Mrs Figg
Forest Shepherd
malickfan
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
15 posters

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

GUYS GUYS!! LOOK !! LOOK!! [2] - Page 9 Empty Re: GUYS GUYS!! LOOK !! LOOK!! [2]

Post by Eldorion Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:09 am

...right on schedule Rolling Eyes
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

GUYS GUYS!! LOOK !! LOOK!! [2] - Page 9 Empty Re: GUYS GUYS!! LOOK !! LOOK!! [2]

Post by Bluebottle Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:26 am

Hey, if you don't, don't, nothing wrong with that. That is perfectly fine. I just don't get the totalitarian approach, the "never". Always try, I'd say. And then if you don't like it, keep it at trying. The complete, no, never, I do not get. It is a fear about making your mind up at merit.

But, not saying this is the approach of either of you Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:40 am

Agh! The skip in that gif is eye-boggling if you watch it too closely.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:54 am

Bluebottle wrote:if you don't like it, keep it at trying.

Why did you drop Game of Thrones, then? Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:03 am

Well, I am not saying you should reread and reread Fifty Shades of Grey just to see if one day you might like it. Razz Nor would I tell you to retry bud light or whatever whenever a can is on offer. I guess what I am trying to say, especially if you get into craft beer or wine, is that winery and brewery makes highly specialized products in infinite variation. That is what makes it all so facinating. So, you should always try, something new, because that is, to me, what is interesting about alcohol. The millenias of history and specialization. The fact that in Italy you have thousands of grape varieties, and thousands of villages all making a highly specialized kind of wine. Wine is culture, history and regional specialization, all in a bottle Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:14 am

I can hear Petty's outraged crabbit already...- Forest

{{{For Eru's sake will no one think of the poor apples?! Mad

Congrats on your post count Malick!! cheers pub }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:58 am

Eldorion wrote:
Forest Shepherd wrote:I mean, I'd stick out like a sore thumb because I don't drink

Perhaps I'm being selfish but I'd appreciate not being the only one harassed about not drinking at a hypothetical future moot. Pokey Tongue

You and Forrest can stick to weed and magic mushrooms instead then Razz Nod

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:59 am

Bluebottle wrote:Always try, I'd say. And then if you don't like it, keep it at trying. The complete, no, never, I do not get. It is a fear about making your mind up at merit.

*cough* The Hobbit Trilogy *cough*

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:05 am

Well, admittedly, I struggled several times to watch the first two Hobbit movies all the way through, the last I saw in cinema, and it was such a bad movie that its absolute lack of depth and meaning became a spectacle in itself, but at least I did try. Repeatedly, in the case of the first movie. Razz

I struggle to make it past the bunny sled and the visit to Rivendell..

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:06 am

Bluebottle wrote:Well, I am not saying you should reread and reread Fifty Shades of Grey just to see if one day you might like it. Razz Nor would I tell you to retry bud light or whatever whenever a can is on offer. I guess what I am trying to say, especially if you get into craft beer or wine, is that winery and brewery makes highly specialized products in infinite variation. That is what makes it all so facinating. So, you should always try, something new, because that is, to me, what is interesting about alcohol. The millenias of history and specialization. The fact that in Italy you have thousands of grape varieties, and thousands of villages all making a highly specialized kind of wine. Wine is culture, history and regional specialization, all in a bottle Smile

I don't drink that much, and very rarely drink to get drunk (honestly I can't really drink that much anymore, and my bad hangovers are always really bad) so I have a slightly different point of view to a lot of people, I drink because I genuinely like the taste of some beers/ciders and enjoy the social aspect it brings, nothing wrong with having a sensible attitude to drinking and having a drink now and again, far too many people treat getting drunk all the time as a badge of pride, sure it's fun but its expensive and bad for your health...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:06 am

Bluebottle wrote:Well, admittedly, I struggled several times to watch the first two Hobbit movies all the way through, the last I saw in cinema, and it was such a bad movie that its absolute lack of depth and meaning became a spectacle in itself, but at least I did try. Repeatedly, in the case of the first movie. Razz

I haven't watched any of them in probably two or three years cheers :carrot: and I don't have any plans to anytime soon.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:33 pm

I don't drink Very Happy Use to smoke like a chimney now I just puff like a train Very Happy

GUYS GUYS!! LOOK !! LOOK!! [2] - Page 9 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

GUYS GUYS!! LOOK !! LOOK!! [2] - Page 9 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:02 pm

But wait.. that's worse! Trains put out tons more smoke than chimneys!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:25 pm

Bluebottle wrote:Well, admittedly, I struggled several times to watch the first two Hobbit movies all the way through, the last I saw in cinema, and it was such a bad movie that its absolute lack of depth and meaning became a spectacle in itself, but at least I did try. Repeatedly, in the case of the first movie. Razz

omg i had forgotten about the bunny sled. The hobbit movies, especially the last one, is just an experience i rather much want to forget. My hopes and dreams are that it will be a remake in about 20 years, like all the disney movies now..

also.. a movie about Roverandom would be delightful.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:26 pm

But you loved them when they first came out. Have you....uh....evolved since then?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:51 pm

I envisage more like regenerated, like doctor who Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:21 pm

halfwise wrote:But you loved them when they first came out.  Have you....uh....evolved since then?

Norc has simply grown older and presumably wiser (or more cynical), it happens to us all, hard to believe it's more than 7 years since Jackson was announced to be returning Shocked

GUYS GUYS!! LOOK !! LOOK!! [2] - Page 9 RAFP13z

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:20 pm

malickfan wrote:hard to believe it's more than 7 years since Jackson was announced to be returning Shocked

And, as of tomorrow, ten year since the project was initially confirmed. Shocked
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:28 pm

Eldorion wrote:
malickfan wrote:hard to believe it's more than 7 years since Jackson was announced to be returning Shocked

And, as of tomorrow, ten year since the project was initially confirmed. Shocked

Shocked affraid No pale

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:51 pm

Just noticed that Norc is only 15 posts shy of 19,000 and that, given her current posting rate, she might actually make it there soon! Shocked cheers
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:02 pm

Happy 19K, Norclet! Norway
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:04 pm

wll why thank you haha Very Happy glad you noticed Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:35 am

8.63 posts per day! Goodness!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:59 am

Congratulations Norc Very Happy

GUYS GUYS!! LOOK !! LOOK!! [2] - Page 9 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

GUYS GUYS!! LOOK !! LOOK!! [2] - Page 9 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:26 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:8.63 posts per day! Goodness!

what? me? how? that can't be right... also.. thinking of the major break i had these last years, that number must've been higher in the beginning of my foruming career Shocked

also... now late in december, i'm realizing i have been on this forum for 6 years now...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next