halfwise
bungobaggins
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
Norc
19 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 36 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [6]

Post by azriel Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:37 pm

Just goes to show, things arent always as you think they are. I think we wear rose tinted glasses too often.

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 36 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 36 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 36 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [6]

Post by David H Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:15 pm

The husband and 4 year-old daughter of a friend of mine are in the hospital after being run down by a runaway horse and carriage at the State Fair. Shocked No

http://komonews.com/news/local/5-injured-as-spooked-horse-breaks-loose-at-sw-washington-fair

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:14 pm

{{I saw that on the news earlier, sorry to hear your friends were among those involved, hope they are ok and make a full and speedy recovery with only a good tale to tell left to them}}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:18 pm

Thanks Petty. I'm hoping for full recovery but it sounds like 'speedy' may be out of the question, at least for the dad. Even when you don't know the people involved, these are the stories that make me ask myself questions like, "If I were in harm's way and had only one second to either save myself or save somebody else, which would I choose?"

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:53 pm

Not sure the horse provided an either/or choice. But parents are known to make that choice without a second's hesitation.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:55 am

Thats horrendous Dave Shocked How frightening. I hope those people are soon home & on the mend. That horse must have been really scared to have bolted like that. Hope the children will be ok ?!

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:08 pm

The reports from last night were hopeful, but it's hard to tell with head injuries.

The thing with "runaway" horses is that they really don't need to be more than startled. Just like you or me, when something goes BANG!!! behind them they"ll jump forward while trying to figure out what's happening behind them.

But they've got so much explosive power that the first jump can be 15 feet, and they're built to look behind them, so their ears and eyes eyes will swivel back and they won't see anything at all in front of them.

And then of course everybody starts screaming and running, which only confirms to them that there really is something scary to run from (not realizing that it's them) and it all spirals out of control.

It's a lot like beginning drivers and older drivers who panic, stomp on the throttle peddle instead of the brake, and open their eyes to find they've just driven the car through the side of a building. pale

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:44 pm

sorry to hear that Dave, I hope everyone recovers without lasting damage.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:36 pm

Thanks Figg. The little girl has been released and is staying with her granny. Her dad is still critical. Both are going to need reconstructive surgery. I know freak accidents happen every day, but somehow it seems more horrible when it happens at the fair. It's supposed to be a safe place, a place of joy and magic! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:19 pm

Hi Dave. Hopefully they both make a good recovery and can go back to doing everything as normal in a few months.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:23 pm

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 36 13891902_163239240750161_3905885470916864574_n

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:53 pm

{{ Very Happy }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:12 pm

Just realized-

Usain Bolt, reads as ''U, sayin, bolt?''

Laughing

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:43 pm

Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:47 am

https://www.facebook.com/fantasticworld/videos/608225909359299/

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:46 pm

From an article on the downfall of Theranos (the bogus blood test company) and its CEO Elizabeth Holmes:

It generally works like this: the venture capitalists (who are mostly white men) don’t really know what they’re doing with any certainty—it’s impossible, after all, to truly predict the next big thing—so they bet a little bit on every company that they can with the hope that one of them hits it big. The entrepreneurs (also mostly white men) often work on a lot of meaningless stuff, like using code to deliver frozen yogurt more expeditiously or apps that let you say “Yo!” (and only “Yo!”) to your friends. The entrepreneurs generally glorify their efforts by saying that their innovation could change the world, which tends to appease the venture capitalists, because they can also pretend they’re not there only to make money. And this also helps seduce the tech press (also largely comprised of white men), which is often ready to play a game of access in exchange for a few more page views of their story about the company that is trying to change the world by getting frozen yogurt to customers more expeditiously. The financial rewards speak for themselves. Silicon Valley, which is 50 square miles, has created more wealth than any place in human history. In the end, it isn’t in anyone’s interest to call bullshit.

ouch. Razz

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/09/elizabeth-holmes-theranos-exclusive

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:01 am

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 36 Roll%20on%20deo_zpsiskjk5kk

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:23 pm

:facepalm: Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:41 pm

{{Just something to mess with everyones heads!
The picture below as 12 black dots at the intersections of the lines- catch is your brain wont let you see all of them at once Shocked }}

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 36 Extra_large-1473683395-cover-image_zpsd7wadqng

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:09 pm

Maybe something's up with my brain but I tried looking at my screen from a bunch of different angles and all I can see is the same three dots in the same places. scratch
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:55 pm

Petty - not everyone has the same huge-ass screen you seem to use. You need to shrink things down to 1/2 the size in each direction. Lots of lap-top users out here.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:07 am

I have a small-ass screen. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:13 am

{{{ Moanie-faced bastards! Mad (I've taught you well! Twisted Evil ) Right, here you go, small arse version for small arsed folks. Its just not taking a pc seriously Mad }}}

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 36 Capturewe_zps6yorank6

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:36 am

Just...................whatever [6] - Page 36 Pjsw9q10

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:49 am

I can 4 now. Still... gets the gist of the illusion across.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum