Ringdrotten
halfwise
CC12 35
25 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Holidays and absences [2] - Page 40 Empty Re: Holidays and absences [2]

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:06 am

Hi everyone, I'm on a work-trip to my parent's homes in Minnesota. I'll be here for a week or so, and I'm planning on buying a truck while I'm here and driving back to California. It will be the third time I've crossed the country and my first time doing it alone. Needless to say the prospect fills me with both anticipation and nervous flutters in the belly.
I've already got an audiobook for the trip: the presumably excellent Way of Kings. I got it for free from audible; I used their one-month trial. Razz (I still had to somehow get it onto a CD format, so I'm downloading the .aa files they use, converting it to mp3 and then burning the result onto a stack of CDs I just picked up.)

I feel kind of typically ridiculous: getting an audiobook lined up for a trip that I am neither certain of, have not fully planned, and for which I do not yet have a car. Rolling Eyes

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:25 am

Hey temporary neighbor. Wave

Good luck with the truck hunt and your road trip. Thumbs Up

I've also got Way of Kings in my Kindle library. Just one item in the immense list of things I'll probably never get to.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:13 am

I feel kind of typically ridiculous: getting an audiobook lined up for a trip that I am neither certain of, have not fully planned, and for which I do not yet have a car- Forest

Sounds like every plan I have ever made Very Happy drunken

Good to have you about more for a week though cheers

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:45 am

I lurch from one crisis to another Rolling Eyes It makes life more interesting, no knowing whats gonna happen next Smile

Holidays and absences [2] - Page 40 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Holidays and absences [2] - Page 40 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:46 pm

I've always been very careful, and very slow to change. So I feel this is a good change for me. Here's to hoping that the good weather holds on the way back, and I won't need to drive south through New Mexico or something to avoid heavy weather in the mountains. I can't let the new truck get picked up by a storm giant after all!

Hey there back, neighbor. Lovely weather we're having! Wave

The thing is Petty, that I don't have the constituting power of buckie to fuel my rash decisions. One lacks the necessary brashness {{{brainlessness}}} without it to really commit oneself fully to ridiculous schemes.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:53 pm

It's a beautiful fall day, for sure. Nod

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:12 pm

on long journeys I used to live on Doritos and Coke. as in Cola. its all I needed, salt, sugar caffeine liquid and really bad fat. Very Happy  and a nice CD of music. and some hard core beta blockers. No actually beta blockers are orrible. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:44 pm

Where did you go on your road-trips Figgs?
And what are... beta blockers?
Sofa

I think I'll probably stop by the co-op before I leave and stock up on healthy and non-perishable road-food.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:56 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:Where did you go on your road-trips Figgs?
And what are... beta blockers?
Sofa

I think I'll probably stop by the co-op before I leave and stock up on healthy and non-perishable road-food.

beta blockers are supposed to help with anxiety, stage fright and all that jazz, but it can make you feel zonked out so its not a good idea to drive. healthy road food? so raw carrots then. No give me Doritos extra spicy any day. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:11 pm

Raw carrots!
Well.. yes. But other things too!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:43 pm

I hope your trip is going well, Forest. Smile I've wanted to drive across the country for some time -- I think I started seriously considering it during my last year of college -- but I didn't want to do it alone and since I started working I haven't had that much time off in a row anymore.  But it might be something fun to do if I'm between jobs for a while in the future.

NB hope you enjoy The Way of Kings.  I had a fun enough time reading it over a long camping weekend last year, though not enough to keep coming back to it after that trip ended.  But I know a lot of people who swear by Sanderson and the Stormlight Archive seems to be generally considered his finest work so far.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:28 pm

where's Lance got to?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:22 am

I want to do the route 66 drive from Chi-town to Cali.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:27 am

Forest Shepherd wrote:Raw carrots!
Well.. yes. But other things too!

Holidays and absences [2] - Page 40 Male_and_female_carrots_sex_vegetab

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:23 am

Mad

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:11 am

Forest Shepherd wrote:Mad

scratch

-------

http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1241

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down