Let's look on the bright side...the further they move away from the book...

+16
Tinuviel
Eldorion
halfwise
Norc
Forest Shepherd
bungobaggins
leelee
Orwell
Pettytyrant101
chris63
Mrs Figg
Ringdrotten
Amarië
RA
Sinister71
malickfan
20 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Let's look on the bright side...the further they move away from the book... - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's look on the bright side...the further they move away from the book...

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:31 pm

Yep, her double is Kiera Knightly. Outside the palace it was rarely the true Padme wearing the make-up.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Let's look on the bright side...the further they move away from the book... - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's look on the bright side...the further they move away from the book...

Post by Norc Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:43 pm

keira knightly?!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:04 pm

hmm could be Armitage, looks more like Fili to me.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:03 pm

Norc wrote:btw. why is there two natalie portmans?
Have you ... have you never seen The Phantom Menace? Shocked

Norc wrote:keira knightly?!
There's a famous (among Star Wars fans) story that Keira Knightley's and Natalie Portman's mothers couldn't tell them apart on set. Knightley played Portman's handmaiden/body double in TPM.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:12 pm

I never saw any of the Nu-Star Wars, I did try to but I walked out of the first one in extreme boredom, there was an annoying little kid and this even more annoying thing. I later heard it was Jar Jar Binks. couldnt stand 5 minutes of it.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:40 pm

It's funny everyone moans about the star wars prequels, but Figgs you seem to be the only one who actually walked out...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:46 pm

Well the annoying...thing...was perhaps in the first 5 minutes. The annoying kid came later. I think you lasted more like 20 minutes, Figgs.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:47 pm

malickfan wrote:It's funny everyone moans about the star wars prequels, but Figgs you seem to be the only one who actually walked out...
I quite liked The Phantom Menace the first time I saw it. I was five years old and it was the first Star Wars movie I'd ever seen, because when I asked my parents if I could watch Star Wars (having heard about it at school) they didn't know that the original movie had been renamed Episode IV.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:51 pm

Yeah I guess I was the same I remember really enjoying the Prequels as a kid (I still like ROTS) perhaps more so than the originals (I still thnk the music and lightsaber battles in the prequels deserve alot of praise) but as I got older empty plots and flashing lights didn't seem to cut it anymore.

Empire Strikes back is definitely the best.

Jar Jar better be in Episode 7 Laughing

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:54 pm

One of the things I disliked most of the new films were the light saber fights- there is way to many of them, way to many, some people even have several lightsabers at once Mad 

It no longer seems like the elegant duelling weapon it was in the originals. Its just a lot of cgi and wire work bouncing everyone about now and a lightshow.
The fight between Luke and Vader in Empire is way better drama than any fight in the new films I reckon because its about something and its not something you see every five minutes of the film.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:03 pm

Well you can't deny (though you will) Obi Wan vs Vader in New hope was crap, a pair of lumbering old gits lazily hacking away at each other in front of a door, it didn't really work for me.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:06 pm

Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age.
Let's look on the bright side...the further they move away from the book... - Page 2 IWurrr6
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:08 pm

Well you can't deny (though you will) Obi Wan vs Vader in New hope was crap- Malick

I wont disagree its not a great on screen 'sword' fight, mainly due to age of one actor and the restrictions of the suit of the other- I would argue its still better drama however as the stakes are still meaningful to the story and the characters in a way none of the spectacle of the new films ever is.

Well illustrated Eldo Mad 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:10 pm

Hmm why is it Yoda leaps around like a ninja in 3, yet barely 18 years later in Empire he's crippled with arthritis...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:12 pm

When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:16 pm

What, so 882 is sprightly for Jedi?

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:33 pm

malickfan wrote:Well you can't deny (though you will) Obi Wan vs Vader in New hope was crap, a pair of lumbering old gits lazily hacking away at each other in front of a door, it didn't really work for me.

Oh you youngsters.  What you fail to realize is that was the first light saber fight ever seen.  That alone made it magnificent.  

An hour before that we saw Obi-wan cut off an arm in the blink of an eye, then after a perfectly timed pause retracted it into the surrounding silence, and the babble resumed.  An impeccable intro, leaving you wanting more.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:50 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:hmm could be Armitage, looks more like Fili to me.
yeah, i thought so too at first, but that didn't match up either in my head as fili (dean o'gorman) would've been a toddler.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:51 pm

Eldorion wrote:
Norc wrote:btw. why is there two natalie portmans?
Have you ... have you never seen The Phantom Menace? Shocked

Norc wrote:keira knightly?!
There's a famous (among Star Wars fans) story that Keira Knightley's and Natalie Portman's mothers couldn't tell them apart on set.  Knightley played Portman's handmaiden/body double in TPM.
what really? i thought they just used... two natalie portmans.. but i guess the crazy make up makes it easier to yeah.. wow... they're not that similar though.

(i've seen bits of phantom menace but as i was the only one wanting to watch it i got outvoted... )
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:54 pm

malickfan wrote:Well you can't deny (though you will) Obi Wan vs Vader in New hope was crap, a pair of lumbering old gits lazily hacking away at each other in front of a door, it didn't really work for me.

i think i know what you're thinking about and it looked shit.. Shrugging

i also hate jar jar, what an annoying dick! like those noisy american children series yuck.. gives me a headache.

i like when yoda is this fierce little thing Very Happy that is one thing i am looking forward to the new movies, he will have this latest super cgi!!! Very Happy might we expect a new gollum Very Happy

Last edited by Norc on Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:54 pm

No. No. No. Evil or Very Mad 

At least there was something going on emotionally between the characters. Obi-Wan is facing his old pupil and ultimately sacrifices himself for the mission. That saber fight is much better than anything in the prequels.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:56 pm

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:56 pm

maybe i should watch these.. originals.... Razz
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:14 pm

Norc wrote:maybe i should watch these.. originals.... Razz
Ahahaha.

F You
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:18 pm

why r u giving the the finger, eldo? i have watched some, but not in one go and not chronological!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next