Let's look on the bright side...the further they move away from the book...

+16
Tinuviel
Eldorion
halfwise
Norc
Forest Shepherd
bungobaggins
leelee
Orwell
Pettytyrant101
chris63
Mrs Figg
Ringdrotten
Amarië
RA
Sinister71
malickfan
20 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Let's look on the bright side...the further they move away from the book... - Page 3 Empty Re: Let's look on the bright side...the further they move away from the book...

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:20 pm

Mad
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Let's look on the bright side...the further they move away from the book... - Page 3 Empty Re: Let's look on the bright side...the further they move away from the book...

Post by Norc Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:21 pm

F You (why is this emoticon smiling? it should be fucking dead serious)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:33 pm

did I last more than 5 minutes? It seemed like an eternity.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:35 pm

i had to scroll up to see what that was a statement about..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:36 pm

Laughing 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:37 pm

Norc, taking stuff out of context and reading it wrong, for nearly ten years.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:39 pm

compliments to the chef Thumbs Up 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:43 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:did I last more than 5 minutes? It seemed like an eternity.
Yeah, I'm trying to remember one memorable scene from that movie that wasn't memorable largely because there was something annoying mixed in.  Between Jar-jar, the kid, and the friggin' midichlorians there isn't much left.

Ok - the scenes with Padme alone with no make-up were decent, though I think her abs figured prominently in my approval.  And some of the fights with the dual light saber guy were pretty good.

Second movie, those without Hayden Christiansen were often acceptable.

Third movie: almost every damn shot had HC.  Could only stomach it once.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:46 pm

who's hayden Christiansen?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:48 pm

waaaait.. setting stuff straight....

the little kid is darth vader?
padme.. is luke's mother or am i totally off now? does that mean the kid and padme .... eerh...

also the cgi is terrible!

Last edited by Norc on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:48 pm

wood springs to mind
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:50 pm

Norc wrote:who's hayden Christiansen?
The main character of movies 2 and 3.  Need any more proof of just how bad they were?

Last edited by halfwise on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:50 pm

Norc wrote:waaaait.. setting stuff straight....

padme.. is luke's mother or am i totally off now? does that mean the kid and padme .... eerh...

How can there be a generation gap between us when you're only a year younger than me? Suspect
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:52 pm

Hurr durr 

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:55 pm

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, hold up. In that video she says everything depends on capturing the viceroy. But in the movie it seemed like the most important thing was taking down the control ship.

Nute Gunray couldn't do shit without all those droids. He's basically useless. Wow, George, wow.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:57 pm

Norc wrote:

The sad thing about that clip is that even 3 of the best actors in the world couldn't do anything with that shitty dialogue.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:58 pm

halfwise wrote:
Norc wrote:who's hayden Christiansen?
The main character of movies 2 and 3.  Need any more proof of just how bad they were?
well hello there..
Let's look on the bright side...the further they move away from the book... - Page 3 Hayden-Christensen
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:59 pm

Eldorion wrote:
Norc wrote:waaaait.. setting stuff straight....

How can there be a generation gap between us when you're only a year younger than me? Suspect
:suspect:maybe you're just an old tart Pokey Tongue
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:25 pm

Norc wrote:Suspect maybe you're just an old tart Pokey Tongue
This is what I get for spending so many of my formative years around people 3-5 years older than me: mockery by my peers. Crying or Very sad 
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:27 pm

there there..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:30 pm

If it's any consolation Eldo, I know of the first three Star Wars, and I have to regrettably say that I found Hayden Christensen very attractive a few years back. That has changed quite a bit though. He's a little creepy....

Let's look on the bright side...the further they move away from the book... - Page 3 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:43 pm

They could have saved a lot of money by doing stop-action animation with him carved out of wood, and gotten nearly the same results.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:41 pm

halfwise wrote:They could have saved a lot of money by doing stop-action animation with him carved out of wood, and gotten nearly the same results.
At first I thought you were talking about Orlando Bloom.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:19 pm

Laughing 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:22 pm

Same thing almost, but Hayden I think is worse.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next