azriel
Ringdrotten
Norc
Mrs Figg
Forest Shepherd
17 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 18 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [7]

Post by azriel Wed May 24, 2017 11:07 am

Awh ! Yay ! save the fox ! why should "we" still keep doing this ?! Faux fur is good enough !!

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 18 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 18 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 18 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [7]

Post by leelee Wed May 24, 2017 12:41 pm

Norc wrote:but they spent aalmost a minute on her dad and 9/11 at the beginnning?!

Hello dear Nora
I was an investigative reporter for years In order for something to be newsworthy for reutors and others you have to lead in with a bit that tells whu she should be more important than others who have choked to death Its the way it is Crying or Very sad
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 24, 2017 5:38 pm

chris63 wrote:After Saving A Fox From A Fur Farm, We Decided To Get Him A Friend So He Wouldn’t Feel Lonely

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 18 Jay_and_saimon_main-59206fb230ea9__700

http://www.boredpanda.com/pet-fox-dog-couple-jay-saimon-polina-luschinskaya/

awww that's adorable! . I love you I love you I love you
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed May 24, 2017 6:21 pm

the tail on that fox is incredible, I wonder why foxes aren't used more often as pets? They're gorgeous.

I realize as a meat-eater I am in no position to judge, but the idea of fur farms really bothers me. One of these days I'll make another stab at being vegetarian.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 24, 2017 8:32 pm

foxes look like a cat/dog love-child
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 24, 2017 9:16 pm

I wonder why foxes aren't used more often as pets? They're gorgeous.- Halfy

{{ They do, sort of. A Russian started an experiment in the 40's to try to work out how domestication of dogs worked.
As foxes are close relatives of the wolves dogs came from they choose foxes.
They began by visiting all the fox fur farms and picking out the most friendly, then bred for friendly, and traits like enjoying being about humans.

The guy who started didn't live long enough to see the effects of is experiment, but its still on the go.

One of the weirdest effects is that as they become more domesticated with each generation they also become more 'dog' like- in that they develop behaviours and physical traits more associated with dogs- they keep their puppy floppy ears much longer, there snouts have changed shape to be more dog like, their coats started developing things that dont appear in the wild- like spots.

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 18 12294653_714330135378666_5034798611173089970_n_zpsj1izvzb9

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 18 Foxes-1024x576_zps7vmx5a35

The reason they haven't caught on as pets as many places (including quite a few US states) have them as illegal to own as a pet. And because whilst they have become much more domesticated, and like being with humans ect, some behaviour they haven't been able to train them out of, yet at least- as the researcher I was reading put it, "you think he has come in and then wandered back out again, then you realise, no he has pissed in your coffee cup again.' }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed May 24, 2017 9:31 pm

For a critter that beautiful I'd make allowances for pissing in my coffee. They're more aesthetically appealing than dogs, even if they don't emote as well.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 24, 2017 11:44 pm

they are snuggle pups I love you
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu May 25, 2017 12:01 am

Looking at their teeth and lips, I bet their breath doesn't smell. Like cat breath doesn't smell.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Thu May 25, 2017 12:24 am

halfwise wrote:the tail on that fox is incredible, I wonder why foxes aren't used more often as pets?  They're gorgeous.

I realize as a meat-eater I am in no position to judge, but the idea of fur farms really bothers me.  One of these days I'll make another stab at being vegetarian.

It bothers me too. I was a vegan for years but I destroyed many red blood cells and was later treated for leukemia It was so painful and I slept eighteen hours a day sometimes and was skin and bones

My father owned a huge restaurant and on holiday we would travel to the ocean He would rent a boat and we would cruise around and he would catch lots of wild salmon, can it with a pressure cooker and he would serve in his restaurant
He did that with hundreds of chickens too. He killed them himself. I was hysterical and spent hours putting chickens up trees to save them I got spanked
During duck season I had to sit in cold canoes shutting up and freaking out When the ducks would come to the fake duck calls I would stand up and yell for the ducks to flee. Guys fell in the freezing water and I got whipped
The last year father told me to shut up no matter what when we went elk and deer hunting. His friends hated me and I could swear they pointed rifles at me They were unsuccessful; but as we headed home I told my father of the curious buck that followed us But he said to shut my mouth. I got in so much trouble I graduated at sixteen and never had to see those animals mistreated again
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu May 25, 2017 12:36 am

