azriel
Ringdrotten
Norc
Mrs Figg
Forest Shepherd
17 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 16 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [7]

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:01 pm

does anybody know if you need any vacines when you go to Thailand? I may be going next year.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 16 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [7]

Post by halfwise Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:03 pm

Exciting!

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:07 pm

Seems like recommendations rather than requirements.

For most standard tourists the usual recommended vaccinations for Thailand include cover against the childhood diseases (Tetanus and Diphtheria, Measles, Mumps and Rubella) as well as cover against the food borne diseases of Typhoid and Hepatitis A. For those trekking in the Thai countryside or staying for longer periods then cover against Hepatitis B and Rabies should be considered.

http://www.tmb.ie/destinations/vaccinations-for-thailand

This would normally be 2 injections: DipTet and MMR. Don't know if Typhoid and Hep A are combined, but I don't think so. 4 sticks total then.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:12 pm

{{Are you allowed to wear bustles there? }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:19 pm

halfwise wrote:Seems like recommendations rather than requirements.

For most standard tourists the usual recommended vaccinations for Thailand include cover against the childhood diseases (Tetanus and Diphtheria, Measles, Mumps and Rubella) as well as cover against the food borne diseases of Typhoid and Hepatitis A. For those trekking in the Thai countryside or staying for longer periods then cover against Hepatitis B and Rabies should be considered.

http://www.tmb.ie/destinations/vaccinations-for-thailand

This would normally be 2 injections: DipTet and MMR.  Don't know if Typhoid and Hep A are combined, but I don't think so.  4 sticks total then.

I already had measles and mumps when I was a kid, so I am hoping I wouldn't catch them again. pale pale I will go for the tetanus/dip and typhoid. I wonder if they have malaria? I will be going to Bangkok so maybe its not a problem, I think its only jungly places with malaria. yep If it pans out it will be the furthest I have ever travelled. I wonder if you can get jumbos I have always wanted to fly in one.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:20 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{Are you allowed to wear bustles there? }}

only if you don't smuggle budgies under them. I will use it as a mozzy net at night.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:05 am

Bangkok is supposed to be pretty safe. But if going out in jungle, get the pills. You don't want malaria - I've had it 4 times. If you get it and don't have the drugs it can kill you, but fortunately the drugs are easy to lay hands on.

So....why are you going to Bangkok?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:07 am

Prolly the most important thing to check is if you can drink the water.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:44 am

Eldorion wrote:Looking at Tin's most recent posts she made it back from the UK but did not try buckie. Her last post was more than a year ago but a couple Google searches indicate that she's enjoying a fairly successful college golf career.

NB Also, Gandalf's Beard is still working on his Harry Potter fanfic, but I have no idea about yooper since I don't have anything more specific to search for him with. Razz

Never worry. I'm here.

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 16 Peter-pan-window

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:45 am

Are you still wading through exams or are you past those now, Blue?
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:45 am

Ten posts too late it seems Shocked

Sounds like quite the trip you got planned, Figg Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:49 am

Eldorion wrote:Are you still wading through exams or are you past those now, Blue?

No exams, luckily Smile but I'm to hand in abt 40000 words by the 1st of June, so can't say I'm not busy Razz I've done a substantialt part of that though, but still a fair bit more to do Shocked Smile

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 16 Tenor

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:56 am

Glad to hear that the exams are past, anyway. Smile Best of luck with the rest of the writing. Is it a dissertation (or whatever they might have in Fjordlandia)? Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:02 am

It's a year long master thesis. Smile Although, there is an oral part as well, although, not very formal as far as I gather.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:21 pm

Bluebottle wrote:
Eldorion wrote:Are you still wading through exams or are you past those now, Blue?

No exams, luckily Smile but I'm to hand in abt 40000 words by the 1st of June, so can't say I'm not busy Razz I've done a substantialt part of that though, but still a fair bit more to do Shocked Smile

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 16 Tenor

and i complain about my secen papers paper and the linguistic one on 1800-2000 words...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:30 pm

You can get to ride an elephant Figgy Very Happy Id love to do that Smile

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 16 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 16 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:39 pm

I still want to hear the story behind why she's going. Got to be a story.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:35 pm

We haven't heard back from Leelee yet after Hasia's surgery. I hope the absence has nothing to do with bad news.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:46 pm

Your right, lets hope its because Leelee is just busy looking after Hasia & her road to recovery !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:15 am

halfwise wrote:Bangkok is supposed to be pretty safe.  But if going out in jungle, get the pills.  You don't want malaria - I've had it 4 times.  If you get it and don't have the drugs it can kill you, but fortunately the drugs are easy to lay hands on.

So....why are you going to Bangkok?

don't worry I wont be drinking the water, I tried that once and nearly died of dysentery, and that was in Spain. Shocked
I wont be going in any nasty sweaty jungles either. Suspect my bustle would wilt.

I am going to study the Art Deco architecture, a lot of 19th century Italians worked for king Rama V. Razz  I will be going to Bangkok and maybe the seaside if I have time. but this is next year when the weather is ok.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:41 am

What an awesome research project!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:11 pm

That sounds wonderful Figgy Smile so fascinating ! Smile If you do go I hope you have a great time !!

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:11 pm

https://www.facebook.com/ZackClothierPhotography/videos/10155873047648056/

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:19 pm

affraid I just saw how expensive it is to get there.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:24 pm

The least expensive way is probably still to get a cheap flight to Moscow, then take the Trans-Siberian railway to Beijing. Then either continue by train or fly on to Bangkok. If you work the connections right you should be able to do it for under $1000. Plus it's a grand adventure! Very Happy

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum