Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

+19
Johnnyd
chris63
Sinister71
Ringdrotten
Orwell
Norc
Forest Shepherd
Bluebottle
RA
malickfan
David H
azriel
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
Tinuviel
Radaghast
bungobaggins
halfwise
Eldorion
23 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 19 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:55 pm

maybe they are so ashamed of the drivel they have made they wont put out a trailer until they really have to.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 19 Empty Re: Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'...

Post by Tinuviel Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:41 pm

I think they have to wait til July because of a thing...

And what WB film would it be in front of if it were to come out right now?

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 19 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:52 pm

Does the amount of days thing apply to trailers in cinemas only, or everything- like trailers shown at something like comic-con say?

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:16 am

I say put the trailer off as long as possible. Let the fans get their panties in a twist over it! Twisted Evil

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:32 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Does the amount of days thing apply to trailers in cinemas only, or everything- like trailers shown at something like comic-con say?

From what I read, it seems like Comic Con is right around the time the trailer will come out. I'm assuming that it will be shown after the Hall H panel, where PJ will show some more clips and what not.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 19 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:56 pm

I have been saying for years there will be no firing of Bards arrow from a regular bow. After seeing the Ballista I knew Jackson was going to make a big deal about Bard having to get to the ballista and fire the arrow. Not about the actual deed of him firing the arrow but the journey to firing it. Simply pathetic and so un-Tolkien like IMO. Bard will have to fight against the Master of Laketown since the ballista is on top of his home, the master and his servant will probably sick the guards on Bard while Smaug is attacking. Instead of fighting the dragon. Bard will surely have to avoid Smaug from burning him to a crisp just to get to the ballista and will probably see the hole in Smaugs chest himself. Plus then we will probably have some other crap element in the film like Tauriel trying to get innocent people in Laketown to safety away from Smaug or some nonsense like that. Hopefully that bitch elf dies a horrible and fiery death

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnnyd Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:11 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-oApY9vgLI

Johnnyd
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:43 am

Dam right ! Legolas shows up once to often, There's no need to have an Elven body guard looking all Sylvester Stallone every 5mins, Its true what that man in the vid says, With martin Freeman, like him or not, the tone does change,fleetingly. Thorin does take center stage to heavily, the never ending hints at a....whooooooooo.....Necromancer are shoved in at every chance. Of course The Hobbit will look similar to LOTRs, its in Middle Earth after all but, lighten up ! Its a childs night time story, The battle at the end I feel is like when you are sitting on the floor of your bedroom, you have all your toys out. one set of toys are 'goodies', one set are 'baddies'. What do you remember doing as a child with Action Man or dolls ?? (watch it Chris  Very Happy ) You pick one of each & 'pretend fight'. And thats my idea of the ending. Not some monumental, heroic, maelstrom of a fight, all clashing & clanging, Aaarh-ing & crying, fooking God knows what, weirdo creatures slashing & snarling just as we had in LOTRs. There, you expected it. Im not talking sissy fighting either but, oh fook, PJ has got to get the balance right, & with what he has brought out so far, he will not succeed. I feel Tolkien was still in touch with his inner child & could relate to his son with these stories, Peejers ? can only relate to blood & prosthetics.

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 19 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 19 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:04 pm

Good vid Johnny.

Got to agree Tin, basically PJ is unsuited to tell TH, even more so than he was for LotR's.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:50 pm

he wasnt unsuited for LOTR. He was perfect for LOTR. He is unsuited for TH.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:00 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:he wasnt unsuited for LOTR. He was perfect for LOTR. He is unsuited for TH.
 Very Happy

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 19 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:18 pm

Figgs is right. PJ knows how to make an LOTR movie (whether it's done according to the book right now is irrelevant) but he knows how to make a war movie. He's copying the same style for the Hobbit. He's building up the war of the third film, just like in the original trilogy. He doesn't know how to do it differently while also being successful. The coming of war thing is what he's good at. He's set up all the key players in the WAR but fails to realize that TH is not about war at all, but about a little Hobbit who happens to get stuck in the middle of it. There's a reason Bilbo was blacked out during the battle in the book. It's because the battle wasn't important!! But PJ isn't one for subtlety so he does what he knows will work. At the same time, he's trying to stick to the book (a tiny bit) and that's why we have a story that has a split theme and protagonists.

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:06 pm

He was perfect for LOTR.- Mrs Figg

Mad 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:44 am

the thing is when Jackson made LOTR there was no guarentee it was going to be a block buster so he stuck with the actual story even if he did change a few things and cut a few others but he still stuck to Tolkien. (for the most part)... Due to the success of LOTR Jackson was afforded the opportunity to show his true colors. He has shown the lack of caring in the source material as written and has changed a ton of the actual material substituting it for made up content. Stuff which never was a part of Tolkiens world it appears Jackson feels he can do better. Honestly I love LOTR, changes and all but I LOATHE the Hobbit films. They are the complete opposite of LOTR to me. Nothing but pure trash.

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:08 am

The latest info on reshoots, or the lack thereof:

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2014/06/23/90410-jed-brophy-aka-nori-talks-about-his-career-and-the-hobbit-3/

Jed Brophy wrote:Yeah, we did our last lot of reshoots last year actually. Proper reshoots, in terms of us walking and talking and busting things up for The Battle of the Five Armies — just before the whole circus started for the second film last year.

We have got together — the actors have got together — to do some ADR. We’re doing fighting and running and dying sounds as we call it. And they quite often get us together in groups to do it because it’s easier to record and we can get some play between each other — bouncing off each other.

So that’s really… all we have left to do is the automated dialogue replacement — the ADR as they call it.

We did think… we did hope actually, a bit like with Lord of the Rings, that we would have one final hurrah shooting on the soundstages this year. But, you know, Peter obviously knew that he’d got as much of the actor stuff as he wanted, and the rest of it was going to be motion-capture.

But… all of our stunt doubles have been working doing motion capture stunt stuff for The Battle of the Five Armies. As I say, as we speak it’s still going. Yeah, we’re looking forward to seeing a cut, actually. I haven’t seen any of the third film… apart from the stuff we’ve done ADR for, we haven’t seen any, kind of, long bits shot together.

It’s gonna be a big surprise for us as well.

I'm not sure what Brophy means by "the whole circus".  To me that sounds like the marketing run up in the last month or two before release, but he might mean from Comic-Con onward.  The latter would mesh with previous reports about reshoots that we heard last year.  Anyway, this is further confirmation that they have not actually done large-scale reshoots this year, contrary to the earliest reports.  By the sounds of it, what they are doing is fairly normal post-production stuff, more on the level of what was done with LOTR than the major after-the-fact additions that were made last year.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:52 am

After all the changes, rewrites, additions I would be surprised if there was still stuff needing shot.
If they don't have three films worth by now they never will have.
That the pickups are mainly more double work for yet more action shouldn't be a surprise either.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:32 am

he’d got as much of the actor stuff as he wanted, and the rest of it was going to be motion-capture.

Yeah, you don't wanna get too much of that actor stuff in a movie! Rolling Eyes

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 19 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 19 UJpDi Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 19 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:33 am

I have a feeling the lack of reshoots is not a result of being prepared, but rather PJ saying "CGI is better than real life!" and is making the third installment an animated installment.

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:13 am

Tinuviel wrote:PJ saying "CGI is better than real life!"

I can definitely see him saying this while tied up in a straight jacket in a bouncy room of a mental institution.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:52 pm

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 19 056

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:18 pm

I can see Peejers saying that as he's running for his life into the wild woods with the guys in white chasing him,  Very Happy

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 19 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Waiting for 'The Battle of the Five Armies'... - Page 19 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:37 pm

Jackson really needs to hire an assistant to bitch slap him when he gets stupid... I would take that job but I want to be paid per slap....THAT would be a rather lucrative job during the production and post production of all three Hobbit suckfests  :facepalm: 

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:39 pm

Sinister71 wrote:Jackson really needs to hire an assistant to bitch slap him when he gets stupid...

They'd have to bitch slap him 24/7.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:14 am

bungobaggins wrote:
Sinister71 wrote:Jackson really needs to hire an assistant to bitch slap him when he gets stupid...

They'd have to bitch slap him 24/7.

Ahhhh what a dream job there... LOL  pub 
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:48 pm

http://geektyrant.com/news/alternate-designs-of-smaug-from-the-hobbit

some really cool one there, not a good Smaug and i am glad they avoided some of the, but they're pretty cool anyways. also one of them is the one we saw in the first trailer for DOS Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next