Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
17 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Doctor Who [2] - Page 15 Empty Re: Doctor Who [2]

Post by Amarië Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:53 am

Hrmf.... Evil or Very Mad
Now I no longer feel like telling that I dreamt Amy was totally flirting with Petty. Snobbybitchyobnoxious faced and all. So there!

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:00 pm

Well, I like how Petty just ignored me. Really? U expect everyone to just nod and aknowledge your hatred of PJ's Lotr but when you hear critisism towards your dear Doctor you take it almost as a personal insult and start rambling about women being jelous and you being scottish and whatever. Just say you're sorry or misunderstood or whatever. Nod and say "okay, that's how you feel." can't you see that you're going nowhere with this discussion? jeeeez..

(can I have some popcorn too? I hope I struck a cord there Wink )

Last edited by Norc on Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:02 pm

jævla kverulante nisse.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:02 pm

oh, sorry.. you're a scotsman... you wouldn't understand that.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:59 pm

Norc I did not ignore you- I answered your previous post above (perhaps you were to excited about the chance to get an insult in against me you missed it!).
And I stand by my original complaint- you can not like Amy and Rory thats fine- feel free- but I still find the terms in which Amarie and Mrs Figg originally put their complaints were unwarranted and unfair and as I read them, had little if anything to do with her performance- they just seemed like personal attaks to me. And even if it were a cheeky Fjordian like you Norc I would have defended you against similar. So I have not made any apoligy because I never apoligise for defending a womans honour and I'm not about to start now.
I often critisice Who - I find much to crit durng the last few series of the classic run, I'm not a fan of the Pertwee years and I loathed much of the RTD period. If I havent complained much since Moffat took over its for the same reason I havent complained much about Sherlock- I am finding little to complain about.

I for one would like to know more about any dream involving me and Amy, Amarie. Nod

At least its nice to see some decorum and sense for Her Majesty though- can always rely on Queen Tin for level headed sound words.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:37 pm

complaints about someones acting are personal opinions and you will just have to deal with it. We did not complain about her personal appearance, we commented on her FACIAL EXPRESSIONS, HER ACTING; NOT HER FACE. and if you still dont get it, and say you were wrong as you clearly were, its a waste of time us even commenting. Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:42 pm

Mrs Figg I am not denying your opinion of her perfomrmance- no less than you can deny me the opinion that I found those terms used offensive-whether you intended them to be or not. They offended me as I felt they were personal - what has the length of her skirt to do with her performance? Or describing her as an obnoxiousbitchyface to do with her ability as an actress? I dont see it. They just seem like cheap shots to me.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:14 pm

we were not commenting on her as a human being, that would be ridiculous, never met the kid.
Her facial expressions as an actress however we are perfectly entitled to comment on. Its like you saying Tennant always gurns or pulls too many faces when he acts, you are not commenting on him as an individual or a man you are saying his acting can be a bit cheesy. So we are saying that Amy is a bit wooden and has a continual scowl, its not a cheap shot, its an opinion. ABOUT ACTING. are you for real? No

I have the impression you are pulling my plonker for a joke, cos you cant be serious. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:28 pm

Obviously my smashing uniform does not radiate as much authority I hoped it would. Pass me the popcorn, then, Halfwise Nod

Doctor Who [2] - Page 15 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:29 pm

But the scowling is the acting- if you watch Karen Gillan on Confidential or in interviews she is a bit kooky and almost continously laughing or smiling- the fact she s not like this as Amy in anyway means the scowling is part of Amy, and no wonder, she remembers several different versions of her own childhood, and a few other things as well, and her life has irrepairable been messed up by the Doctor. For me what you see as her being unable to act I see as exactly th eopposite, she is portraying the wounded Amy who has put up this shield, this front of coldness to deal with it all.
One of my favourite 'cold Amy' lines, and which made me shed a tear for both her pain and the Doctors, was in Amy's Choice when (for the first time!) Rory dies in her amrs and she begs the Doctor to save him.
Amy "Save him. You save everybody you always do. It's what you do."
Doctor "Not always.......I'm sorry."
Amy "Then what is the point of you?"

Her delivery of that final line gets me every time. And also in the same episode her emotion laden outburst on contemplating her future without Rory, "Because if this is real. I don't want It! I don't want it."

