Tinuviel
Mrs Figg
azriel
Pettytyrant101
parzival
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Some Hobbit film humor at Jackson's expense Empty Some Hobbit film humor at Jackson's expense

Post by parzival Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:21 am

Hi there. I have a sneaky suspicion these may be appreciated here.  Enjoy!

parzival
parzival
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Some Hobbit film humor at Jackson's expense Empty Re: Some Hobbit film humor at Jackson's expense

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:26 am

lol! (particularly the end of the first one!)

And welcome to Forumshire Parzival.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Some Hobbit film humor at Jackson's expense Empty Re: Some Hobbit film humor at Jackson's expense

Post by azriel Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:59 am

slap laugh I liked the ending of the 1st vid to. Im enjoying the 'mickey takes' far better than the actual films ! If ever a set of films richly deserved to have the p*** taken out from them & done parody style, its the bloody Hobbit Very Happy
Hello Parzival.

Some Hobbit film humor at Jackson's expense Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Some Hobbit film humor at Jackson's expense Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:26 pm

lol! lol!  superb! Elrond being fabulous made me giggle. slap laugh Gandalf being senile was brilliant.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by parzival Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:10 pm

Hey, thanks for the warm welcome. Very Happy
parzival
parzival
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:12 pm

You are most welcome Parzival, feel free to just jump in anywhere. (Nice Smaug avatar too- even got the right amount of legs  Very Happy )

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:00 pm

Loved the first one, and the second one is classic! Welcome!!

Some Hobbit film humor at Jackson's expense Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:08 pm

Tin! cheers

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:46 am

Welcome Parzival!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:41 am

Great vids, and welcome. Very Happy

I had seen the second one before, but it was great seeing it again. I like how the jokes start to layer on top of each other as the video progresses. Laughing

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:04 pm

Favourite gag i the second one is Smeagol not wanting an xbox one as it 'watches us all the time'- thats sheer class. Laughing

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:32 pm

I hope they do DOS as well. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Greetings son of Gahmuret! Please visit TORN at some point and reveal that Thranduil is not Anfortas. Also, what colour horse do you ride?

I assure you it is safe to answer.

I saw an amusing parody of The Hobbit recently. On HBO. They put some money into it, and, just for example, that bit about the orc smashing down into a boat only to send up another orc to be beheaded (by a mugging Bloom look-alike actor) was top rate as far as silly gags go.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by parzival Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:54 am

Elthir wrote:Greetings son of Gahmuret! Please visit TORN at some point and reveal that Thranduil is not Anfortas. Also, what colour horse do you ride?

I assure you it is safe to answer.

I saw an amusing parody of The Hobbit recently. On HBO. They put some money into it, and, just for example, that bit about the orc smashing down into a boat only to send up another orc to be beheaded (by a mugging Bloom look-alike actor) was top rate as far as silly gags go.

Oh, I'm a regular at TORN. But somehow I don't feel like I'm on the same page there sometimes.

And the color is silver. Smile
parzival
parzival
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by parzival Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:55 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:You are most welcome Parzival, feel free to just jump in anywhere. (Nice Smaug avatar too- even got the right amount of legs  Very Happy )

Even Jackson knew the correct amount of legs....... until he changed it midway through the films. I will never understand that one!
parzival
parzival
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:46 am

Yeah I think its currently no.242 on the list of inexplicable PJ decisions.

'And the color is silver.'- parzival

I am afraid despite Elthirs assurances answering that question was 'safe' that is not enough for Forumshire! Is it a dull silver? A shiny silver? A mottled silver? Moonlight silver, tarnished silver or some other sort of silver?
Enquiring minds demand impossible answers!

'I'm a regular at TORN.' -parzival

I like to pop by there from time to time when I feel there is not enough crabbit about. Twisted Evil

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:29 pm

Those versions are actually closer to what Tolkien intended. Shocked

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:04 pm

Blimey this spam run thing is harder than it looks, and tiring too, how do you do it Orwell? And you having to do it whilst upside down as well!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:43 pm

I see. Thank you. But silver-white or silver-grey? I'm afraid I did ask the original question, but also more afraid that whoever told you it was safe to answer such a question... well... let's just say that that part didn't come directly from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

I have a feeling it was the horse down the road who injected this false assurance before I realized it... he has my password (how else am I going to remember it) and a special keyboard to hoof around with. And he can get impertinent.

He is silver-grey.

Incidentally I only see three legs on your dragon in the depiction near your name. From my years chatting on the intercobweb it seems possible that that could lead to three legged interpretations, as the artist has not been explicit.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by parzival Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:46 pm

Elthir wrote:I see. Thank you. But silver-white or silver-grey? I'm afraid I did ask the original question, but also more afraid that whoever told you it was safe to answer such a question... well... let's just say that that part didn't come directly from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

silver-grey, to be sure.
parzival
parzival
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:27 pm

Oh dear, you mentioned grey! Shocked We could be here a long time!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:20 pm

the grey word was spoken affraid

Sofa
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:30 pm

slap laugh Aha ! GREY !! grey grey grey grey grey ! Ok, what shade Suspect

Some Hobbit film humor at Jackson's expense Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Some Hobbit film humor at Jackson's expense Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:52 pm

My favorite colour! Very Happy

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:59 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:the grey word was spoken affraid Sofa

And it cannot be unspoken.

And the word will echo in the timeless halls... but for how long cannot be said...

... I mean those halls are timeless after all. Or something  Like a Star @ heaven
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next