chris63
Eldorion
Mrs Figg
azriel
Bluebottle
19 posters

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Go down

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 13 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4]

Post by chris63 Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:42 am

EXCLUSIVE
Lord of the Rings releases one wine collection to rule them all

http://ew.com/movies/2017/12/18/lord-of-the-rings-wine/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_facebook_entertainmentweekly

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 13 Image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fewedit.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F12%2Fmkbldi

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 13 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4]

Post by Amarië Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:28 am

That's cute I guess. But the labels are uneven. I'd be annoyed every time I looked at them.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:34 am

...which does makes them pretty accurate movie wines...

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:14 am

Anyone with OCD would grumble at the alignment of those wines Very Happy If they were The Hobbit Id use them for catapult fodder Smile

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 13 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 13 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:22 pm

Well, the bottles are different so the labels must be different. Though why Frodo isn't the small one makes no sense.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:15 pm

..which does makes them pretty accurate movie wines...- Amarie

{{{ Laughing }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:37 am

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 13 50-lord-of-the-rings-memes-guaranteed-to-make-you-2-8780-1490736451-0_dblbig

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:19 am

Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:53 pm

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 13 12493983._SY540_

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:55 pm

Laughing

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:39 pm

Oh that's by far the best Ive seen !! Great find Forest ! :clap:

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 13 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:05 am

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 13 Om5vmb9f8li01

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:56 am

Razz

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:45 pm

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 13 761ee910

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 13 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:05 pm

Laughing love it !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:17 pm

Awww!

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:21 am

Haha. Very funny Thumbs Up

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:34 am

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 13 SJzGjH8
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:34 am

:contented sigh:

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:57 pm

Eldorion wrote:Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 13 SJzGjH8

Which raises the question as to why doesn't Elrond just push him in or try to destroy the ring himself? He leads him all the way up the slope of the mountain after a huge battle, purposely just to destroy the ring (though presumably he had already asked Isildur he was planning on destroying it that way, surely he didn't choose this precise moment to reveal the plan to Isildur that would have been a very quiet awkward walk up the mountain otherwise), yet lets Isildur bugger off doing a slow motion cheesy walk without so much as a struggle, Jackson crapped on most of the other characters as depicted in the books and subtlety is rarely his forte anyway...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:09 pm

Elrond didn't necessarily know for sure at the time what would happen if the Ring wasn't destroyed. He clearly wanted it gone just to be safe, but if he wasn't certain that Sauron would return (and that seems to be the case in general) it's not necessarily worth killing the High King of the Dúnedain over it. Beyond personal moral considerations, that would have had major negative consequences on both elves and humans and possibly launched them into another war right on the heels of the last one. Plus, no one was capable of deliberately destroying the Ring (made explicit in the Letters and probably true in the movieverse as well), so even if Elrond had felt the urge to push Isildur over the edge it wouldn't have been something he could've brought himself to act upon.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:14 pm

{{{I seem to remember in the book in the aftermath of the battle 'none marked' what Isisdur did with the Ring being otherwise occupied with the wounded, the dead and all the grief. So the issue never arose if so. }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:26 am

Well, Elrond marked what he did. There was no mention of actually going into the Cracks of Doom.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:04 am

Yeah, the way events play out in the book is different and there's not really any discussion of a plot hole there. Even if Elrond and Cirdan had wanted to force Isildur to destroy the Ring they didn't really have an opportunity to do so. But having Elrond and Isildur actually in the Crack of Doom, which I assume PJ did for visual/dramatic reasons, has led a lot of people to ask the "why not push him?" question over the years.

FOTR, II 2 wrote:‘Alas! yes,’ said Elrond. ‘Isildur took it, as should not have been. It should have been cast then into Orodruin’s fire nigh at hand where it was made. But few marked what Isildur did. He alone stood by his father in that last mortal contest; and by Gil-galad only Círdan stood, and I. But Isildur would not listen to our counsel.

‘‘‘This I will have as weregild for my father, and my brother,’’ he said; and therefore whether we would or no, he took it to treasure it. But soon he was betrayed by it to his death; and so it is named in the North Isildur’s Bane. Yet death maybe was better than what else might have befallen him.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:18 am

From that passage we see that it's a good move to show Elrond in the movie trying to persuade Isildur to have the ring destroyed: it's what he and Cirdan did in the story. As Eldo said, the way it is shown in the film is altered for the sake of drama and spectacle.

I think that the "why didn't he just push him?" question is rather dumb. Elrond in the movies is not shown to be a particularly hands-on type of person when it comes to the One Ring. He serves as a facilitator of discussion and a master of lore, and never acts in a hot-headed manner. It would be uncharacteristic of his film character to physically interfere in Isildur's decision: no matter how portentous his misgivings may have been at the time about the continued survival of the ring.

I am not a fan of how Isildur is made out to be such a meany jerk-face in that particular scene, but the way that Elrond calls out to him gave me chills the first several times I watched it. It's excellent cinema.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next