And no I wasnt pulling anything, I really did think some of the remarks were below the belt, if I read them wrong fair enough, but at least allow me the right to read them wrong and react in that light appropriately, you have to at least concede such comments are open to being taken other than meant- I found what you said would be more analgous to be critiscing Tennant for poor acting because he wore his shirts delibretly to tight to attract the fangirls.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:44 pm

I get that you think she is a good actress and that is fair enough, I just have to go off my own opinions and instincts, I dont like her acting and thats fair enough too. Its not because she is a woman with a short skirt its beacause in my opinion its the same as Tennants tight shirt, a ruse to get the fanboys going gaga to cover the fact that her acting is blah, that is my take on it, I thought it was a cynical marketing ploy, thats what I was critisizing not Karen the person, its not her fault. I get that she moves you, like Rose moved me.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:50 pm

I understand you better now Mrs Figg (and you hope you also undertand now why I took offence). I don't think it was anyhtin gto do with markting however- as the short skirts were Karen Gillians idea as she thought that's how Amy would dress, its in the Confidential episode for the 11th Hour. In the Comic Relief special Rory taunts her for only passing her driving test because of a very short skirt- thats just Amy. (Theres also the silurian two parter where they end up in wales when the Doctor was supposed to be takin gthem to Rio and she is ina tiny skirt and keeps having to explain to people "I dressed for Rio"-not sure thats relevant, but it makes me laug every time).

And because I happened to be looking for that Amy clip here the brilliant Toby Jones in the same episode making his debut as the Dream Lord.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:29 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:Obviously my smashing uniform does not radiate as much authority I hoped it would. Pass me the popcorn, then, Halfwise Nod

Oh, I wouldn't say that. You should have seen the post I was going to post before I read your post.

(... and since I just said post three times in a row, I naturally thought about Radioresepsjonen. Postkasse. Postkasse. Postkasse. )

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:33 pm

Now I am somewhat curious. Suspect

Further thought on short skirts (never a bad thing)- its a long standing Who tradition the actors have a lot to do with chossing their costumes- Karen is responsible for the skirts and Matt is responsible for the tweed jacket and the bowtie.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:40 pm

It had science, pink elephants and a barrel ride.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:51 pm

Amarië wrote:

(... and since I just said post three times in a row, I naturally thought about Radioresepsjonen. Postkasse. Postkasse. Postkasse. )

Laughing Laughing

Doctor Who [2] - Page 15 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:09 pm

POSTKASSE! Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:29 am

Eventually did track down Rose- you can watch it here. I had no problems on the site (you need to lose the ad covering the sceen -the x in the top right corenr, but other than that was fine but as always may be a different experience if you dont have ad blocks and up to date protection etc-in other words, plays fine for me so not my fault if you have any hassles!)

http://www.peteava.ro/id-584613-doctor-who-s01e01

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:48 pm

Brilliant Petty I watched it with no problems and with great pleasure, its got one of the best endings, it gets me every time. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:58 pm

No problem Mrs Figg. Always happy to share enjoyment of Who. I may try to see if I can find a few other Eccy ones- Fathers Day (probably my personal favourite Rose episode with the 9th Doctor) and the WW2 two parter spring to mind.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:04 pm

Dalek (not a huge fan of this- there are a couple of cracking scenes but not enough, but worth it just for the scene where the Doctor meets the Dalek)

http://www.peteava.ro/id-585913-doctor-who-s01e06

Father's Day

http://www.peteava.ro/id-585922-doctor-who-s01e08

The Empty Child (1st of two parter-this and the next episode are Moffats first for NUwho).)

http://www.peteava.ro/id-586100-doctor-who-s01e09

The Doctor Dances (Part Two)

http://www.peteava.ro/id-585150-doctor-who-s01e10

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:56 am

Some nice vids.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:35 am

In the spirit of the upcoming anniversary heres a curio. The 20th Anniversary (duringthe Davidson, the 5th Doctors run-theone in the cricket gear and who wears a leek) was marked by the 5 Doctors. Although the names a bit misleading as only 4 of them are in it (the 4th, Baker refused to be in it, he only appears in a few scenes taken from footage from the unbroadcast episode Shada).
However this version has been rescored by an avid fan using music from Nuwho. Its an intresting blend of the old and the new.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:07 pm

Filming in NY.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:11 pm

And for those missed them first time I put 'em up- heres the wrap party videos made for when Tennant ended his time as the Doctor.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next