Bluebottle
bungobaggins
Radaghast
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
30 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 18 Empty Re: In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:51 pm

Music of the Ainur wrote: Here we find some sort of Huge Manbearpig creature

God, how I burst out laughing just now lol!

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 18 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 18 Empty Re: In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS

Post by azriel Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:51 pm

He looks like Jack Nicholson from "Wolf" !?

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 18 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 18 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:52 pm

I wonder if they're trying to invoke Wolverine what with the sideburns and all. In any event...

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 18 Fuck-you-peter-jackson

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 18 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:53 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:
Music of the Ainur wrote: Here we find some sort of Huge Manbearpig creature

God, how I burst out laughing just now lol!
In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 18 Man_bear_pig
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:53 pm

lol! 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:55 pm

I'm ssuper cereal! Mad

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:08 pm

Ok, just made some arrangements Im going to see it tomorrow. On my own as it turns out as those who saw AUJ with me are refusing point blank to go back for more.

Cant say as I blame them.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:13 pm

I can't wait to hear your thoughts (through Angmar and Sons' real time mind-reader, I assume), Petty! Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:13 pm

Wow, and the one evening this week I can't be around to read your review! I look forward to tuesday morning already Very Happy

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:14 pm

It may take me that long to recover and write the review!

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:21 pm

Beorn for me was a complete let down in the creativity department. He was nothing like the book character and his concept design was horrible. Personally I'm glad he wasn't on screen that long because he was horrid.

And I completely agree Figgs Jackson tried to hard to connect the hobbit to LOTR that it has pretty much became IMO a joke. The story has become more about the rise of Sauron than it is about Bilbo and his adventure. And what the hell was with all the focusing on the ring... Now it really makes Gandalf look like and idiot for not realizing sooner with all this Sauron crap going on.

For a film (or set of films) Jackson really screwed the pooch on these films  F You 
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:25 pm

Sinister71 wrote:And what the hell was with all the focusing on the ring... Now it really makes Gandalf look like and idiot for not realizing sooner with all this Sauron crap going on.

I've been thinking about this today. I thought the ring-zoom-in shot from AUJ-EE in Rivendell was bad enough, but how the hell does Gandalf have any excuse for dicking around for 60 years after coming face to face with Sauron? Especially since this is apparently the first time anyone learned that Sauron had returned since the Last Alliance, which was 3000 years ago in both the book and movies timelines. He really has no excuse for not being more suspicious of Bilbo's Ring when he learns about it.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:34 am

Here's a moment that could go in the positive thread, but I won't put it there because I'm going to snip at it.

When the company is looking for the secret entrance, they're all like "oh we're not gonna find it, wah." And then Bilbo sees it. Well, good grief if any of them had walked five paces to the left and looked up, they would have seen it too!

And then Thorin is like, "Oh, you have good eyes, but not in a sexy way kind of eyes."

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:29 am

Opening weekend for DOS nets $73 mil. $11 mil. below AUJ.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?id=vs-lotr.htm

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:42 am

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_hobbit_the_desolation_of_smaug/news/1929217/box_office_guru_wrapup_the_hobbit_debuts_at_the_top/

3D screens accounted for 49% of the take which was identical to last year's Hobbit. But more women were lost this time around. This weekend's male share was 60%, up from the 57% for Journey last year. The CinemaScore was an A- which was a notch below the A from last time.

b-b-b-b-but feminine energy!!!!

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:51 am

Maybe there weren't enough posters with Tauriel on them!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:00 am

DOS probably would have opened higher in North America without all the snow, but the question is how much higher. I think most people were expecting a fall-off from AUJ. The real question is how well it holds over the next several weekends, but $300 million domestically, which AUJ limped to, is looking questionable.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Music of the Ainur Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:13 am

bungobaggins wrote:Okay, I'll try to go beat by beat from my poor memory.

Prologue: Why, oh why did there have to be a subtitle telling us that the town was Bree and it was on the borders of the Shire? We see the Prancing Pony in like 15 seconds and we're all going to recognize that, so there's no point in telling use we're in Bree. Okay so cameo by Peter Jackson and Katie Jackson totally took me out of the story.

I agree completely Bungo 14 seconds go by and I already get my first jolt of yuck! But truth is I believe every opening sequence of Jacksons Tolkien treatments have bugged me either a little or a lot... but I certainly don't want to look at his face walking around in Middle Earth What a bring down!

