bungobaggins
Eldorion
Tinuviel
Orwell
halfwise
26 posters

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Critics review 'The Battle of the Five Armies' - Page 12 Empty Re: Critics review 'The Battle of the Five Armies'

Post by Elthir Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:42 pm

Speaking of TORN...

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=818372;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Twisted Evil
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Critics review 'The Battle of the Five Armies' - Page 12 Empty Re: Critics review 'The Battle of the Five Armies'

Post by azriel Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:49 pm

'ere we go Laughing Is the horse white or is it grey ? or what shade ? Very Happy

Critics review 'The Battle of the Five Armies' - Page 12 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Critics review 'The Battle of the Five Armies' - Page 12 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:28 pm

One more time... to help bring in the new year!

pub
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:59 pm

Elthir wrote:Speaking of TORN...

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=818372;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Twisted Evil

Swordwhale is clearly a wise and perceptive person, a gentleman and a scholar. pub

Critics review 'The Battle of the Five Armies' - Page 12 Smileys-horses-662210

Critics review 'The Battle of the Five Armies' - Page 12 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Critics review 'The Battle of the Five Armies' - Page 12 UJpDi Critics review 'The Battle of the Five Armies' - Page 12 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:04 pm

I saw that thread earlier and burst out laughing. Laughing

Although I admit I don't even remember what side of the argument Dave and Elthir are both on...
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:55 pm

Eldorion wrote:
Although I admit I don't even remember what side of the argument Dave and Elthir are both on...

Does it matter? scratch Very Happy

Critics review 'The Battle of the Five Armies' - Page 12 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Critics review 'The Battle of the Five Armies' - Page 12 UJpDi Critics review 'The Battle of the Five Armies' - Page 12 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:50 am

According to the BBC celebrity UK chef Jamie Oliver was offered a role as a hobbit in the films- if he would go cook PJ's birthday lunch.
But work commitments meant he couldn't make it.

So should folk be offered work in films as a celebrity chum?- that's an extras job gone and someone without a wage afterall.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:48 am

Is that for real ? NO... I dont think these so called 'celebs' should be offered work on films, even if it was just for a 2min walk on or off. Its so sycophant, talk about butt kissing ! Theres plenty of good, experienced 'extras' out there who willingly travel up & down the country for work, sometimes for only half a days work if lucky, they sit around waiting in not always favourable conditions just for some 'irriet' ball brain whos probably on £100 per hour cos hes got connections & is sponsored heavily, to pop along 'darrrrrrling' & ruin it for others ! so, my answer is ...fook orf.

Critics review 'The Battle of the Five Armies' - Page 12 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:23 am

Yeah it seems genuine enough-

"The worst thing that happened to me was that I got phoned up by the exec producer and asked did I want to go and cook for Peter Jackson's birthday. And if I did, they would fly me over and I could be a hobbit in the film. But I was working, I couldn't get out of it. I really wanted to do it," he revealed during filming for his new TV show. "I would have got right into it as well.""- BBC

So I wonder how much as an 'extra' he would have cost- as Im pretty sure the production company don't normally pay to fly extras in from the UK to NZ. How many hard working extras wages is that just for him?

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:28 pm

he will be asking for court jesters to be flown over soon. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:47 pm

Peej is the biggest jester of them all.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:58 pm

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:18 pm

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:24 pm

ouch! slap laugh :clap: love this song.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:33 pm

slap laugh that's the best video I have seen in ages. Laughing

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:14 pm

lol! yep, that is a good one !
I always thought Ori reminded me of a wussy Rodney from 'only fools/horses'. He sounds like Rodney, looks like Rodney,is it Rodney ?

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by richardbrucebaxter Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:37 pm

I thought it was a great film. The action scenes look good in HFR. It will probably feel better the second time once the narrative has sunk in (the parts from the book were the most enjoyable; although I like all the characters/actors bar Smaug's tone).
richardbrucebaxter
richardbrucebaxter
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:20 pm

There was narrative? A coherent one?!

But good to see you back Richard. Once you get your thoughts in order let us know what it was you enjoyed about it.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:50 pm

I really enjoyed the end when I got to relieve my bladder in the theater's restroom. Nod

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:53 pm

I didn't wait until the end to relieve my bladder. that's what popcorn buckets are for.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:55 pm

You can take the lass out of the north of england, but not the north of england out the lass! Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:01 am

Very Happy at least I ate the popcorn first.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by feanor 1999 Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:33 am

Mrs Figg wrote:ouch!  slap laugh  :clap:  love this song.

First Belly-Laugh of 2015. Thanks for this one Figgy. *thumbs up*

Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:19 am

Don't know I'll bother seeing it; and nonetheless, I still feel like vomiting -- and I haven't even read any reviews! Shocked

One day I'll read the books again - hopefully, when PJ's abominations have finally faded somewhat from my memory. Some memories you can only hope will go away...  

Why did I watch any of PJ's movies? Especially the first two Hobbit messes? One of them should have been enough; though, I confess, some of the first wasn't absolutely atrocious, especially some of the early parts of One. Yet - Sad  and Mad

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:39 pm

Ive seen them & Im over it. I didnt allow them to absorb into my system & seep into my brain enough to do any lasting damage. I found it easy to erect an invisible barrier between my feelings of the book Ive read & loved, & the fook awful mess that was swept along by a very strong tide of "peejerism". HE is the biggest idiot to date ! If he was around back in the day when Tolkien & Co were arguing & debating in Oxford, this load of putrid bile would be laughed off the face of the Earth ! No one would even read past the 1st few chapters. I think Peejers should be tied firmly to a chair & be forced to watch EVERY single scrap of Hobbit evidence put on a huge fire & burned to oblivion ! Shame we cant do a "men in Black" & zap his mind completely clean of ANYTHING Tolkien, thus safe guarding the future of tripe like this !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next