Mrs Figg
Orwell
Eldorion
Lorient Avandi
Pettytyrant101
24 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Religous debates and questions - Page 25 Empty Re: Religous debates and questions

Post by Orwell Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:20 pm

{{{Note to self: Laughing }}}

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Religous debates and questions - Page 25 Empty Re: Religous debates and questions

Post by Orwell Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:23 pm

azriel wrote:but going back to more serious stuff, wet pussies not withstanding, (they get kinda curly,have you noticed?) No ones concluded, as far as I know, about why there is Stonehenge & what its actually there for. There are several other sites around the world quite like Stonehenge. People are still guessing how Stonehenge was erected, (Im guessing water power of some sort ?) Many are thinking its to do with Astrology & Druids & sacrifices etc.

Eric Von Daniken had sensible and simple explanations for these kinds of things, which I see no reason to doubt - visitors from Outer Space. Nod

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:28 pm

Stone henges' rites and exact functions (there may have been more than one) we will probably never know but it certainly functions as a working calendar. You can plant your harvest by it, its very accurate, and you can predict eclipses, as well as chart the path of stars across the night sky (when its not cloudy) with a remarkable degee of precision and minumum equipment- mainly a sighting stick.
But it was only a part of a much larger complex. On the opposite side of it was another henge, just as large but of wood. Which is why it remained unknown for so long.
The current thinking is that the stone henge is not in a fact a 'working' henge at all, but a monument of a henge dedicated to the dead and ancestor worship.
The wooden henge was the 'working' henge- the henge of the living.
I like this theory personally as it fits other observations.

The tradition of commorating the dead in stone can also be seen in barrows where the dead are entombed in stone inside a man made hill and in cyst burials where the remains are put into a dug hole and capped with a pile of stone, these date from the same period and same people, the grooved ware people (named after their pottery) so the thinking matches.
And today we still put up headstones to the dead.
The association between stone and the dead is an old one.

Dammit Orwell- why didnt I think of aliens! alien

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:36 pm

Ha, you may scoff, but,in certain parts of the world there are very old stones with carvings that look like our latter day spacemen,(cant spell astronaut) The stones have been carbon dated as best as poss,& they have turned out to be pre-history. How could ancient man carve even crude pics unless they witnessed them? they drew the animals of their day because they saw them or hunted them. Why is it that we,as humans,seem to think we are the only ones in the universe. Mind you,there are those who wholly believe in "spacemen", & unless its proved one way or another, why not?. We evolved here,why not other life forms evolving also ? Are these the "Gods" that primative man created ?

Religous debates and questions - Page 25 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Religous debates and questions - Page 25 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:48 pm

I have 7 pussies and none of them are curly. Shocked they sometimes come back home covered in strange oily stuff tho. I think they like sitting under cars for some reason. Gives me an awful shock when I start my car and a pussy whooshes out from under me. Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:53 pm

Slugs seem to be attracted to my pussy, I dont know why ?, The sticky slug goo is very hard to get out, & leaves a nasty smear!

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:55 pm

I have been through all the von daniken like stuff. The vast bulk of it, sadly, falls apart under close inspection and when you get into the archeology of it all.
Dont get me wrong, there are some genuine 'irregularities' in the record.
Perhaps one of the best is the Bagdad Battery, which is about 2000 years old.

'A 6-inch-high pot of bright yellow clay dating back two millennia contained a cylinder of sheet-copper 5 inches by 1.5 inches. The edge of the copper cylinder was soldered with a 60-40 lead-tin alloy comparable to today's solder. The bottom of the cylinder was capped with a crimped-in copper disk and sealed with bitumen or asphalt. Another insulating layer of asphalt sealed the top and also held in place an iron rod suspended into the center of the copper cylinder. The rod showed evidence of having been corroded with an acidic agent.'

Religous debates and questions - Page 25 Bat1b

And its definetly a battery- you can make one and run stuff off it. But its unlikely the technology of alien vistors.
Stuff like this happens, ideas sometimes come round more than once.
Van Daniken sites the Antikythera mechanism, an object from Greece circa 100bc in some of his evidence. He claimed it was some alien tech, evidence of an advanced culture.
Since then its been fully scanned.
It is a clockwork device of exquiste intricacy and design- worthy of the finest swiss watch maker. Compact enough to be carried.

Religous debates and questions - Page 25 300px-NAMA_Machine_d27AnticythC3A8r

Religous debates and questions - Page 25 220px-Antikythera_mechanism

Religous debates and questions - Page 25 500px-Antikythera-justtrain-horiz

It seems out of place but its not, there are mention of many different such devices in writings of the time, of which we have no idea what most were. Some seem to be clockwork orrerries for example.
Archemedes wrote a paper on the construction of these mechanisms of spheres, sadly its lost and we only know about it by reference to it in other work.
It was a technology mastered in that time in that cultrure, then lost again for a milenium before being discovered again anew.

For the record I believe life is common throughout the universe. We already know that there are bacteria that can happily survive hurtling through the void of space on a lump of rock, give life enough time and it will get there.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:55 pm

Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:58 pm

There was a program on tv the other day about that. The worlds oldest computer. I missed it Surprised

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:01 pm

I remember watching a TV prog about that "Greek Computer", (that what they called it) It was found under the sea wasnt it ? I thought it was brilliant, a fascinating prog & amazinly built piece of work !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:01 pm

http://io9.com/5441889/advanced-imaging-reveals-a-computer-1500-years-ahead-of-its-time

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:05 pm

Its a beautiful device, work of a genius probably. But not an alien one.

Same goes for the battery, which was probably used for electro-plating jewellery.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:08 pm

Little green men have 3 very nimble fingers tis said Wink

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:15 pm

The Bible tells us that God created Adam and Eve just a few thousand years ago, by some fundamentalist interpretations. Science informs us that this is mere fiction and that man is a few million years old, and that civilization just tens of thousands of years old. Could it be, however, that conventional science is just as mistaken as the Bible stories? There is a great deal of archeological evidence that the history of life on earth might be far different than what current geological and anthropological texts tell us. Consider these astonishing finds:Religous debates and questions - Page 25 Ica_stone_lg
Religous debates and questions - Page 25 Coso_lg
Religous debates and questions - Page 25 Ancient-springs

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:17 pm

https://youtu.be/UeTjE2sxhnA

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:29 pm

The Ica Stones are highly dubious. They were supposedly found in a cave by a farmer, a cave that has never been identified let alone studied- this means they are impossible to date. That and the farmer later admitted he didnt find them in a cave at all.

There are some genuine stones with genuine ica artwork which were recorded in the 16th century, but not the ones with humans and domesticated dinosaurs, or with telescopes and the like.

Im afraid the corso artifact- a spark plug inside a genode dated to 50,000 years old is even worse as an example.
There are a lot of problems here. Firstly we know neither who the geologist was who supposedly dated it, or what method he used to date it. Especially as at the time there was no way to date an object of that age.
The other main problem is the process can happen quickly, within a scientifically observable period of time, as little as a few years to a decade.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:39 pm

I agree, I just used those images as a "stir-up", The Turin Shroud is another anomaly, I saw the Shroud on a visit to Torino one year. Whether its fake or real,it does take your breath away,just because "what IF its true", if it is..theres Christ, the church can laugh its socks off all the way to Heaven, if its not... then what are you gonna say ? I,dont believe it is true,well, not an imprint of Christ,son of God. But "man" does like his little conundrums doesnt "he". Crucifixions were quite common back in the day, this Shroud,in actual fact could be ANYONE. "Oh,but it looks like Jesus" Ive heard say, What ! thats only modern day interpretation of Christs image. How does anyone really know how Christ looked ?

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:43 pm

He must look like me. When people see me the first thing they say is, jesus christ Laughing

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:46 pm

I forgot to say earlier, but the visitors came here in Space Chariots... Case closed. Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:56 pm

I was begining to think I was the Messiah, My partner often says to me..."Oh God, Oh God" Shocked

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:07 am

lol!

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:26 am

lol!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:38 am

Orwell wrote:I forgot to say earlier, but the visitors came here in Space Chariots... Case closed. Very Happy

edit: Sorry, I thought you said "Space Carrots". Nevermind...... Embarassed
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:51 am

What do you get if you cross a Jehovah's Witness and a Unitarian?
A: Someone who goes around knocking on doors for no apparent reason.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic schizophrenic?
He was in two minds as to whether there's a dog!

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:20 pm

JERUSALEM — More than six decades since the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls — and thousands of years after they were written — Israel on Tuesday put 5,000 images of the ancient biblical artifacts online in a partnership with Google.

The digital library contains the Book of Deuteronomy, which includes the second listing of the Ten Commandments, and a portion of the first chapter of the Book of Genesis, dated to the first century B.C.

Israeli officials said this is part of an attempt by the custodians of the celebrated manuscripts — often criticized for allowing them to be monopolized by small circles of scholars — to make them broadly available.

"Only five conservators worldwide are authorized to handle the Dead Sea Scrolls," said Shuka Dorfman, director of the Israel Antiquities Authority. "Now, everyone can touch the scroll on screen around the globe."

The scrolls, considered one of the most significant archaeological finds of the 20th century, are thought to have been written or collected by an ascetic Jewish sect that fled Jerusalem to the desert 2,000 years ago and settled at Qumran.

http://www.google.com/culturalinstitute/about/deadseascroll.html
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next