Razz You were quite the problem child. But in a good cause. I really do need to try again, but I'd eat fish and dairy, though dairy is horrible for the environment too.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Thu May 25, 2017 1:03 am

I told my family about you today. because from the start I thought you were adorable and belonged on the Seinfeld show, We Jews are such a combo of sorrow and insanity and somehow you reminded me of Fred who is actually a writer fpr the show but played the part of a droll guy who couldn't remember Elaine.
Hasia was enchanted just as she was when I told her bout Petty/ She often tell people about the little lego man with the very we kilt. You and he go perfectly with her tiny Shopkins at Smallmart
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu May 25, 2017 3:00 am

you know a writer for Seinfeld?!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat May 27, 2017 11:53 am

{{Hi Leelee and Hasia Wave So pleased to hear the operation went well Leelee and you and Hasia are back home to recover- you both deserve it.

Hasia- eat up all your porridge, make you good and strong. And always wear some tartan, brightens the place up everyone looks good in a kilt Nod (even me and Ive been banned from the Scottish knobbly-knees competition on the basis of too much knobliness Mad }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun May 28, 2017 4:13 pm

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 18 Ford_a10

Ford assembly line 1914

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun May 28, 2017 4:14 pm

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 18 Statue10

Statue of Liberty seen from the top.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun May 28, 2017 5:12 pm

azriel wrote:Just...................whatever [7] - Page 18 Ford_a10

Ford assembly line 1914

That Ford plant was a miracle of modern technology in it's day. cheers  We've still got a beat up, rusty old 1925 T that's been cut down and a pickup bed added and served as our farm truck back in my grandfather's time.  Wish I could show you pictures..  Here's a later assembly line video (not sure if it's the one I'm thinking of, but I think this is the one that shows a whole car being built! Very Happy )

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun May 28, 2017 8:42 pm

A car every 40 seconds ? ! I love watching bygone days on film. Its fascinating Very Happy If you can get photo's hang onto them, photo's are special. You might think they are nothing but, its a moment in time you will never see again.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun May 28, 2017 8:45 pm

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 18 Hoover10
Going over the Hoover Dam in 1934. There's a man in that car, he obviously doesn't mind heights......or safety Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun May 28, 2017 9:24 pm

speaking of foxes as pets, here's a lovely instagram about the pet-fox Juniper, it's also very informative about owning a wild animal as a pet. also has lots of cute videos

https://www.instagram.com/juniperfoxx/
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun May 28, 2017 9:25 pm

There's still  Model T Ford racing at state fairs around here... with a twist..Smile

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm

https://www.facebook.com/bbcearth/videos/1402488459844658/

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:13 am

Anyone here know a good programme I can run to work out why my laptop runs like a piece of shit? I have no idea what is wrong with it but it is struggling to do basic tasks at the moment and I have done things like registry key repairs, driver updates, mal/ransom/spyware checks and everything else I can think of, to no avail.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:24 am

I used to have problems like that and it was some adobe "helper" program that was chewing up cpu time for no apparent reason, but wouldn't be classed as a virus or malware. Can you check all processes and see what's taking up the most processing time? Go to Task Manager and click the processes tab.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:27 pm

Nothing... apparently my CPU is running close to idle most of the time, obvious spikes when I open something but generally not a problem.

Shouldnt be my GPU as that isnt being taxed when I open Chrome. Possibly a RAM related issue? Seems to be bottle-necking somewhere and not sure if it is hardware or software related.

There are some programmes which run on start-up that I dont know what they do so not going to switch off, but still they dont show as using any of my CPU when it has opened everything and is back to idle.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum