Eldorion
David H
halfwise
16 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

US General Election 2016 - Page 32 Empty Re: US General Election 2016

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:38 am

You want that I stop by Trump Tower and pick you up one of 'em red "make America great again" caps?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:38 am

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/politics/article/Before-Trump-there-was-Jesse-Ventura-and-a-6862388.php
"Jesse's success is the perfect case history to show this can happen," said Bill Hillsman, a Minneapolis ad man and close Ventura adviser who came up with several memorable campaign ads, including one that depicted Ventura as an action figure who tells special interests: "I don't want your stupid money."

"Donald Trump's campaign is just Jesse's campaign writ very large, with more money and some hugely advantageous communications tools" such as social media and online organizing, Hillsman said.
US General Election 2016 - Page 32 920x920

I wonder what you think of this, Bungo?

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:05 pm

His were the eyes of a man who has gazed into the abyss, and the abyss gazed back, and then he endorsed the abyss.
US General Election 2016 - Page 32 GOP_2016_Trump-0bfec
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2016/03/02/chris-christies-wordless-screaming/

Hahahahahaha.. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:30 pm

US General Election 2016 - Page 32 6RMqthQ

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:19 pm

David H wrote:http://www.seattlepi.com/news/politics/article/Before-Trump-there-was-Jesse-Ventura-and-a-6862388.php
"Jesse's success is the perfect case history to show this can happen," said Bill Hillsman, a Minneapolis ad man and close Ventura adviser who came up with several memorable campaign ads, including one that depicted Ventura as an action figure who tells special interests: "I don't want your stupid money."

"Donald Trump's campaign is just Jesse's campaign writ very large, with more money and some hugely advantageous communications tools" such as social media and online organizing, Hillsman said.
US General Election 2016 - Page 32 920x920

I wonder what you think of this, Bungo?

Well, first thing you have to know is that I was 9 years old when Jesse was elected. All I remember was hearing about it on the news when it happened and my dad was really mad.

Jesse was propelled to victory mostly by young first time voters, or at least that's what I've been told and have heard on local talk radio before. Trump is appealing to many demographics. I understand Jesse being unsure about supporting either Trump or Sanders because I had the same problem myself. Ron Paul has even praised some of Sanders economic positions, saying they're closer to a libertarian viewpoint than any of the republicans. So I can see why Jesse would be torn on who to support.

Another difference between Jesse and Donald is that Jesse had prior political experience. Before running for governor he was mayor of a fairly large city (Brooklyn Park).

What I don't understand is what happened in the state to set up a swing to a third party candidate. The state just came off the heels of a very popular independent republican governor Arne Carlson, who won his second term in a landslide. And Norm Coleman was the very popular republican mayor of the capital (a democratic stronghold).

So I'm really not sure what caused the GOP to fail. Based on percentage points alone it seems that Jesse did steal more of the democratic vote than the republican. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_gubernatorial_election,_1998

There are similarities here, and it is a good comparison to make, but because I don't know exactly what was going on in the MN political climate in 1998, I can't make a final judgement call.

I'd never seen that action figure ad. Amazing. Laughing

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:24 pm

{{{At which point in this increasingly ludicrous process and cutting political debate focusing on the size of each others hands, can the rest of the world declare the US officially insane and quarantine it off? }}}}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:25 pm

I was discussing the election results with a coworker today and she reminded me that Minnesota likes to go against the grain in elections. It's funny, though, that this time around "going against the grain" means choosing the establishment candidate.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:28 pm

{{{I think that big wall's gonna do the job... I wonder if we should expect political refugees from the US?}}}

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:29 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{At which point in this increasingly ludicrous process and cutting political debate focusing on the size of each others hands, can the rest of the world declare the US officially insane and quarantine it off? }}}}}

That "hand" issue was just one item brought up by Rubio in a pathetic attempt to smear Trump. The eGOP is leaning hard on Rubio. So hard that I hope he loses abysmally and it breaks him.

At the start of this process the eGOP made the candidates sign a loyalty pledge, but now that the frontrunner is not the guy they like, they're willing to throw that pledge out the window. They're not getting their way, and it's delicious.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:35 pm

That "hand" issue was just one item brought up by Rubio in a pathetic attempt to smear Trump. - Trump

{{{{Was it more or less pathetic than Trump throwing water about to smear Rubio as scared and sweating a lot- or his constant references to Rubio looking young or not being as tall as Trump?

Was it less pathetic than when Trump mocked the physicality of a disabled reporter?

And is any of this really worthy of any sort of political debate anywhere outside of pre-school?

