Radaghast
feanor 1999
Bluebottle
21 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Future releases [2] - Page 37 Empty Re: Future releases [2]

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:54 am

The members of my D&D group invited me to go see Deadpool this Saturday. I can't say I'm all that excited, but hopefully it won't be too gratuitously violent!

Hm.. It has an 84% on RT. That sounds rather promising.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:56 am

That's one of the things I was hoping for. Razz

Definitely looking forward to seeing it for myself, probably next Monday. I didn't get around to seeing Hail, Caesar! this weekend but I might still go at some point. Found a bunch of AMC gift cards recently that are burning a hole in my pocket...
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:56 am

Suicide squad

Future releases [2] - Page 37 2016%2B-%2B1

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:35 am

And what is this Katana? A comic-book character? The weapon?

I am unfamiliar with such things.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:27 am

Forest Shepherd wrote:And what is this Katana? A comic-book character? The weapon?

I am unfamiliar with such things.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:31 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:29 am

:clap: Im looking forward to this one Very Happy

Future releases [2] - Page 37 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Future releases [2] - Page 37 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:38 pm

Watched Deadpool last night...I'm not a huge superhero fan and I knew nothing about the comics, but I enjoyed it 7/10.

It was very, very crude, rude-tonnes of swearing, full frontal nudity and lots of bloody violence and sexual references (needless to say some of the audience looked pretty shell shocked walking out, this is far from you usual family friendly Marvel film...), which according to my friends was pretty accurate to the comics in tone...

The good:

Fun film, decent action sequences, very funny at points (with lots of fourth wall breaking metatextual jokes/references to the audience, other films etc) and charismatic performances.

The Bad:

Shoehorning in
Spoiler:
felt kinda forced at points, a fair few of the jokes were lost on me (I think more than most recent comic book films, this one will play to the hardcore fans) the storyline was fairly weak and generic though all the blood, satire and riffing went some way to making things more interesting, and the villain just seemed like Jason Statham's cheap replacement (I think the actor had previously replaced him in the Transporter Films).

Fun film, but a little uneven and not as clever as it thinks it is, might appeal more to hardcore fans.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:45 pm

geez, what a difference a choice of music and editing can make. This was the original suicide squad trailer:

http://www.eonline.com/news/675718/the-suicide-squad-movie-trailer-is-here-and-it-s-terrifying-watch-the-chill-inducing-clip

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:21 pm

Indiana Jones 5 release date confirmed, Spielberg returning to direct, Harrison Ford to return

http://collider.com/indiana-jones-5-release-date-steven-spielberg-harrison-ford/

My reaction?... No Mad Rolling Eyes

Crystal Skull was an enjoyable (ish) family film (6/10) but definitely the worst of the four films i.m.o, and eight years later I've yet to read a convincing argument for it being made beyond $, so the announcement of a 5th Film whilst not surprising hasn't excited me in the slightest...

Although Ford pleasantly surprised me in Force Awakens as a believable action hero, he wasn't the lead character, in 2019 he'll be in his late 70's and there's a limit to how much an audience will buy an older lead character in action scenes...so I'm wondering if they;ll simpky use Ford in bookend sequences and cast a younger actor so it can act as a soft reboot for new prequels...given Shia Labeouf's comments on Crystal Skull (i.e totally crapping on it whenever possible it seems) I doubt he'll be returning...

Honestly whilst I knew a new Indy Film was coming, there's a part of me that wishes Disney would just completely reboot the series and cast a younger actor for 30's set stories rather than wheel out an increasingly frail/bored leading man...

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:33 pm

it makes me wonder why Harrison Ford agrees to making action films at his age most actors would be chilling on a beach or playing golf, but remembering his recent plane crash I think he is an action man type, and just goes for it. kudos to him.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:38 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:it makes me wonder why Harrison Ford agrees to making action films at his age

Other than $...I suppose it's just a fun, high profile job, Ford's in very good health for a man his age and there are far fewer decent parts for older actors so I suppose he feels glad to challenge the expected perceptions of a hollywood leading man, he was very convincing as a older Han in TFA i.m.o, but even so he'll be 77(!) when this comes out, without wishing to sound agesit I find it hard to see how a geriatic Indy stumbling around CGI tombs would go down with modern audiences after the divisive 4th film...at least Lucas isn't involved with this one...

Neutral

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:14 pm

I think Ford is like Christopher Lee in this regard. He's a journeyman actor who's going to work till the day he dies if he's given a chance. Good for him! I know I'll watch it whatever the reviews.

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:43 pm

Yeah, how about no?

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:26 pm

{{{For all their technically wizardly it just doesnt compare to the realistic feel and edge of your seat sense of danger you get in the 59 version}}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:01 pm

The dialogue in the new version sounds modern and trite. I sense it will annoy the hell out of me throughout the movie.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:05 am

The British reviews for Batman v Superman are coming in and they're pretty harsh.

Future releases [2] - Page 37 DwR1Plp
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:23 am

malickfan wrote:Indiana Jones 5 release date confirmed, Spielberg returning to direct, Harrison Ford to return

http://collider.com/indiana-jones-5-release-date-steven-spielberg-harrison-ford/

My reaction?... No Mad Rolling Eyes

Crystal Skull was an enjoyable (ish) family film (6/10) but definitely the worst of the four films i.m.o, and eight years later I've yet to read a convincing argument for it being made beyond $, so the announcement of a 5th Film whilst not surprising hasn't excited me in the slightest...

Although Ford pleasantly surprised me in Force Awakens as a believable action hero, he wasn't the lead character, in 2019 he'll be in his late 70's and there's a limit to how much an audience will buy an older lead character in action scenes...so I'm wondering if they;ll simpky use Ford in bookend sequences and cast a younger actor so it can act as a soft reboot for new prequels...given Shia Labeouf's comments on Crystal Skull (i.e totally crapping on it whenever possible it seems) I doubt he'll be returning...

Honestly whilst I knew a new Indy Film was coming, there's a part of me that wishes Disney would just completely reboot the series and cast a younger actor for 30's set stories rather than wheel out an increasingly frail/bored leading man...

Remember that he wanted to kill off his character in The Empire Strikes Back. All reports was he was kinda blase' about killing his character off this time, but I think deep down he wanted to complete the story arc.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:04 am

Eldorion wrote:The British reviews for Batman v Superman are coming in and they're pretty harsh.

Couldnt stop laughing ! First thing in the morning as well ! lol!

Future releases [2] - Page 37 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Future releases [2] - Page 37 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:15 pm

Eldorion wrote:The British reviews for Batman v Superman are coming in and they're pretty harsh.

Do they act like this for other movies? Or was this a send-up? Pretty damn funny either way, but I hope it's real.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:09 pm

Wel.. If there really is someone called Dermatol Barnelby-Smythe.. I'll eat my hat.. (Little do they know I don't have a hat.) Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:04 pm

How about Curmeltous Crab? Filton Fizzlewick?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:36 pm

Laughing

I wasn't aware Danny Dyer and Jason Statham had branched out into writing film reviews  Laughing
If only that was real...

I think it's fairly likely Mark Kermode will go on a similar rant, albeit more politely worded when his review appears...

I'm possibly seeing it Friday...and not particularly excited at the prospect, the trailer made it look like self indulgent fan-w*nk caught up in its own hype

Kinda ironic that Ben Affleck is now getting much of the praise from some quarters (I was supportive of his casting from the start...), production on the Justice League is due to start in a couple of months so W.B are probably going to be less than thrilled with the reviews...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:22 am

It's Batman, so I was always probably gonna go see this, but I'm actually more interested now after reading the early reviews and the subsequent fan meltdowns. Because seriously ... 33% on Rotten Tomatoes? For a film like this? I have a hard time imagining how they could have fucked up so badly as to alienate that many critics, especially considering all the good will from the Nolan trilogy.

I've enjoyed previous Affleck performances, especially in some of his recent stuff, though he was killing it in Good Will Hunting as both an actor and a writer almost 20 years ago. Speaking of writers though, I've noticed a lot of people acting surprised that Chris Terrio didn't save the film with his script re-write, apparently because he has an Oscar. But that Oscar was for Argo, which I thought was trash (the film was so much less interesting than the actual events, I still have a hard time understanding how they fucked it up so badly), so it makes sense to me.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:35 am

Having read a few more detailed, spoilery reviews, however, I might wait until I can catch this for cheaper (or on TV). Not sure it sounds worth the cost of a ticket. Yeesh. No
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next