Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

+19
Johnnyd
chris63
Sinister71
Ringdrotten
Orwell
Norc
Forest Shepherd
Bluebottle
RA
malickfan
David H
azriel
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
Tinuviel
Radaghast
bungobaggins
halfwise
Eldorion
23 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 39 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

Post by bungobaggins Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:02 pm

Mmm love me some WB intern Photoshop.

http://m.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a596818/see-stunning-tapestry-artwork-for-the-hobbit-the-battle-of-five-armies.html#~oPXfc3NT9cbfeu

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 39 Movies-the-hobbit-the-battle-of-the-five-armies-tapestry-artwork

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 39 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:27 pm

If thats Bard he seems to be on fire!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:33 pm

Is Smaug actually rummaging through Lake town? One would think he'd crash right through, but I haven't PJ's genius.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:19 pm

the damn elk is back. really? and the relatively prone positions of Galadriel and Tauriel are a bit lacking in feminine energy. I'm glad they aren't holding swords, but give them the dignity of being firmly planted on their two feet. Arwen is standing in the ROTK poster. She's still despondent looking! It just looks wrong, the way they are positioned. it looks borderline sexual.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 39 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 pm

The photoshop on this scroll is somewhat better than the previous ones (they finally seem to be getting the trick of lighting down, sort of).  There's some cool images in this one, too.

What's up with Gandalf and Galadriel lying on the ground at Dol Guldur, though?  Is that gonna be an actual scene or what?
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:00 am

Better than the almost-kiss Smile

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 39 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:14 am

So, a full army of goat riding dwarves. Shocked

That said, it's a nice poster.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:23 am

So a crawling Galadriel and Gandalf, help each other, and rescue each other, whilst Elrond looks understandably annoyed to be even be in this thing, and Saruman tries not to look like a complete evil pantomine villian in the background and fails too?
Meanwhile a battle of armoured killer goats ensues.

Im going to hate this film Mad

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:44 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Meanwhile a battle of armoured killer goats ensues.

It's really getting to be more Monty Python than anything else, isn't it. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:56 am

Im just waiting on Radagast to show up with a white killer bunny to complete the Python set.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:05 am

Yeah, I guess the question is wether it'll be as funny.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:02 am

And I guess that one is a foregone conclusion.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:35 am

Tinuviel wrote:the damn elk is back. really? and the relatively prone positions of Galadriel and Tauriel are a bit lacking in feminine energy. I'm glad they aren't holding swords, but  give them the dignity of being firmly planted on their two feet. Arwen is standing in the ROTK poster. She's still despondent looking! It just looks wrong, the way they are positioned. it looks borderline sexual.

Of Course the Elk is back.  It's a battle-Elk, anyone can see that.
 {{{ The things I have to explain around here. Rolling Eyes  }}}

And that come-hither look on Tauriel's face, that sensual stance - what you've got there is battle lust; nothing sexual about it at all.  Elf wenches always look like that in the heat of battle.  Intimidating to those in the know, though admittedly somewhat disconcerting to those who haven't been briefed.  Well, now you've been briefed.  Nod

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 39 Taurie10

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:18 am

Eldorion wrote:There's some cool images in this one, too.

I do like the image of Smaug and Bard in a burning Lake-town.

I think that how haphazard and messy these banners are is really a testament to how these films have been made. Cut and paste.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:20 am

It just looks stupid. The whole thing. I don't think anyone actually is happy with it. I'm wondering if some of their funding has been cut due to the lack of overwhelming success that was expected. The other two did well, but not as well as expected, as I understand it.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 39 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:55 pm

Is that Haradrim headgear I see ?

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 39 Haradrim_zpsb9839642

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 39 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 39 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:56 pm

Actually, NO, it does look different, sorry !

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 39 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:08 pm

Those pictures.. slap laugh

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:07 pm

I think that's supposed to be an Easterling like the ones who almost caught Frodo and Sam in TTT. They are mainly distinguishable by having more armor than the Haradrim. Even though they were approaching Mordor from the south. Razz But since the BOFA will include Sauron, it makes sense for Easterlings to show up. They were the main enemy force in the Battle of Dale that occurred during lotr offscreen.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:31 pm

I know its Easterling so why the fook did I put Haradrim ?
Cuz Im going right round the bend thats why ! been a long day Very Happy Thanks for the nudge Eldo Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:40 pm

halfwise wrote:
Tinuviel wrote:the damn elk is back. really? and the relatively prone positions of Galadriel and Tauriel are a bit lacking in feminine energy. I'm glad they aren't holding swords, but  give them the dignity of being firmly planted on their two feet. Arwen is standing in the ROTK poster. She's still despondent looking! It just looks wrong, the way they are positioned. it looks borderline sexual.

Of Course the Elk is back.  It's a battle-Elk, anyone can see that.
 {{{ The things I have to explain around here. Rolling Eyes  }}}

And that come-hither look on Tauriel's face, that sensual stance - what you've got there is battle lust; nothing sexual about it at all.  Elf wenches always look like that in the heat of battle.  Intimidating to those in the know, though admittedly somewhat disconcerting to those who haven't been briefed.  Well, now you've been briefed.  Nod

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 39 Taurie10

uggg! that poster is hoooorrrrrible! No what have they DONE to Galadriel????she looks like a 22 stone junk food addict with one scrawny bingo arm poking out, its fucking UGLY stuff. why is it all ugly? I could Photoshop better than that! and I aint no expert. ugly ugly ugly. Suspect
I object to this poster, it hurts my artistic sensibilities on all levels. the colours suck, hideous. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:03 pm

Eldorion wrote:Really, you think Tauriel was worse than the Smaug fight at the end, the marginalization of Bilbo, or, the bizarre transformation of Lake-town into the mini-USSR (and the main focus of at least a third of the film)?

the whole second film sucked donkey balls from the contrived mess with Tauriel and Kili, to the HORRIBLE mess they made of Smaug and the golden statue crap, The whole political atmosphere of Laketown was ridiculous, as well as cartoon Bolg and Azog the fork monster and the mess they made of those whole plot points not to mention making the Hobbit all about the F**KING RING and SAURON all over again. Jackson has no clue, nor does his expert Phillipa dipshit how to tell a good story let alone get it right in any way shape or form. Hell Tolkiens half sketched out details in the appendices are better than the millions of dollars in CGI that Jackson wasted IMO... The third film can't make the franchise any worse. Jackson and his lackeys have already ruined what could have been some of the best filmed story ever IMHO but at least next to LOTR in some peoples eyes. But instead we get a bunch of made up garbage where Bilbo is a side note in his own story and AGAIN the whole thing is about Sauron and the ring instead of just being an adventure tale set in the same world as LOTR.

please let the Hobbit be remade sooner than later. Cause the version Jackson made really does suck on some big full donkey balls
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:06 pm

azriel wrote:Is that Haradrim headgear I see ?

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 39 Haradrim_zpsb9839642

nah there just a bunch of battle beanie propeller hats. So when the Battle starts they will be replacing the eagles with flying dwarfs Nod

slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:10 pm

the whole second film sucked donkey balls- Sin

Plain spoken, honest and true as always Sin.

Ive rather been put off future adaptation s of Tolkien after this mess.
Perhaps if it was going to be for TV where it might have the actual story from the books, the characters and the dialogue.
But I reckon I'll be dead by then, which will probably be for the best and save me getting crabbit about the new 4D holographic plugged direct into your brain stimulation version of 2120

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:20 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:the whole second film sucked donkey balls- Sin

Plain spoken, honest and true as always Sin.

Ive rather been put off future adaptation s of Tolkien after this mess.
Perhaps if it was going to be for TV where it might have the actual story from the books, the characters and the dialogue.
But I reckon I'll be dead by then, which will probably be for the best and save me getting crabbit about the new 4D holographic plugged direct into your brain stimulation version of 2120

I think if the Hobbit were to be remade it should be by ME!!!!  slap laugh  or at least someone with a genuine love of the story and the details of THAT story. Not someone wanting to make the Hobbit into something it isn't. The Hobbit is not nor ever was meant to be LOTR lite. I can see making a film that feels like the same world as Jackson's LOTR but simply using the Hobbit material, and maybe the actual appendices as they were written. Some of that stuff like Dain lopping off Azogs head in the prologue would be freeking awsome on screen, and Bolg being all pissed off about it as the catalyst to the BO5A.... OH HELL YEAH!!!! Its been obvious since AUJ that Jackson wanted to make more films about Sauron and the ring and using the Hobbit as that guise was his way to do it. Which is why the new films suck.
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next