Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
Norc
10 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

spot the mistakes - Page 3 Empty Re: spot the mistakes

Post by Norc Fri May 10, 2013 10:21 pm

Eldorion wrote:They find the cave and later are captured after everyone gets there and falls asleep. Wink

i know.. still doesn't qualify as "finding goblin town", more like accidentally found a trap Razz

also.. lovely Mountain I love you
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri May 10, 2013 10:23 pm

To be fair, the quote says they "found the Goblin's cave", not Goblin-town.

It's certainly horrendously written, though.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri May 10, 2013 10:26 pm

it is Razz , but it's cute though Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri May 10, 2013 10:38 pm

I want to know more about Smaug, the heartthrob dragon of the Lovely Mountain. I love you
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri May 10, 2013 10:42 pm

yeah, me too, i hear he's got a nice voice.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 10, 2013 10:48 pm

poor old Tel got a bollocking while I was away.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat May 11, 2013 10:05 pm

OMG! SRSLY! they must be joking..
http://the-hobbit-movie.com/mikael-persbrandt/

Mikael Persbrandt
spot the mistakes - Page 3 Mikael-Persbrandt

Mikael Persbrandt

Mikael was born on September 25, 1963 in Jakobsberg, Jarfalla Municipality, Stockholm, Sweden. He is a Swedish actor. He is known for getting leading roles and he is famous for his recurring role as the no-nonsense police officer in the latest Martin Beck movies. He is frequently subject of much press gossip in evening newspapers, especially after he was arrested in 2011 for snorting cocaine. However, it has been comfirmed that Mikael will be playing Beorn in The Hobbit film series and will make his first appearance in Desolation of Smaug, coming this December.

Beorn

Beorn lives with his animal retinue in a wooden house between the Misty Mountains and Mirkwood to the east of the Anduin. He has an immense size and strength for a man. He often leaves his home, for hours or days at a time, for purposes not completely known. Gandalf has often suspected and speculated that he and his people belonged to an entire race of men who used to dwell in the mountains. However, when the Orcs infiltrated the Misty Mountains they gradually killed off all of the skin-changers until only Beorn remained alive.

and no mention of being a bear!!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat May 11, 2013 10:14 pm

But thats Fili ?!! Shocked

spot the mistakes - Page 3 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

spot the mistakes - Page 3 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat May 11, 2013 10:37 pm

spot the mistakes - Page 3 Beorn1_zpsbfb68537

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat May 11, 2013 10:41 pm

Ahahahaha. lol!

They seem to have fixed that, (un)fortunately. Razz And at least they do mention that he's a skin-changer.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Sat May 11, 2013 10:53 pm

good one Dana scully

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun May 12, 2013 12:33 am

wow that was quite a glaring mistake, who is writing that stuff, do we know who the new owners of Bree are yet? I told you its PJ, he doesnt care who Beorn is either.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun May 12, 2013 10:17 am

is tha a pic rue of beorn then?? doesn't look like Mikael..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun May 12, 2013 10:51 am

It is Jackson and he knows what we've been saying about him No

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 23, 2013 12:11 pm

another article from Bree. not greatly written but.. i've highlighted some of the golden bits Very Happy
here's a link to the unspoiled text (though mine is funnier):http://the-hobbit-movie.com/2013/05/23/benedict-cumberbatch-of-being-a-dragon/
Benedict Cumberbatch of ("on" perhaps? or "as"?) Being a Dragon
by HOBBIT MOVIE NEWS on MAY 23, 2013
spot the mistakes - Page 3 Benedict-cumberbatch-smaug

Benedict Cumberbatch has already been quite a prolific actor before he took on the role of Smaug the Dragon and the Necromancer of The Hobbit film trilogy(this still sounds a bit off to me, but it's facts..). A British actor who has made his debut starring in various stage plays, Benedict Cumberbatch would go on to become a famous actor in various TV series(famous in various tv-series is a kinda stretch, i mean he was known but not famous until Sherlock, and he was more in TV-movies and miniseries, but i'm not gonna be picky). His excellent acting, combined with his charming but somewhat dangerous looks as well as his deep and often menacing voice often serve to make him a formidable villain or at least a grim or powerful protagonist in the various films and TV shows that Benedict Cumberbatch has found himself in (I would have dropped the "or at leas").

