Amarië
Mrs Figg
12 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

All New Who - Page 33 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:34 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:

Figg- do you mean the character from the Potter books, or Emma bloody Watson? Cause if its the later then no, no and NO! She cant act for toffee, its like watching paint dry, on a plank of wood. And Who demands a hell of a range from its actors given week to week it can be in any genre or dramatic style. It would horribly expose her awkward limited eyebrow acting. }}

I mean Hermione Grainger aka Emma Watson. She would have been a wonderful buttoned up starched up foil to Gilgun's dangerous, upredictable and wild yet oddly innocent Doctor. Razz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:42 am

With a third character on the Tardis, I could be okay with that.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:10 am

Hermione Grainger aka Emma Watson- Figg

{{ I'm still not sure if you want just the character, or the actress too, I suppose Watson could manage maybe an episode before her entire repertoire of facial expressions are all used up!

Main issue either way of course is magic and supernatural stuff doesn't exist in the Whoverse, yes there are psychic aliens and psychic based tech and the like, but its all at least pretend science- but the out and out supernatural and magical is always shown to be fake in Who and to not exist. }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:02 am

Forest Shepherd wrote:With a third character on the Tardis, I could be okay with that.

Who would your third person be? I think maybe Rigsy would be my choice, as he was an interesting and refreshing character.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:10 am

{{ Ok back to the rumour mill!

First about all we actually know for sure- filming continues on series 12 and it's behind schedule somewhat. It also appears that even this far into filming the episode running order has not been decided upon. That's it for facts.

Now back to what apparently caused the BBC to lose their shit in the first place-

Spoiler:

Now if there is even a grain of truth to any of these rumours is another matter. But if they are true I can certainly see why the BBC took issue with it. But if it goes ahead in some form then if the fan reaction to last serious was vitriolic god help the next one! }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:54 pm

Rolling Eyes  looks like Chibbers is scraping the barrel for ideas....if the scrapings are anything like your barrel.. pale
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:07 pm

I don't know where to begin. Eru have mercy.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:08 pm

Shocked affraid That rumour can't be true can it? It sounds far too far fetched and cheesy even for Chibnall, then again I'd prefer barrel scraping fan service over lazy mediocrity which S11 apparently had in spades? (still haven't watched a full episode...and from the clips I've seen Whitaker seems slightly miscast...)

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagual Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:05 pm

Having just watched 'Pigs in Space Doctor Who' (with David Tennant) it found it more enjoyable than the 13th Doc, and I came to realise may have been the guide Chib' used to structure his own episodes. But without the subtlety lol
Nagual
Nagual
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:50 am

yep that's the key, enjoyment, I enjoyed all RTD episodes no matter how flawed because I believed Tennant was the Doctor. But I didn't enjoy any of Chibbers episodes because I don't believe Jodie is the Doctor.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:42 am

Neither does she half the time!

Mrs. Figg wrote:Who would your third person be? I think maybe Rigsy would be my choice, as he was an interesting and refreshing character.

Yeah that would be alright. But I think I'd prefer a historic character. Someone with antiquated ideas, either very ancient indeed, or at least from 17th century France, full of round-a-bout, flowery language and a fiery temper. I've had an over-abundance of modern-day Who companions lately, and someone a little more interesting would be nice.

That rumour is such silliness.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:57 am

I've had an over-abundance of modern-day Who companions lately- Forest

{{ Good luck there with the BBC and their charts Mad Moffat tried that with Victorian Clara and quickly got the instructions from above to change it and make her contemporary. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:41 am

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:51 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:Neither does she half the time!

Mrs. Figg wrote:Who would your third person be? I think maybe Rigsy would be my choice, as he was an interesting and refreshing character.

Yeah that would be alright. But I think I'd prefer a historic character. Someone with antiquated ideas, either very ancient indeed, or at least from 17th century France, full of round-a-bout, flowery language and a fiery temper. I've had an over-abundance of modern-day Who companions lately, and someone a little more interesting would be nice.

That rumour is such silliness.

I might work, but on the whole I don't think companions should upstage the Doctor, if they were more flamboyant it could end up like Captain Jack, they didn't get on as each wanted to be top dog.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:30 am

{{ Interesting reply from Mr Capaldi to a question at a Fan Expo in Boston, rare for Capladi he got quite annoyed at the end when he was saying the last paragraph, obviously something which genuinely bugs him.}}

Questioner: What was it like to work with Steven Moffat?

Peter: Well he's fabulous, and I want to say something about Steven, which is this, the writer's name which appears at the start isn't always the writer who did the best work. Because Steven's job is to get that show on every week. It's his job to make sure that there are scripts that are exciting and interesting and fascinating and funny.

