog (below Needlehole) -- not after what's happened. No, no, never mind, Biffo's moving back. He can look after the hole there -- been woking the mines, he's got plenty of dosh to pay the rent... hee hee... not that we really need the money... hee hee... Oh yes, I'll still have to let them print stuff, but we'll be careful how that's handled, now won't we. No, no, don't worry about it. I'll work it out so our situation sounds eminently respectable... Bella must you... save it for home, will you? The guards, remember, they're still here... Lascivious sorts, guards - bit like some Shiriff's really... No, no, that business with janesmth is rhubard, Primmy -- absolute rhubard, Bella! --- we're just friends.... trust me....)))))
odo banks
odo banks
Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:39 am

Indeed, I am very happy for Odo as well! I hope that he enjoys his new Hole and doesn't do anything unrespectable there, at least nothing unrespectable that gets photographed. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:15 am

I don't care for your imputations, Eldo! Mad Why can't you take on as role model someone like that Administrator chap. Lovely gentlehobbit by all accounts. Most helpful. (Mind you, I'm not sure about this Forumshire Administrator business. Too modern for me. What's wrong with Mayor, I say!)
odo banks
odo banks
Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:11 am

Early, early morning edition.

[img]Howdy from Needlehole - Page 14 Ed3[/img]

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:26 am

FORUMSHIRE STATE NEWS
"What you need to know, from the people who knew it first."

SPECIAL EDITION!

DISREPUTABLE PAPER UNDER INVESTIGATION

State News exclusively reviews that due to ongoing concerns about a lack of journalistic integrity and/or editorial standards, agents of the Forumshire Administration have been dispatched to the offices of "The Daily Purist". This Scotshobbit publication is infamous among most respectable Forumhobbits for being a consistent stream of misinformation and deceit. Administration officials have spoken with State News, expressing their professional and personal concerns about the corruptive influence to "The Purist" on Forumshire, particularly with regards to our younger Hobbits. The investigation is sure to cast doubt on the integrity of "The Purist" and to increase the circulation and prominence of State News. (Strike last sentence before publication. -Editors)

Despite the unprecedented peace and prosperity brought to Forumshire by our glorious Administrator, particularly in light of the tragic collapse of our old home and our costly escape from the Dark Planet, certain malcontent elements persist in being difficulties to our community. "The Purist" appears to be foremost in guiding these factions, as it has in its most recent edition openly called for rebellion against the Administrator, even going so far as to compare him to the Lord of the Dark Planet. Such blatant foolishness and disrespect must be considered intolerable by any civilized and respectable society, and as such we at State News wholeheartedly applaud the actions of the Administrator's Office.

LEAK FROM WITHIN LOCKHOLES

To all respectable Hobbits the Lockholes are but a dim and distant thread, except of course in such regrettable instances of mistake such as the recent unjust incarceration of Mr. Odo R. Banks, Esq. However, State News can give you an exclusive glimpse into the Lockholes and the goings-on of the most controversial institution of Forumshire in recent weeks. Attention has recently been cast on the Lockholes, and by extension our entire judicial system, in light of the recent arrest and subsequent release of the aforementioned Odo Banks. State News therefore presents the following interview for the knowledge of all Forumshire residents.

Note: Being a respectable institution of the State, we have of course submitted this interview to the Administrator's Office for review. Due to the sensitive nature of the topic, some slight revisions were made by the Administrator's agents. We are grateful to the Administrator for his foresight in forestalling any possible social unrest that may come from the release of the original transcript.

STATE NEWS: Thank you for joining us today, Mr. ***********. Can you tell us your thoughts on the recent Banks affair?

INFORMANT: The case of Mr. Banks was handled with ******************************* the utmost of ********************* efficient. ************** No regrets *******.

STATE NEWS: That sounds ******************************. Tell us your thoughts on the individuals involved.

INFORMANT: The Administrator is extremely ********************** good at what he does. ************* Mr. Banks is of course ********* not ************* guilty. Any irregularities ********************************************** did not exist.

STATE NEWS: What can you say to those who are worried about the Administrator abusing his power?

INFORMANT: *************************************************************************************************************************

STATE NEWS: Thank you so much for your time with us. Any closing words?

INFORMANT: Thank you ******************** Administrator ***********************************.

We at State News trust that this exclusive interview with a Lockholes insider will put to rest any unsavory rumors about the inner workings of Forumshire governance. Clearly the Administrator has acted only in the interest of justice and of Forumshire itself. Any who claim otherwise are simply inciting social disorder, to the harm of all.

All hail the king
Admin
Admin
Administrator

https://www.forumshire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:34 am

Dear Admin,

Whilst I am in no way associated with The Daily Purist, especially not for example sending copy to them by carrier eagle, oh no, does it seem like the ramblings of a drunken Scotshobbit willing to be payed in buckie? I don't think so. Where was I? Oh yes, I do not speak for them however I feel, as a humble citizen, that your stance on the Daily Purist is a little draconian- and will deprive me of my Hobbitlass of the Day and her must have thoughts on the big issues.

Yours Petty.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:37 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote: Hobbitlass of the Day and her must have thoughts on the big issues.

lol!

Keep the newspapers coming, all, love them Laughing

Howdy from Needlehole - Page 14 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:53 am

Morning edition! (((I wasn't here)))

[img]Howdy from Needlehole - Page 14 Ed4fixstatue-1[/img]

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next