halfwise
bungobaggins
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
Norc
19 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 33 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [6]

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:34 am

malickfan wrote:Oh blimey! Shocked

I hope that was someone playing a prank...
It's probably just that someone photo-shopped the woman's arm out of the right side of the picture, so that it appears the hand is coming from nowhere.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 33 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [6]

Post by Norc Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:47 pm

Probably ruined the paper so it might turn out like shit, but i wanted to draw the trio after well over a year of not doing that. Wonder if the style has changed?
Just...................whatever [6] - Page 33 Image10
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:19 pm

I really don't have the patience to make this pretty
Just...................whatever [6] - Page 33 Image12
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:46 pm

I do love Canadians!  cheers
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/sudbury-man-punches-black-bear-1.3663954

Man punches a bear in Ontario and walks away with only scratches

A 61-year-old man from northern Ontario said he was lucky to walk away with only scratches after facing off against a 320lb black bear with only his fists and the skills gleaned from years of featherweight boxing.

Rick Nelson was walking his dog outside the city of Sudbury on Sunday when a black bear cub poked its head out of a shrub some three feet away from him. “It was so close I could touch it. It let out a yelp, because I scared the heck out of it,” he said.

As his dog barked at the cub, the former bear hunter knew he only had seconds to spare before the cub’s mother would arrive to defend her cub. “I knew right away I was in trouble,” he told the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. “It’s calling for mommy.”

He soon heard a crashing noise in the bushes. “The mother was coming full speed,” he said. “And it came and it meant business.” The bear stood on her hind legs as she eyed him.

Nelson looked around him. He had nothing to fight off the bear – no rocks or sticks – but he had spent a lot of time in the ring perfecting his boxing technique.

As the bear took a swing at him, Nelson responded with a right-hand jab, grazing the bear’s lips and teeth and tearing up his knuckles in the process. The bear struck back, carving inches-long gashes into Nelson’s face and chest.

Nelson readied himself to take another swing at the bear. “I knew it would swing first with its left but it would really come with its right, because most bears are right-handed,” he said.

This time his punch landed exactly as he had hoped. “I did an underhand and hit it right in the snout,” he said. “Believe me, when you’ve got adrenaline pumping, you can hit. Even at 61 with grey hair, you can still hit hard.”

The cub let out another squeal and begin to amble out of the area. “Now it was the moment of truth. What’s this bear going to do? Is it going to follow its cub … or is it going to come back after me?” Nelson said. “To tell you the truth, that was the only time I was afraid … I had no chance, I didn’t stand a prayer. This bear was 320lbs and when it stood up it’s taller than I am.”

He braced himself. “It turned around and it was snorting blood. It looked at me, and I thought, ‘Oh no. Here it comes,’” he said. “It just turned back around and walked away like nothing ever happened and followed the cub. So I really lucked out there.”

He spoke to CBC one day after the attack, telling the broadcaster that, despite his encounter, people have little reason to fear black bears. “Black bears really aren’t dangerous unless you have a cub involved,” he said. “Probably they’re more afraid of you and [me] than we are of them.”

He was quick to acknowledge, however, that his close call could easily have turned out very differently. “I’m really glad that the bear walked away. And I’m really glad I did, too.”

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:36 pm

{{{{ Those sketches are looking good Norc Nod - post the finished versions too please! }}}

{{{Dave- thats a hell f a tale! Need to remember if i ever find myself face to face with an angry bear that they tend to be right handed. Wonder if a buckie bottle over the head would work too?}}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:46 am

Y'know, I can't say I ever really stopped to wonder before if bears were predominately right- or left-handed. I wonder if there are animals that are predominately left-handed/pawed.

Also, thanks for posting your sketches, Norc! Good to see you around; hope you've been well. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:10 pm

I'm still impressed by a guy who notices whether bears are left- or right-handed too! I've seen hundreds of them and never once thought about it before.