Before he went on to join the cast and crew of The Hobbit, he played the role of Sherlock Holmes in the British TV series "Sherlock" (should always add "-" on titles, or els it gets confusing). A more modern(more modern, really?) interpretation of the great detective, Sherlock places the eponymous detective in modern Britain(why repeat modern? also, "modern London" is a better term for it) where he must solve a lot of modern (modern, again)crimes using the same deductive reasoning that made him famous in the original works by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (there should've been a "sir" in there). This isn’t at all surprising (i personally would've dropped this, but that is just nitpicking) considering that Sherlock Holmes has had the detective in more outlandish adaptations (someone explain that sentence 'cus it doesn't make sense) like with him ending up having a “mouse world” counterpart or being resurrected somewhere in the 22nd century and where Dr. Watson has become some kind of robot(this sentence is also WAY too long(without me interupting it) also cut the crap and call watson a robot.). Anyway (no, just no, don't use that.. just don't), another interesting factoid (funny word) would be that Martin Freeman, the actor playing Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit, also plays as Dr. Watson in Sherlockand would’ve turned down the part of Bilbo and keep his part in Sherlock(if what? there should be an if there or this sentence doesn't make sense).

Benedict Cumberbatch also started gaining his fame when he began to star in films (when he began to star in films, like he didn't do that before? yes, small films but really? and "also started gaining his fame", didn't they just state that he was famous all along? and how can you also starte- i'll stop here.).. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy was one of the said movies (you said films, but ok, and a better way to link thos togehter would be "he began starring in bigger films such as..") where he plays as(where he plays?) Peter Guilliam, the head of the British secret service where (another "where"?)people like James Bond actually come from(came, also he's a fictional character not linked to that fictional universe). Then, there is also his part in the latest installment of the Star Trek saga (saga is it now? ok.. whatever), Into Darkness where (can you not use "where" all the time?) he is the mysterious John Harrison who seems to be a powerful being that has ties to the darker aspects of the Federation (am i the only one reacting on the amount of binding words such as who, that, where etc? i know you should use them but... Shrugging ).

Anywayanother "anyway", do they actually try to not give the impression that a 16 year old girl wrote this, or?, Benedict Cumberbatch will of coursemake his first appearance in The Hobbit film trilogy as Smaug the Dragon and the Necromancer (of course, yes, this whole article states that in the headline, stop being obvious) . Smaug was the dragon responsible for the destruction of the dwarven kingdom of Erebor and the subsequent exile of the dwarves including that of Thorin Oakenshield and his party of other dwarves. The Necromancer on the other end is an Easter egg for the films and, for those in the know, one of the major links between the Hobbit trilogy and the Lord of the Rings trilogy. (easter egg.... i wish it was just that.)

Needless to say (is it though, ((then don't say it))), most of Benedict Cumberbatch’s roles for (in) the film will be voice acting although, thanks to the more advanced motion capture technology used by the film’s crew(the last bit there is so obvious and it makes the sentence "in the middle" way too long, you can cut it(also, "used by the film's crew" is a really poor sentence, how about the special effects team or something like that)), Smaug will be every bit reliant on Cumberbatch’s fine movement details (not really, human/lizard/dragon.. a bit different anatomy i hope they don't, but they'll use them as sort of "guidelines). Benedict Cumberbatch has gone on to note that he has had to get a lot of guidance from other actors who worked with prosthetics and special effects to get his parts right and lauded Peter Jackson’s skills as a good director.(i haven't read anywhere that he needed "guidance", yes he talked to serkis, but he was second unit director and kind of a pinoeer, i bet he could figure it out himself)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 23, 2013 12:35 pm

i should be a fucking teacher.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri May 24, 2013 8:15 am

I love your deconstruction of the article - very honest and fair. Thumbs Up

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 24, 2013 1:28 pm

Nod
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri May 24, 2013 2:07 pm

glad u erm, enjoyed it Razz here's another one (these things take a long time, but when it's benedict, i have to)

original: http://the-hobbit-movie.com/2013/05/24/benedict-cumberbatch-gets-upset/

