Lancebloke
halfwise
Pettytyrant101
8 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Holidays and absences [3] - Page 8 Empty Re: Holidays and absences [3]

Post by azriel Sat Sep 07, 2024 1:31 pm

Thats so nice you are still with the same lady, 7 years ! its all whizzing past so quick. Mmmm, dont go furking lurking, or murking in the darking Smile

Holidays and absences [3] - Page 8 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Holidays and absences [3] - Page 8 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:49 pm

dont go furking lurking, or murking in the darking- Az

{{ He works nightshift, those are in the job description of any good nightshift job Twisted Evil
I once got asked by a guest in middle of night as I was doing a round 'what you doing sneaking about the hotel at night?', told him sneaking about the hotel at night was pretty much my job description. Very Happy

And glad to hear all is going well for you Malick, I still do a few nights a week inbetween the care work, and I did nightshift for 7 years straight, 12 hours shifts. Once you get into the routine of it it has its benefits; you get the whole world to yourself, you are your own boss, you get to see the dawn (particually nice if you happen to work in a hotel with massive sea views) and most bad shit happens during the day, your not gettng an unexpected council tax bill, or court summons, or some other bit of nastiness at your door at 3am, all the bad stuff you sleep through it all! Nod }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Sep 08, 2024 7:50 am

azriel wrote:Thats so nice you are still with the same lady, 7 years ! its all whizzing past so quick.  Mmmm, dont go furking lurking, or murking in the darking Smile

Yeah we are still going strong and still very much in love I love you everyday we spend together is a blessing. We are each others first and only romantic partners so admittedly I don't have anything else to compare it to, but I must be doing something right I guess to have lasted this long. The funny thing was I wasn't even looking for or even thinking about a relationship when I met her, I hadn't asked anyone out since I was 14 I think but asked her out as a friend about three weeks after meeting her I just had this feeling there was a spark between us and a few casual dates later we became official, life takes some very surprising directions sometimes.

Hopefully I won't be lurking as much, but as Petty says murking in the darking is kinda what us night workers do Laughing

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:05 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:dont go furking lurking, or murking in the darking- Az

{{ He works nightshift, those are in the job description of any good nightshift job Twisted Evil
I once got asked by a guest in middle of night as I was doing a round 'what you doing sneaking about the hotel at night?',  told him sneaking about the hotel at night was pretty much my job description.  Very Happy

And glad to hear all is going well for you Malick, I still do a few nights a week inbetween the care work, and I did nightshift for 7 years straight, 12 hours shifts. Once you get into the routine of it it has its benefits; you get the whole world to yourself, you are your own boss, you get to see the dawn (particually nice if you happen to work in a hotel with massive sea views) and most bad shit happens during the day, your not gettng an unexpected council tax bill, or court summons, or some other bit of nastiness at your door at 3am, all the bad stuff you sleep through it all! Nod }}

Hey Petty great to stop by and chat to you guys/gals/hobbits again Smile I've mostly always worked retail and this is no different (I've been on nightshift at a local supermarket for nearly 4 years now) but I've definitely grown to prefer working nights over days (and not just for the generous night rate) it's a very fast paced job but the managers have always run things with a very laid back chill approach, we can just knuckle down and do the job but have a laugh/chat and not worry about annoying customers asking stupid questions...it's very busy but also weirdly peaceful?

Working nights isn't for everyone, and I think most of us are slightly weird in our own ways Laughing scratch It does kill your social life outside of work a bit (not that I really had one to loose ) but overall it's a sacrifice I'm glad to make, my mental wellbeing has massively improved since I switched to nights (which isn't something you hear very often  Laughing ) and it keeps me quite fit probably do the equivalent of  7 or 8 miles walking a night.

Still surprising how little sleep I can function on sometimes, if anything I sometimes get more tired on my days off...I'm typing this having just got home from a shift and already feeling the call of my bed... Sleep

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Sep 08, 2024 3:34 pm

It seems you'd be having your social life before work rather than after. Which would feel a bit odd.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Sep 08, 2024 5:55 pm

I love it, its romantic and its so nice to hear good news instead of all the doom and gloom there is these days. Good on you Malick ! enjoy every moment, it seems you are meant to be flower

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:27 pm

Holidays and absences [3] - Page 8 Videoc10
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:41 pm

What, you came back for more!?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:18 pm

well that looks magical......

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Sep 18, 2024 3:09 am

Halfy - and it won't be the last time I'm sure!

Az - yes, wasn't the greatest pic with the gloomy clouds. How about these...?

Holidays and absences [3] - Page 8 Videoc17

Holidays and absences [3] - Page 8 Videoc16

Holidays and absences [3] - Page 8 Videoc15

Holidays and absences [3] - Page 8 20240910

Holidays and absences [3] - Page 8 20240911

Holidays and absences [3] - Page 8 20240912
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Sep 18, 2024 4:06 am

{{ Impressive but not very clean. There's a big bloody mouse running about in one of those photos! Shocked They want to get some traps down, or get a cat in, soon sort him out. Twisted Evil }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Sep 18, 2024 3:55 pm

woo hoo ! That looks bloody marvellous Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:39 am

That first pic is perhaps the best rendition of Goldberry I've seen.

Please don't tell me them Stormtroopers are about to break into a Rockettes style song and dance routine.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8