And if Trump were to become President- watch America become isolated as all its allies fall away and stop sharing intelligence information with a Trump regime- would you share top secret information with that man? And given the sorts of things he says the outcry from the public in allied countries would be such that it would be unpopular for any government to be seen to be too close to the US- hell there has already been a public petition in the UK discussed in Parliament banning him from entry, imagine how much stronger that call will be if he continues on in this vein as President, and not just from strong long term allies like the UK}}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:42 pm

But that's Trump, though. He's brash and everyone knows it. Rubio only went negative because his big money donors are desperate.

All these things I'm sure they said about Ronald Reagan.

That "hand" issue was just one item brought up by Rubio in a pathetic attempt to smear Trump. - Trump

{{{Oh, so I'm Trump now? Thanks, Petty, thanks. Neutral }}}

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:19 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{At which point in this increasingly ludicrous process and cutting political debate focusing on the size of each others hands, can the rest of the world declare the US officially insane and quarantine it off? }}}}}

{{{I'm sure Mexico will welcome the rest of the world's help paying for the Wall Smile }}}

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:30 pm

bungobaggins wrote:

I'd never seen that action figure ad. Amazing. Laughing

Cool!
I googled "Trump action figure" for comparison and came up with this (a Ted Cruz product I'm guessing... Smile :

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:02 am

WASHINGTON, March 2 (UPI)
Google search trends suggest that many Americans are considering relocating to Canada following the results of Super Tuesday.

The search term "How can I move to Canada" rose in popularity by about 350 percent in the hours immediately following Tuesday night's primary elections, according to Google's search engine data editor Simon Rogers.

Rogers shared a link to the query info which showed the search trend increasing by as much as 1,500 percent as time went on.

In addition to the Google trend, Canada's immigration website displayed a message through Wednesday that read, "You may experience delays while using the website. We are working to resolve this issue. Thank you for your patience."

The searches spiked hours after controversial Republican candidate Donald Trump dominated Super Tuesday, winning seven states.

In February, a radio DJ from the Canadian island of Cape Breton welcomed Americans who sought to leave the country if Trump were elected president by launching a satirical tourism website "Cape Breton if Donald Trump Wins."

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:49 pm

{{{Um sorry Bungo!!! I did say I was tired! Mad Not to mention very drunk drunken Maybe its your new campaign slogan discombobulated me Nod }}}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:02 pm

{{Anyone watching the fox debate tonight? I am expecting a bloodbath}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:27 am

{{{Trump taking a fair kicking so far. And I find I am actually liking the moderator chap with the glasses- he almost seems like a real journalist- on Fox! Shocked }}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:22 am

{{{{Don't think they have discussed any actual policy issues yet at all of note}}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:21 am

Viewed the latest Republican debate. Hilary looks better every day. And it appears Trump believes if you want to beat an extremist you have to join him. Waterboarding and killing wives and children is just the start. Extremists cut off heads. How far would Trump go to beat them?

Confess I found Rubio erudite and kind of believable - but too young. Maybe next election?

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:14 pm

Rubio erudite? Shocked He's learning to fake it, which is what growing up is all about after all.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:54 pm

{{{{Made me chuckle}}}

US General Election 2016 - Page 32 12803142_10204696907377586_691809241683093928_n_zpsisokjxyq

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:01 pm

Laughing truth is stranger than fiction.

No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:07 pm

I listened to Trump talking in Maine. For 99.9% of the time he was telling everyone how very very rich he is and the other 1% he was slagging off Romney. He sounded unhinged. he just talked about himself for 30 minutes and everyone seemed not to mind a multimillionaire bragging about how many buildings he has. weird.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:20 pm

{{{{I watched the Rep debate- Trump bragging about his willie size was not the worst of it by a long way- that would be Trump saying he would not only condone the torture of prisoners but he would also order US troops to deliberately target family members of known terrorists, despite that being an international war crime.

But it was his response to being pressed on what would happen if the army said they wouldn't do it which was the worst bit-

"I'm a leader. I've never had any problem leading people. If I say 'do it' they are going to do it. That's what leadership is all about......They won't refuse. They're not going to refuse me. Believe me."

He has since attempted to walk back his statements, today saying -

'I will not order a military officer to disobey the law. It is clear that as president I will be bound by laws just like all Americans and I will meet those responsibilities."

But that changes nothing in the sense that this far into a presidential debate and the front runner does a debate with foreign affairs questions and doesn't know that ordering the murder of civilians is a war crime, or he does know and always did and just said it to win votes and was simply lying his arse off- in which case he is exactly the con-artist Romney says he is.

Either way the picture is not pretty- either Trump is unaware of basic human rights and international law and believes torture and using terror tactics are valid means of fighting a war, or he is a lying conman.

Neither seems a good fit for the task of President.}}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:41 pm

Trump sounds barking mad most of the time. Why are so many people fooled by monumental egotists?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next