Benedict Cumberbatch Gets Upset
by HOBBIT MOVIE NEWS on MAY 24, 2013

Benedict Cumberbatch already had his career rolling before Peter Jackson came about with The Hobbit trilogy. A man well known for having an air of mystery and charm as well as a deep and magnificent voice(can't argue with that), Benedict Cumberbatch has often played the role of characters who are either manipulative or outright evil (eeeeh! WRONG! he's played geniuses, eccentric people and sweet people, not often heroes(but not villains), but it is wrong to say he's played manipulative or/and straight out evil characters, he's only played one star trek villain that was "outright evil" and even that can be discussed. I can list almost every character he's played, and only a fraction fits that description, so "often" is a wrong word here.)which is in direct contrast to Martin Freeman (the actor cast as Bilbo Baggins and his co-star in the British TV series Sherlock) who is often cast in the role of confused and out of their league characters like Arthur Dent and Dr. Watson (yes and no. I would rather say he plays ordinary people. He knows how to portray and ordinary man and make him seem fantastic (see Watson and actually every single character he's ever played)(and how is that a contrast, or am i just being dificult now?).

However(this is a good linking-word, well done), it should be noted that Benedict Cumberbatch felt utterly insulted when someone mentioned that he was merely the “voice” of Smaug the dragon. A flustered Benedict Cumberbatch went on to note that he had “worked his a** off” in completing the role and it simply wasn’t just him sitting in some booth somewhere in a studio with his voice being recorded(yes, this is probably true, he does insist that he's not doing just a voice, but where was he utterly insulted? and flustered? I've seen a lot of interviews and i'de like the source for this. I don't know if i'de like people to put words in my mouth). After all, with the new 48fps system used by the motion capture cameras in the film, every small movement and every minute detail is incorporated into the character being portrayed(some bits are actually not that essential for the sentence to work and be understood, how about shorten it down and making it easier to read?). While similar to the normal 24fps used in the Lord of the Rings(put in a normal here so people who don't know the difference between those two has something to hold on to), 48fps is said to be able to capture more (why? maybe explain what fps means?) and is why actors are strictly prohibited from making any extra movements while filming(again, why? it just says "capture more" more what? fish? movements? light? i am not being dificult, it makes the sentence a bit weird, i had to read that i couple of time so i understood it.). This makes Benedict Cumberbatch’s reaction to just being called the “voice” of Smaug understandable(well.. no, it doesn't. you just said it captured the movements. How about mention how he has talked about going to the zoo and look at reptiles, doing yoga and so the be able to "become" a dragon). After all, it’s more than simply acting considering what goes into doing motion capture (no it's not. if it is anything, it is that it is simply acting and should be regarded as such, it's just "digital make-up", all the costumes takes much less effort than e.g. the dwarves'), what with (strange wording but go on) all the strange little devices that have to be attached to an actor’s face to capture all of his movements and any out-of-character movements can cause the whole animation to go pear-shaped (What do you even mean by that? pear shaped? how, why? also, in any role, mo-cap or not, out-of-character-movements is not wanted. and i don't think an out of character motion from a human will make the animators go "AAAH! but we have to animate a dragon!" they've probably taking the fact that Benedict is a human into the equation ).

Anyway(this is not a good linking word, shame), looking back at a lot of other projects that involved Benedict Cumberbatch, it’s not at all surprising that he would be so upset (is he though?) over the way his role was understated in The Hobbit. For starters, he portrays the character of Sherlock Holmes in the British TV series alongside Martin Freeman who plays the role of Dr. Watson (how has that anything with the "understated" role of Smaug?). Then we get to see Benedict Cumberbatch again in the latest installment of the Star Trek reboot Into Darkness where he plays the mysterious character known only as John Harrison who is an enemy of the crew of the Enterprise and has some deeper connections with the Federation’s seedier side. And before that, Benedict Cumberbatch portrayed the role of Peter Guillam one of the more prominent characters of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy as a leading agent in the British secret service. (all these characters that he plays, yes they are great and big characters, but they have nothing to di with him being upset about his role "being understated", i mean this whole section, if not the whole article, makes him sound like a whiny kid.)