Let me know how the buckie bottle over the head works, Petty. I'm guessing the bottle will get the worst of it. Nod
The general wisdom is that the only place a bear feels pain is the tip of the nose. Everywhere else just translates as anger affraid

As for bad ass 61 year old Canadians, I was reminded of this guy from several years ago:
Man Jumped by Cougar Kills It With Pocketknife
August 03, 2002|From Times Wire Reports

A 61-year-old man was seriously mauled in a battle with a cougar in British Columbia, but he managed to kill the animal with his pocketknife, Canadian officials said.

Dave Parker was jumped from behind while walking on a road a mile south of Port Alice, a village on Vancouver Island. Officials said that as he was being mauled, Parker managed to reach for his 3-inch knife and slit the 100-pound adult male cat's throat.

Despite extensive wounds, Parker managed to walk about a mile for help. He underwent surgery and was listed in critical but stable condition.

Some of the nicest people I know are Canadians, just don't sneak up behind them! pale No

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:25 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/figure-crazy-optical-illusion-works-151756027.html

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:29 pm

I knew a Canadian once while I was in Africa.  One of the school kids had fun making up stories about him: how once when he had a flat tire he picked up that end of the truck and set it on his knee, unscrewed the wheel nuts with his fingers, put on the new tire and drove away.

David H wrote:I'm still impressed by a guy who notices whether bears are left- or right-handed too! I've seen hundreds of them and never once thought about it before.

Let me know how the buckie bottle over the head works, Petty. I'm guessing the bottle will get the worst of it. Nod
The general wisdom is that the only place a bear feels pain is the tip of the nose. Everywhere else just translates as anger  affraid

As for bad ass 61 year old Canadians, I was reminded of this guy from several years ago:
Man Jumped by Cougar Kills It With Pocketknife
August 03, 2002|From Times Wire Reports

A 61-year-old man was seriously mauled in a battle with a cougar in British Columbia, but he managed to kill the animal with his pocketknife, Canadian officials said.

Dave Parker was jumped from behind while walking on a road a mile south of Port Alice, a village on Vancouver Island. Officials said that as he was being mauled, Parker managed to reach for his 3-inch knife and slit the 100-pound adult male cat's throat.

Despite extensive wounds, Parker managed to walk about a mile for help. He underwent surgery and was listed in critical but stable condition.

Some of the nicest people I know are Canadians, just don't sneak up behind them! pale No

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:55 am

Set up and ready for the Royal International Air Tattoo 2016... starts in 6 minutes with a Polish F16. Expect photos tomorrow!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:17 am

{{{Have a great day Lance, looking forward to seeing your photos Nod }}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:09 pm

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 33 13606432_1113610718675912_2451639909965906044_n

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:09 pm

Laughing

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 33 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 33 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:35 pm

I've enjoyed your photos from the Air Tattoo before Lance. Hope it goes well and you get lots of good shots. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:00 pm

The light wasn't very good for photos today. I took a load but will have to see how they came out when I get them in my laptop.

Good show though!

Edit - I have taken a quick look through my photos (246 of them) and there are some reasonable ones. The overcast sky really caused issues focusing on the planes which were also generally grey/dark coloured.

Overcast sky also creates a false sense of protection against the sun; my pink face can attest to that!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:04 pm

{{{Looking forward to seeing them Lance. Thumbs Up }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:00 pm

Here you go.

http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t1308-royal-international-air-tattoo-2016
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:36 am

http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/12/sorry-guys-but-the-world-is-going-to-end-in-a-global-apocalypse-on-july-29-6003098/

Rolling Eyes :facepalm:

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:59 pm

Mark 13:32-33 (NKJV) wrote:But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is.

I remember the guys who said the world would end in 2011 had some pretty impressive mental gymnastics to get around this passage.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:49 pm

I swiped one of those posters from the subway, the day after the world was supposed to end. Figured nobody was gonna complain.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:50 pm

"I survived the end of the world and all I got was this lousy poster."

Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:39 pm

Never thought about it that way. Laughing

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:41 pm

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 33 Raptur10

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:38 pm

Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:40 pm

talking of heavenly bodies they have found a new dwarf planet way way past Pluto, its got a silly name at the moment but I think they should call it Tyrion the Small Dwarf planet, geddit. badoomtush!!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum