Sinister71
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
Norc
29 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 6 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS]

Post by azriel Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:08 pm

dont knock it, after PJs had a go,anyone can do it ! Very Happy

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 6 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 6 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 6 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS]

Post by Ally Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:18 pm

azriel wrote:dont knock it, after PJs had a go,anyone can do it ! Very Happy

is that a metaphor for a vagina, pray tell

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:25 pm

Not my 1st thought, I have to say,

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 6 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:31 pm

Nor me when I read it but NOW it is!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:48 pm

This is interesting, possibly- from a facebook page-

The top row are orcs who were chasing the dwarves and Bilbo- and the bottom is what appears to be the same orcs all who are seen getting killed at ArseandBull.
So are they all zombie orcs afterall? (Explains why Sting doesnt glow when they are about)

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 6 559267_394901143951151_1369576097_n_zps1660d7a1

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:51 pm

oh no :S
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:24 pm

"Peter is a fantastic director. He likes to work in a very organic
process; the script is a very strong starting base but it will change
all the time. It's a fantastic way to work. You might get new pages of
text the day you're shooting sometimes, but it's just the way you work
on a project like this."- Willaim Kirher

Yeah just a shame they never learnt a lesson from LotR's- have a script first and tweak it as you need- dont make it up as you go along- the end product looks made up as they go along.
Its clear to me they dont really know what they want until they do it- and that does not seem a very good way to go about tackling an author as deep and complex as Tolkien to me.
Hardly surpising the scripts are the poorest things in TH and LotR's.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:28 pm

unless PJ is getting so lazy, hes using characters that he thinks we wont notice being used AGAIN ? There was an orc in ROTK (I think?) You can clearly see its a girl under the costume, &, bless her, the "head" doesnt quite fit properly & it wobbled a bit ! I wonder if I can find it on utube ??

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:16 pm

Apat rom the wobbly head bit I thought using women to play the smaller orcs was a smart move- the orc in TT that says of Merry and Pippin "they look tasty" was I think also played by a woman.
It gives a very nice physical nuance difference between traditinal orcs and the Uruks.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:32 pm

yes I agree, the smaller bodies helps to portray the different types of Orc.
as to that script thing, did he say it with gritted teeth?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:00 pm

Thanks for posting the image with the orc comparisons, Petty. Smile Given that Azog is all but confirmed to be a zombie I'm inclined to believe these guys are too. I hadn't noticed the design similarities while watching the film though (partially because I wasn't being super attentive, and partially because the Battle of Azanulbizar was a visual mess).
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:02 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Its clear to me they dont really know what they want until they do it- and that does not seem a very good way to go about tackling an author as deep and complex as Tolkien to me.

He also likes to shoot lots of different variations and then pick which one he goes with in editing. As with script revisions it's not a bad idea if done right, but it seems (from watching the EE documentaries) that PJ often didn't have a clear vision of what he wanted a scene to look like or contain until long after everything had been shot.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:04 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:"Peter is a fantastic director. He likes to work in a very organic
process; the script is a very strong starting base but it will change
all the time. It's a fantastic way to work. You might get new pages of
text the day you're shooting sometimes, but it's just the way you work
on a project like this."- Willaim Kirher

Yeah just a shame they never learnt a lesson from LotR's- have a script first and tweak it as you need- dont make it up as you go along- the end product looks made up as they go along.
Its clear to me they dont really know what they want until they do it- and that does not seem a very good way to go about tackling an author as deep and complex as Tolkien to me.
Hardly surpising the scripts are the poorest things in TH and LotR's.

this improvised method of filming and not sticking to their script is why we don't see arwen at helms deep

what an opprtunity missed!

100percent agree petartus

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:09 pm

That is exactly the impression and vibe I get from the EE's too and the comments of various actors- Kircher seems more diplomatic about it than most - and I dare say there are actors who quite like doing a film they dont have to bother learning the lines for until they are on set- Davies (Gimli) said he gave up bothering trying to learn his lines, as by the time he got on set the next day it was all rewritten again anyway.

CC I believe Arwen wasnt meant to be at Helms Deep- then they decided to change that when they were struggliing to work out how to include her in TT, then decided after shooting a lot of it to change it back again- if you watch the scene where Legolas is pulling Aragorn up on the rope they've just removed Arwen digitally from shot by the looks of it, as Legolas throws her a worried look over his shoulder, only she isnt there any more!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:12 pm

damn that would have been cool!

(((I can say that with a straight face Shocked ))))
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:23 pm

yes it would have bean.totaly

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:24 pm

Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:27 pm

in a purple velvet coat I love you
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:27 pm

CC12 35 wrote:this improvised method of filming and not sticking to their script is why we don't see arwen at helms deep

what an opprtunity missed!

100percent agree petartus

Touche.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 03, 2013 9:36 pm

Armitage interview- interesting what he says about reading the Sil ect to get the background on dwarves and having them in his head- shame all that knowledge is largely useless when taken to a PJ script!

http://www.cnet.com.au/richard-armitage-interview-339344161.htm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue May 07, 2013 5:18 am

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [SPOILERS] - Page 6 LIwMNWd
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue May 07, 2013 5:23 am

We should be seeing more clips soon ay.
Nice one Smile

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue May 07, 2013 11:30 pm

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue May 07, 2013 11:48 pm

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 08, 2013 3:24 am

PJ in reference to the barrel ride- 'its going to be quite a ride, yes, quite a ride.'
Me when Pj took over TH- 'He'll turn the barrel sequence into a fair ground ride.'

PJ predictability rating- Completely f***ing predicatble. Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next