bungobaggins
Eldorion
Tinuviel
Orwell
halfwise
26 posters

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Critics review 'The Battle of the Five Armies' - Page 18 Empty Re: Critics review 'The Battle of the Five Armies'

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:52 am

No I hope people have shelters to go to if that happens.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Critics review 'The Battle of the Five Armies' - Page 18 Empty Re: Critics review 'The Battle of the Five Armies'

Post by RA Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:56 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Is this the fabled forum consisting mostly of people who act like humans? If it's troll free, I love the irony, considering it's a LOTR forum.- duncandisorderly

We have a special big hammer for trolls. But there are some knocking about- most notable Bear Murdoch, proprietor of Pure Publications who make the Forumshire's no1 newspaper the News of the Pure, sponsored by buckie.
But its best not to cross him, ever, not even from a great distance (if you dont find yourself the centre piece in a troll sandwich you could suffer a worse fate, like having his law firm Angmar and Sons set upon you dig up all the dirt -or bring their own if none exists- and spread it across the  centre pages of their next issue pale).

ps meant to say before- love your name Very Happy

The News of the Pure, a great publication Very Happy

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:01 am

Mrs Figg wrote: No I hope people have shelters to go to if that happens.

I think Hurricane Sandy taught a lot of folks to take weather seriously.  Some people were out of power for weeks in freezing temperatures.  Me, I just saw the lights flicker because all our power lines are below ground and we have backup generators.  I try my best not to feel smug about things for which I deserve absolutely no credit, but I can allow myself to feel safe.

Unfortunately alternatives to electrical heat like gas powered space heaters are not safe indoors.  I hope people have blankets and clothes and clean water laid up.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:02 am

Whoah, hey! RA's back!! cheers :carrot: :carrot:

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:49 am

halfwise wrote:Whoah, hey!  RA's back!! cheers :carrot: :carrot:

Razz

I have returned at the turn of the tide.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:58 am

Great to see you back RA cheers - you were missed.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:02 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Great to see you back RA  cheers - you were missed.
Oh you guys Embarassed

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:14 am

Hi RA!!!!!!! Wave :carrot:

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:33 am

bungobaggins wrote:Hi RA!!!!!!! Wave :carrot:

:hug:

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:57 am

ELE!

Very Happy

I'm just saying...
Spoiler:

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:53 pm

Wave RA
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:47 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:Wave  RA

Ohai Wave

Kissing

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:20 pm

:hug:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:51 pm

You two done yet? Rolling Eyes

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:15 pm

halfwise wrote:You two done yet? Rolling Eyes
I didn't forget about you I love you

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:52 pm

halfwise wrote:You two done yet? Rolling Eyes

Was that meant for the Who thread? scratch

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:12 pm

Handbag No. Its handbags over in the Who Thread.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:05 am

So.. what's the difference? scratch

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:08 am

I'm here Very Happy

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirabella Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:36 am

We (Orwell and I, that is) have been ignoring this thread like the plague just as we have been ignoring Movie 3. I see it was quite sensible decision too, if the last few posts are anything to go by. To avoid all things Movie 3, Orwell has been gardening like mad. Yes, I'm living with him now - seemed the right move, what with the Lefties winning government in Greece and the sky about to fall. Orwell's Survivalism has set us in good store - with cucumbers at the least. I thought his first cucumber was enormous, and damn juicy to whit, and he assured me there'd be more where that came from - and there is! cheers  He's a lot like Sam Gamgee, my Orwell, but in a metrosexual urban farmer way - if you take out the metro bit but leave in the urban farmer -you think you're a farmer! - bit. Anyway, thought you'd all like to know we Bankses aren't all dead (again). Hope you're all still alive and kicking. You know, for a big pile of smelly dags,you're not half bad, not half as bad as anyone could possibly think you are anyway; no, not half. Anyway, hopefully the sky will fall before ever I see Movie 3, Eru willing. Very Happy

Woman strong enough to not fear beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:26 am

Mirabella!cheers
It's been a lawless place around here without you pirat

{{{and if you should ever get tired of Orwell's cucumbers, you should drop by my farm.
I'm sure we can find some vegetables that would interest you. :carrot: }}}

Critics review 'The Battle of the Five Armies' - Page 18 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Critics review 'The Battle of the Five Armies' - Page 18 UJpDi Critics review 'The Battle of the Five Armies' - Page 18 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:45 pm

Wave Mirabella you saucy minx. welcome back.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:42 pm

I'm glad to hear you and Orwell are doing well, Mirabella. But whatever would Pretty say if she heard about this? affraid

Do let us know what happens if you should by some chance happen to see BOFA. In the meantime, I'll be start stockpiling jet fuel so that when the last ever planes are taking off, I can make it to Australia to hide out with the Bankses. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirabella Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:17 pm

Of course, if it happens, you'll have to play by my Rules, Eldo. elephant

Woman strong enough to not fear beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:19 pm

I want to know if Mirabella does the gardening in a pvc bikini what with it being 40 degrees in Ozhobbitstan.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next