bungobaggins
azriel
halfwise
Orwell
chris63
20 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [3] SPOILERS - Page 5 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [3] SPOILERS

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:36 pm

um so you all seem to have forgotten Cate Blanchett dressed up like Galadriel shaking in her boots.. sorry.. bare feet over a few portly Nazgul, while Gandalf hovers like some second rate X Factor magician act on an invisible table. Then and only then Elrond flashes his weapon and utters the immortal words, 'you should have stayed dead'.  *groan*
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [3] SPOILERS - Page 5 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [3] SPOILERS

Post by Sinister71 Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:06 pm

EVERYTHING to do with Tauriel,  be it her romance crap or any of her dialog is utterly horrid. Jackson hit rock bottom by allowing that garbage in his films... As far as Elrond's line. I don't think PJ gets the fact, that the nazgul weren't dead. Hence his whole made up nonsense about tombs. But yeah that line was awful. I still think all the Kili Tauriel stuff is way worse though.

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by ElendilTheShort Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:56 pm

yep, pj dont no nuffink bout ringwraifs

they could not randomly appear as ghosts in ghostly armour, they were invisible to the physical world and needed items to make them visible. Apart from what else was written on the matter this is made clear when Eowyn sees only eyes between mantle and crown. They certainly aren't the dissipating gas clouds pj makes them.

ElendilTheShort
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Post by ElendilTheShort Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:59 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:um so you all seem to have forgotten Cate Blanchett dressed up like Galadriel shaking in her boots.. sorry.. bare feet over a few portly Nazgul, while Gandalf hovers like some second rate X Factor magician act on an invisible table. Then and only then Elrond flashes his weapon and utters the immortal words, 'you should have stayed dead'.  *groan*

i was only referring to the kili and tauriel crapfest

ill have to look harder at DoggleBore, floating gandalf didnt seem so bad to me but maybe my brain has evolved some sort of crap buffering system thanks to these movies

ElendilTheShort
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:56 pm

Dol guldur was terrible. Absolutely BLEH! I don't get why people like the zombie Galadriel, it's so weird looking! At least do what they did in LOTR, she didn't look like she's the living dead, she just looked freaky. And yeah why was she scared of a few ringwraiths? As far as I'm concerned, she should have been LAUGHING! And then her laughter turned everything into flowers and Sauron wouldn't be able to handle the loveliness and then he'd be gone!
...at least that's what I would have done...

I've said it once, but I'll say it again: THAT FILM IS NOT FEMININE ENERGY and honestly what the hell even is feminine energy? That's such a vague term!

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [3] SPOILERS - Page 5 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:37 am

There wasnt ANY feminine energy. WTF is Boyens slipping in her tea ? In fact I didnt feel energy from any of the characters. Now turn this around and make it a "Spice Girls" movie & we could have had Tauriel doing a "tell me what you want" rendition, would have fitted in beautifully !

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [3] SPOILERS - Page 5 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [3] SPOILERS - Page 5 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:27 pm

Yeah the whole notion of putting a female character into Th for something as illusory and made up as 'feminine energy' was a big mistake.
Mainly because for two female writers they cant right a female character worth a fig- one they invent is a pathetic joke of a woman controlled and pandering to all the men in her life and Galadriel they reduce to some sort of Gandalf wetnurse who can only be effective if she has an evil fit- must be her time of the month.

Coming from two female writers with a stated purpose of adding more feminine energy to the story I am not sure what they were thinking of when they created this mess.

'And yeah why was she scared of a few ringwraiths? As far as I'm concerned, she should have been LAUGHING! And then her laughter turned everything into flowers and Sauron wouldn't be able to handle the loveliness and then he'd be gone!
...at least that's what I would have done...'- Tin

Um, this is always tricky, dealing with Royalty and normality, but Ma'am I should perhaps point out that most of us cant walk right into Morgoths Throne Room and put the devil himself to sleep as your did for your Student Day Prank. Only Queens of Forumshire can do that sort of thing.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:14 pm

Tinuviel wrote:Dol guldur was terrible. Absolutely BLEH! I don't get why people like the zombie Galadriel, it's so weird looking! At least do what they did in LOTR, she didn't look like she's the living dead, she just looked freaky. And yeah why was she scared of a few ringwraiths? As far as I'm concerned, she should have been LAUGHING! And then her laughter turned everything into flowers and Sauron wouldn't be able to handle the loveliness and then he'd be gone!
...at least that's what I would have done...

I've said it once, but I'll say it again: THAT FILM IS NOT FEMININE ENERGY and honestly what the hell even is feminine energy? That's such a vague term!

well said Tin! I totally agree with you and its what I would have loved to see as well. Galadriel shouldn't look like an evil spirit from a horror movie. her power is not dark and freaky like that. her power is with living things, nature and yes she should have been magnificent and laughing off Sauron. We could have had a superb cinematic scene where the corruption of the Necromancer is cleansed with as you said, flowers and Light. The choice to make her look nastyfreaky is mind boggling. As for the voice, well that was cringemaking.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:42 pm

Saw it. I would have expected Galadriel to pull more of an amped up Arwen at the Fords of Bruinen type thing, but instead they made her look evil. Not right.

No Black Arrow speech? That's how we first find Bard is descended of Dale royalty, it shouldn't be announced by some craphead nobody listens to.

Stealing sandworms from Dune was just pointless.

I would have preferred Thorin, Fili and Kili to die in the heat of battle, not in a horror stalker movie.

But all in all it worked better for me than the other movies, probably because my expectations had been totally rearranged.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:52 pm

Petty wrote:And yeah why was she scared of a few ringwraiths? As far as I'm concerned, she should have been LAUGHING! And then her laughter turned everything into flowers and Sauron wouldn't be able to handle the loveliness and then he'd be gone!
...at least that's what I would have done...'- Tin

Um, this is always tricky, dealing with Royalty and normality, but Ma'am I should perhaps point out that most of us cant walk right into Morgoths Throne Room and put the devil himself to sleep as your did for your Student Day Prank. Only Queens of Forumshire can do that sort of thing.

Galadriel used to hang with me back in doriath she knows how to throw down a fortress I'm disappointed! Heck my mother would be disappointed!!!!! In fact when I get a free second, I'll give a proper telling of that incident with actual feminine energy!!! Mad

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' [3] SPOILERS - Page 5 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:57 pm

http://news.moviefone.com/2014/12/19/peter-jackson-philippa-boyens-the-hobbit-interview/

Found this and had a great laugh, and in the same token am filled with dread and hope this never comes to be.

Maybe we'll get Evangeline down to New Zealand, shoot a bunch of stuff, chop it up and put it into a box set.

Tauriel in LOTR? Give me a freaking break!!! I think I want to vomit

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:07 pm

I read that as a joke, like the comments about a 25th Anniversary Edition that they made in the EE commentaries for LOTR.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:31 pm

Eldorion wrote:I read that as a joke, like the comments about a 25th Anniversary Edition that they made in the EE commentaries for LOTR.

I hope so, if it is a joke, it's in very poor taste Shrugging I wouldn't put it past them to try something more with middle earth

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:16 pm

talk about adding insult to injury. If its true or half true or joking, its not funny. Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:07 am

I guess that's kind of the problem. You don't really know. Is it a joke.. or.. scratch

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Stig Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:59 am

azriel wrote:There wasnt ANY feminine energy. WTF is Boyens slipping in her tea ? In fact I didnt feel energy from any of the characters. Now turn this around and make it a "Spice Girls" movie & we could have had Tauriel doing a "tell me what you want" rendition, would have fitted in beautifully !
Oh come on. Crying in a gibber heap over one guy she just met and being rejected by the other she's known for 600 years to the point where he leaves forever without saying a word isn't that, like, totally a feminist POV? I mean, they were both really, REALLY hot. Laughing

Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:37 pm

Stig wrote:
azriel wrote:There wasnt ANY feminine energy. WTF is Boyens slipping in her tea ? In fact I didnt feel energy from any of the characters. Now turn this around and make it a "Spice Girls" movie & we could have had Tauriel doing a "tell me what you want" rendition, would have fitted in beautifully !
Oh come on. Crying in a gibber heap over one guy she just met and being rejected by the other she's known for 600 years to the point where he leaves forever without saying a word isn't that, like, totally a feminist POV? I mean, they were both really, REALLY hot. Laughing

Laughing
or crying in a gibber heap over some fat nazgul and having to be rescued by Elrond channelling John 'yippee ki yay' McClane.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:50 pm

halfwise wrote:Saw it.  I would have expected Galadriel to pull more of an amped up Arwen at the Fords of Bruinen type thing, but instead they made her look evil.  Not right.

No Black Arrow speech?  That's how we first find Bard is descended of Dale royalty, it shouldn't be announced by some craphead nobody listens to.

Stealing sandworms from Dune was just pointless.

I would have preferred Thorin, Fili and Kili to die in the heat of battle, not in a horror stalker movie.

But all in all it worked better for me than the other movies, probably because my expectations had been totally rearranged.

The whole loss of the Black arrow speech was a complete let down for me. I thought what they did with the black lance-type thing they had to fire from that makeshift broken bow crap was horrible and stupid.

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5