Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

+19
Johnnyd
chris63
Sinister71
Ringdrotten
Orwell
Norc
Forest Shepherd
Bluebottle
RA
malickfan
David H
azriel
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
Tinuviel
Radaghast
bungobaggins
halfwise
Eldorion
23 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 28 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

Post by malickfan Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:51 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote: A tweet from the editor of Empire magazine after apparently seeing the trailer- joke or not? Impossible to tell with Pj how bad and bloody stupid it could all get-

Nick de Semlyen @NickdeSemlyen · 14m
Forget War Horse - The Hobbit Part 3 will feature battle goats. BATTLE GOATS.

scratch 

How exactly do you train a goat for battle? This is starting to feel like a bad acid trip at the zoo, gaint boars, hairy midgets, gaint bunnies and lethal goats, yep Jackson sure knows his Tolkien.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 28 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:45 pm

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 28 1406056605000-HOBBIT-BATTLE-FIVE-ARMIES-MOV-JY-1157--65995406_zpsea823ee0

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:09 pm

Well I spot the goat! And why is everybody in Dale???? LIKE SERIOUSLY WHY? What makes Thranduil change his mind?

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 28 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:15 pm

Eldorion wrote:
Forest Shepherd wrote:Also, I'm curious by what you mean about Del Toro there, Eldo. Am I missing something obvious? What mockery did he make?

Perhaps mockery was a poor word choice on my part, but del Toro made a number of generally disparaging but also self-contradictory remarks about The Hobbit and Tolkien in general over the years.
Oh well hey, no worries: "mockery" was my word. You said that del Toro made fun, which is exactly what he did by the sound of it.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:38 pm

Well I spot the goat! - Tin

Maybe the elves arrive by goat!  Shocked 

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:55 am

Eldorion wrote:
I think the strangest thing is the implication that he began reading The Hobbit but stopped because he mentally lumped it in with Conan the Barbarian type stories, but then changed his mind when he learned more about TH.  Exactly what is there in the beginning of TH that is reminiscent of Conan? scratch

Don't you remember Eldo?

The Hobbit wrote: "Very well then," said Thorin, "supposing the burgler-expert gives us some ideas or suggestion." He turned with mock-politeness to Bilbo. "Tell us, what is best in life?"
The hobbit bethought himself of all the things that he most enjoyed. "Well," he replied, "I.. I suppose a comfortable home is best, and long walks in the countryside..."
"Wrong!" snorted Gandalf at the head of the table.
Kili piped up. "It is the open steppe! A fleet horse, falcons at your wrist and the wind in your hair."
Gandalf shook his head and laughed quietly to himself, while Thorin glared at his nephew. Several dwarves suggested gem-working, or the feel of cool gold sliding between one's fingers. But Thorin raised his hands and silenced them.
"No. You are all wrong. Tell us, Gandalf, for you are wise and experienced: what is best in life?"
There was a hushed silence in the room as the wizard drained his glass of wine. The drink coloured his lips an unnatural bright red, while the flickering light of the fire cast wavering shadows over the deep features of his face. The overall affect quite unnerved poor Bilbo, who tucked his feet up onto the edge of his chair and hugged himself.
"To crush your enemies," said Gandalf, punching his fists together.
"To see them driven before you..." And he stood to fill the entire end of the dining room with his grey presence.
"...and to hear the lamentation of their women!" Throwing his arms wide he looked down upon the stunned dwarves. His fierce expression broke into a smile and, relaxing, the dwarves clapped and laughed appreciatively.
"Yes, that is good," Thorin agreed.
I'm surprised you don't remember that part Eldo.

Last edited by Forest Shepherd on Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:19 am; edited 3 times in total

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:59 am

malickfan wrote:
Pettytyrant101 wrote: A tweet from the editor of Empire magazine after apparently seeing the trailer- joke or not? Impossible to tell with Pj how bad and bloody stupid it could all get-

Nick de Semlyen @NickdeSemlyen · 14m
Forget War Horse - The Hobbit Part 3 will feature battle goats. BATTLE GOATS.

scratch 

How exactly do you train a goat for battle? This is starting to feel like a  bad acid trip at the zoo, gaint boars, hairy midgets, gaint bunnies and lethal goats, yep Jackson sure knows his Tolkien.
Those "gaint" misspellings are really bugging me for some reason.

This all reminds me greatly of LotRO.
Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 28 Goat_thumb

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:03 am

"Thranduil, why are these fucking  elves following me? don't you trust me, man? come'on dude" - Gandalf
Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 28 1406056605000-HOBBIT-BATTLE-FIVE-ARMIES-MOV-JY-1157--65995406_zpsea823ee0
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:06 am

What the heck is that animal-thing in the back left anyway. It's like a horrid cross between a goat, a llama and a rat.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:16 am

Touch of roe deer too I'd say.

Loving the TH/Conan speech Forest  Laughing 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:18 am

Very Happy 

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:34 am

maybe it's that moose as a baby Shrugging before it got its antlers..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:42 am

oh boy its the disco king and more butt ugly Elves.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:59 am

Mrs Figg wrote:oh boy its the disco king and more butt ugly Elves.

slap laugh

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:07 am

Forest Shepherd wrote:I'm surprised you don't remember that part Eldo.

Well played. lol!
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:10 am

malickfan wrote:How exactly do you train a goat for battle? This is starting to feel like a  bad acid trip at the zoo, gaint boars, hairy midgets, gaint bunnies and lethal goats, yep Jackson sure knows his Tolkien.

I wonder if Jackson really still thinks this is all "so kewl" or if he's just trolling.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 28 Goat-chewing-o

As the guy who made the really long video review pointed out, most of the people who worked on the film appeared rather skeptical of the bunny sled idea.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:38 am

Eldorion wrote:As the guy who made the really long video review pointed out, most of the people who worked on the film appeared rather skeptical of the bunny sled idea.

Hmmm, reminded me of something....

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:59 am

He probably dealt with those people who questioned him creatively a long time ago.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:36 pm

new poster
Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 28 10491065_10152521102786558_6318007250642602741_n
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:34 pm

That smile! Razz
That is one happy dragon.
Reminds me of someone.
Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 28 Heres-johnny

Perhaps it should be retitled: The Deafening Chapter.

Oh and Norc we've been over this: it was a Megaloceros not a moose!!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:38 pm

Just emphasis to me that film Smaug is a bloody stupid size. He's not fecking Godzilla  Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:02 pm

Visual impact Petty, visual impact. That's what its all about, especially if your the raving looney from New Zealand who thinks bland, boring, Tolkien isnt colourful enough. need to inject some Pizzazz God dammit !  Rolling Eyes

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 28 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 28 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:06 pm

Man needs a slap!

I also note after 2 Hobbit films they are still saying "from the director of the LotR's trilogy' not from the director of AUJ or DOS.

Which had those films been hailed and lauded instead of cinema car crashes I am sure they would have.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:07 pm

Norc wrote:new poster

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 28 Unsure-larry-david_zps9ab21851

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:12 pm

Agreed, saying its from the director of LOTRs trilogy gives it more weight, as tho its something to be proud of. Saying its from the director of AUJ & DOS & people will think its a comedy at best (?)  or one of those mickey take films like "Epic Movie"

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 28 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 28 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next