Considering the man’s talent at portraying some of the most cunning characters in film(there we go, not only manipulative or outright evil, cunning, we're getting there, but he has played Martin Crieff, come on), it comes as no surprise (yes, cause we've known this for like over a year, srsly?) that he will soon be playing the role of Smaug the Dragon and The Necromancer in the up and coming second installment of The Hobbit film trilogy, The Desolation of Smaug, coming this December. For the uninitiated, Smaug is the dragon that laid waste to the dwarven kingdom of Erebor and subsequently exiled Thorin Oakenshield and his companions,(comma or a punctuation, either will do) and The Necromancer is a little Easter egg that will link The Hobbit to Lord of the Rings(it's not a little easter egg, stop saying that, we've all figured it out and no one is happy about it).

these articles are shite.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri May 24, 2013 3:39 pm

admire your dedication Norc ! but that sometimes comes easy when you care enough. Nod Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat May 25, 2013 1:36 am

well, when they have articles on Brandybuck Commonbottom, how can i resist ! it's like.. i know so much ridiculous about him that if i ever met him, he'd be embarrassed.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat May 25, 2013 1:37 am

To be honest, I get a little embarrassed reading your posts about Commonbottom sometimes. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat May 25, 2013 2:02 am

what, why? because i know so much Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat May 25, 2013 5:02 pm

i think we now cans afely say that Bree (whoever writes the articles) is a Cumberbitch (it's like their third article!)

Benedict Cumberbatch on The Hobbit
by HOBBIT MOVIE NEWS on MAY 25, 2013

Well, Benedict Cumberbatch has surely made something of himself in just the beginning of this year. The British actor, already known for his deep and often menacing voice and the aura of mystery and charm that he can project, is it really any surprise that he has landed himself in so many roles across the film industry. Indeed, while he may have had humble beginnings, what with him beginning his career in acting as Titania, Queen of Fairies in a school production of Shakespeare’s A Midsummer’s Night’s Dream. Nonetheless, even his teachers praised his acting skills and noted what a pleasure it was to work with him.
Well, he’s already made waves playing the part of Sherlock Holmes in the British TV series Sherlock. While he’s the same great detective we’re all familiar with from the original works of Arthur Conan Doyle, the show has been cast into a more modern setting, where Sherlock Holmes must use the same deductive reasoning, logical thinking, clinical detachment and overall skills as a detective. Surprisingly, he even stars alongside Martin Freeman who plays as Dr. Watson in the series and also happens to be Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.

Then he’s the mysterious man simply known as John Harrison in Star Trek: Into Darkness. An enigmatic and extremely dangerous enemy to the crew of the Enterprise, he proves to have agendas of his own that reveal to the Enterprise that there is more to Starfleet than what it seems and that, despite its undeniable benevolence in a galaxy filled with mystery, wonder and danger, it too has a wealth of metaphorical skeletons in the closet. Seeing him in trailers, it’s arguable if J.J. Abrams had not chosen a better actor for playing the part of an agent shrouded in myth and as dangerous as any terrorist mastermind.

And of course we now have Benedict Cumberbatch in The Hobbit series where he plays, not just one role, but two in fact. He plays as the vicious and cunning dragon Smaug, the dragon responsible for the destruction of the dwarven kingdom of Erebor and the subsequent exile of Thorin Oakenshield. He also plays as The Necromancer of Dol Goldur, another mysterious figure who seems to also have mysterious agendas that readers of The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings are all too familiar with by now.

Anyway, Benedict Cumberbatch has gone on to note what a pleasure it is to play the part of Smaug the dragon in the second installment of The Hobbit trilogy, Desolation of Smaug. Apparently, being a fan of the works of Tolkien as a young boy, Benedict Cumberbatch’s father would often read to him at bedtime when he had done well. The fact that he would be part of the world Tolkien created was a dream come true, but the chance to portray the dragon he had always imagined to be a central element of the story was something else entirely. While we’ve seen little of the dragon so far, we’re certainly eager to finally see one of Benedict Cumberbatch’s best performances this coming December when Desolation of Smaug is finally released.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat May 25, 2013 5:08 pm

If they werent so badly wirtten Id suspect it was you!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next