Sometimes the writer whose name you see didn't deliver a script that was so great, and the person that has to sit up all night and make that script work is Steven. Steven will not take credit for the incredible jobs he did on some other writers scripts, and some of the incredible invention that he brought to some scripts that were in trouble.

So I would just say, a lot of people who have negative things to say about Steven, you do not have a clue about the kind of stuff and the stories and scripts that he did. Many of which those same people love. He's an incredible writer.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:39 pm

So we are not allowed to criticise him then? Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:17 pm

That depends on who you're asking. Cool

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:38 pm

So we are not allowed to criticise him then?- Figg

{{ Ah well that you'd need to take that up with Mr Capaldi, who reckons you haven't a clue. Smile  I just found it interesting in light of recent conversations on the role of the showrunner (and in light of how badly Chibbers seems to be doing the job).

Also its hard, if not impossible to find a writer or actor with a bad thing to say about Moffat. I suspect this is because for fellow writers he is clever without pretension, commonly using the language of 'low brow' formats of sit-com, soap and thriller to frame  the clever bits.
And I think actors like him because he is so good at witty dialogue and at giving actors memorable lines to say. If you got cast as the Doctor under Moffat then you know at some point your going to get an amazing memorable speech to deliver. In short you know Moffat will make you look good- and actors like that!

Poor Jodie got writers scraps in comparison to work with No

Curiously if you search youtube for 13th Doctor speech this is as close as you get, and yes they have had to cobble together various bits from different episodes to make an actual speech out of it, and its still awful in writing, delivery and execution. 

}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:55 am

In Chibber's case it is the writers and their ideas that have to save us from him, not the other way around.

Been meaning to tell you this (mainly since noone else would care).
I was in a info meeting about rules for ships in the Polar region at work. One of the guys there reminded me of someone, but I couldn't remeber who. Sure, he looked a bit like a mix of my brother-in-law and that toothless kid from Stranger things, but that wasn't it. I think it took an hour or so before it hit me. Steven Moffat! And it totally made my day! (Not that it takes much to beat a power point presentation of rules and regulations, but it really cheered me up. )

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:57 pm

I think Moffat had the unfair advantage of having two good actors to play the Doctor and that made anything they said sound deeper and more profound than it would have done if stilted fake Doctor Jodie had said them. That and the fact Chibbers has not written anything with imagination or charm, and his episodes have been one long smack around the head for 'evil straight white male colonialists' Rolling Eyes
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:30 pm

{{ Well Moffat picked his Doctors, he cast them both not the BBC - he had to get final BBC approval of course but they were both his choice, in Smith's case it was an open casting up until him, then Moffat knew he had his man. And Capaldi was the only one in the picture when it came his turn.
So if he got two very good actors to play the role that is because he was doing his job as showrunner in picking them.

Similarly Chibbers made a female Doctor and having Jodie play her be a condition of him taking on the job. So he has no one else to blame for it but himself.
He wanted a woman, he cast Jodie, and he wrote the bulk of the words that came out of her mouth and the stories she found herself in. And where scripts were not up to scratch from other writers (all of them) it's his job to make them work.
Granted that's made all the trickier when his own episodes are among the worst of the series and are badly in need of someone else rewriting them!

Amarie- was he Scottish too? Suspect Id Ive got a photo with him, in case it was the real one undercover researching some new arctic ship drama (with funny one liners) Smile }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:22 pm

Glad to hear that Capaldi is preaching the good word of Moffat's enormous and powerful brain.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:24 pm

{{ You've been watching He Who Moans again haven't you Forest? Very Happy }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:52 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{
Amarie- was he Scottish too?  Suspect  Id Ive got a photo with him, in case it was the real one undercover researching some new arctic ship drama (with funny one liners) Smile }}

Laughing He was Dutch iirc, and I almost sneak-photoed him. He wasn't a real look a like though. He had big brown puppyeyes, which was why I couldn't place who he reminded me of at first.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:14 pm

{{ I wonder how good Moffat's dutch accent is? Laughing

But thinking of approaches to showrunning. It would seem RTD and Moffat are more similar in their approaches than it previously seemed.

RTD wrote a book about writing and bringing back Who so we had more insight of course, but he was quite open about the fact he rewrote in large parts almost every script of his tenure (save Moffat ones and one other writer, was it Gatiss the other one?).

Moffat it has always been assumed was more hands off than his predecessor as he has never publicly talked about how much rewriting of scripts he has done and so the assumption was always not as much. Capaldi's little revelation here would seem to indicate it was in fact a fair bit.

Chibber's approach was to have a writers room for the first time. How this has affected the process is hard to say at this point, but from the result it's not been for the better. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum