Ringdrotten
leelee
Pettytyrant101
Amarië
Norc
24 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [4] - Page 22 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [4]

Post by azriel Fri May 02, 2014 6:15 pm

I hope you feel better very soon Petty ! Thumbs Up  Is this a 'close encounter' with middle age ? Its all down hill from now on you know  Nod as my friendly optometrist kindly informed me, (git!)

Things that are making you crabbit! [4] - Page 22 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Things that are making you crabbit! [4] - Page 22 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [4] - Page 22 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [4]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 02, 2014 6:17 pm

Middle aged! I'm Scottish- I already count as old!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri May 02, 2014 6:29 pm

Laughing  Laughing
soon, the snapping of your bones will sound like someone walking in a dry forest with twigs strewn across the ground ! I know, thats how I sound getting up each morning !  Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri May 02, 2014 10:42 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Sod that- its just a hairline fracture- should knit up on its own and be a future source of arthritis- just bloody sore when I walk on it which means, tragically, I have to drink more  drunken 

And you can say it's on doctors orders. Razz  Err.. might want to consult your doctor on that first though.

Good to hear it's not worse.  Nod 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 02, 2014 10:54 pm

I consulted a Doctor Blue, ok, maybe not quite a Doctor, ok, the guy in the off licence.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri May 02, 2014 10:56 pm

Not a doctor, but the Doctor?  Laughing 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 02, 2014 11:02 pm

Naturally I assumed you meant the Doctor Blue, why would I go elsewhere?  Very Happy

Although he does get tetchy about my smoking, bloody ex-smokers, all the same, nothing worse  Mad 

Things that are making you crabbit! [4] - Page 22 Doctor_smoking__zpsa47fcf97

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 02, 2014 11:07 pm

Mad 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri May 02, 2014 11:09 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:So a week ago I was helping a friend build a rather large chicken coop.
We were using large sections of metal fencing. The fencing in turn was held in place by rather large, rather heavy bricks which have holes in them into which the fence pole slot to secure them.
So I was carrying one of these heavy bricks, a bit like you might hold a baby, with it resting against my right shoulder with arm round it to hold in place and one beneath taking the weight.
Unfortunately there was a set of wooden steps to negotiate to where we were building, and on the way down them I slipped.
Somehow I managed not to fall over entirely but rather to half turn and half fall down three or four steps, luckily breaking my fall with most of the skin on both my shins and a solid jolt to the kneecaps Mad 
Worse however was the brick, which I managed to keep hold off but also managed to pile-drive into the top of my own hip.

So quick buckie for medicinal purposes and a lot cursing and got on with the job.

Over the next few days it got more and more painful, especially to walk on so I thought Id best get it looked at- turns out I've been walking about for  a week on a fractured hip  Mad 

Lucky I was drunk the whole time or it would have really hurt!

Oh my gawd! Shocked You have not said anything about the brick -- okay I hope! Laughing

Oh yes, sad to hear about the hip... You know you should be carefuller in future - now that you're getting so old... and all...

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 02, 2014 11:12 pm

I saved the brick Nod  - using my hip  Mad 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri May 02, 2014 11:33 pm

That's a relief. So I won't have to ring the RSPCB after all...

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 02, 2014 11:39 pm

No, but if you encounter in your line of work any of those types who, when you meet them you then wake up several hours later in a bath of ice minus several body parts- I could do with a right hip.  Nod 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sat May 03, 2014 8:18 am

I thought that was more Figgys line of 'work'
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri May 09, 2014 4:23 am

My right headphone died. I've had them for over two years and they've put up with some abuse, so I understand. But I wish both would die so I'd be forced to buy another set.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri May 09, 2014 4:26 am

I'd probably shell out even with one side still working, cause then any sort of stereo sound (particularly directionality) is gonna be totally messed up because you've lost half of the audio input.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri May 09, 2014 4:31 am

That's true, and I'll probably end up going shopping after work tomorrow so I'll pick some up. But I feel really dumb sitting here with sound going in one ear and a dead headphone in the other. Almost like I have gone deaf in one ear.  Shocked  cyclops 

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri May 09, 2014 7:14 am

My son used to love "Call of Duty" on his Xbox, played online. Twice I paid out for what HE said were decent headphones,bloody Turtle Beach, decent my arse ! Ive read reviews about these headsets, (durrr, now!) & I wouldnt recommend them at all ! Just like everything, your'e paying for a 'name', F You 
(disclaimer...no turtles were hurt,injured or sold into slavery in the context of this rant)

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri May 09, 2014 11:18 am

All I want is my boss to agree my 3 months off work.... why is that so hard?
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri May 09, 2014 12:37 pm

My advice is to get pregnant.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri May 09, 2014 2:16 pm

Today's my last day of school. I never thought I'd actually be sad about that, but here I am.
I'll have to go back to the Buckie cellars for all my...er... beverages...

Things that are making you crabbit! [4] - Page 22 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri May 09, 2014 2:19 pm

The really strange feeling is the last week of your senior year, when everyone is taking exams but you, and you wander campus feeling like a ghost.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri May 09, 2014 2:34 pm

Well I'll be back. It's just summer break, Cool  but still!

Things that are making you crabbit! [4] - Page 22 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri May 09, 2014 3:05 pm

I remember school....
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 09, 2014 5:24 pm

Lancebloke wrote:All I want is my boss to agree my 3 months off work.... why is that so hard?

tell your boss I said its ok
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:24 pm

So I'm coming back from a wedding, and my first plane is delayed due to storms, which means I may miss my connection. Fortunately that one was delayed and I made it, but got into the airport about 1 am. Then the mid level train that takes you to the big train station is out so there's a shuttle bus. I get on the wrong one, go around in a circle, get off all crabbit and get on the next one, which happens to be the last one of the night. It gets to the train station sooner than I expect so i jump up in surprise and go running to catch the upcoming train, only to discover I left my bag on the bus!

Wrote to lost and found, no answer yet. My best dress clothes and shoes where in there. I am seriously crabbit!  Sad Banghead 

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next