Inside the Prancing Pony we've got some pointless dialogue between Gandalf and Thorin. Gandalf informs Thorin that he found a note written in black-speech which asks for Oakenshield's head. Okay, so then why in AUJ are Gandalf and Thorin so surprised in the Trollshaws when the wargs are coming after everyone?

good point which you have reminded me of another inconsistency with his previous movies. In TH AUJ and in the appendices of erebor I believe as well... when  Gandalf and Thorin talked about running into each other in Bree. Gandalf said it was a Chance meeting. Now in the Dos  Thorin says- This isn't a chance meeting is it? and Gandalf replied No, no it isn't. That is how I remember the exchange in any case. Someone please correct me if I am wrong as I invite everyone to do at any time they please.

Last edited by Music of the Ainur on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Music of the Ainur
Music of the Ainur
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:16 am

bungobaggins wrote:http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_hobbit_the_desolation_of_smaug/news/1929217/box_office_guru_wrapup_the_hobbit_debuts_at_the_top/

3D screens accounted for 49% of the take which was identical to last year's Hobbit. But more women were lost this time around. This weekend's male share was 60%, up from the 57% for Journey last year. The CinemaScore was an A- which was a notch below the A from last time.

Not surprised. Girls don't want to be seen as romantic pawns or to be objectified as a possession. She should have remained independent  Evil or Very Mad 

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 18 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:20 am

And to top it off, there's this stupid class bullshit introduced into elf society that I failed to notice before.

Gawd, I detest this movie.

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

In theatres: 'Desolation of Smaug' | SPOILERS - Page 18 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:11 am

Music of the Ainur wrote:good point which you have reminded me of another inconsistency with his previous movies. In TH AUJ and in the appendices of erebor I believe as well... when  Gandalf and Thorin talked about running into each other in Bree. Gandalf said it was a Chance meeting. Now in the Dos  Thorin says- This isn't a chance meeting is it? and Gandalf replied No, no it isn't. That is how I remember the exchange in any case. Someone please correct me if I am wrong as I invite everyone to do at any time they please.

To the appendices!

J.R.R. Tolkien wrote:But at last there came about by chance a meeting between Gandalf and Thorin that changed all the fortunes of the House of Durin, and led to other and greater ends beside.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:11 am

Tinuviel wrote:
bungobaggins wrote:http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_hobbit_the_desolation_of_smaug/news/1929217/box_office_guru_wrapup_the_hobbit_debuts_at_the_top/

Not surprised. Girls don't want to be seen as romantic pawns or to be objectified as a possession. She should have remained independent  Evil or Very Mad 

I would have liked Tauriel a lot more if there hadn't been any love interests with anyone.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:33 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Ok, just made some arrangements Im going to see it tomorrow. On my own as it turns out as those who saw AUJ with me are refusing point blank to go back for more.

Cant say as I blame them.

cheers  hurrah finally. I have dug myself an anti-crabbit bunker and bought some supplies until the crabbitshock waves have filtered out into the ethersphere.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:39 pm

:facepalm:  no doubt they will say it was because theres only one woman in the film, or we are put off by all male characters or some such tosh. Or maybe we are not fooled by token hotties and fat cheeked Elves.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:51 pm

Eldorion wrote:
Sinister71 wrote:And what the hell was with all the focusing on the ring... Now it really makes Gandalf look like and idiot for not realizing sooner with all this Sauron crap going on.

I've been thinking about this today.  I thought the ring-zoom-in shot from AUJ-EE in Rivendell was bad enough, but how the hell does Gandalf have any excuse for dicking around for 60 years after coming face to face with Sauron?  Especially since this is apparently the first time anyone learned that Sauron had returned since the Last Alliance, which was 3000 years ago in both the book and movies timelines.  He really has no excuse for not being more suspicious of Bilbo's Ring when he learns about it.

I agree Eldo. It unravels all the tension of FOTR and it makes Gandalf look like a fool. Or at best forgetful. 60 years is the blink of an eye to an Istari surely? This switches everything I thought about Gandalfs motives for inviting and insisting Bilbo go on the journey, that he knew in some wizardy way that Bilbo HAD to go with them because he was MEANT to. I imagined Gandalf realized Bilbo had a momentous part to play.
Instead we get Bilbo just an afterthought only there to get to the dragon, and the Ring not some hidden sleeper but a major player, it starts to corrupt Bilbo immediately and Saurons power is immense from the get-go. Although Gandalf doesnt know about the Ring he doesnt seem to have invited Bilbo along with them for anything other than window dressing, he never mentions Bilbo to the Dwarves, he never seems to have much to say to him or notice him.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next