Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
Orwell
Norc
Amariƫ
17 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 18 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole

Post by Eldorion Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:38 pm

Was it you who posted that? Suspect
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 18 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole

Post by Norc Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:59 pm

haha.. no
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:48 am

Suuure.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:03 am

i'll leave u to ur deductions ..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:39 pm

the bus-people finally get some support from locals Laughing
http://www.itromso.no/video/article7134445.ece
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:43 am

ommagawd.. the party (mom's 50's birthday) didn't end until.. like... now.. around 4 or 5. I fell asleep around two... so tired but sooo happy! and.. erm.. hungry. so i'll just eat leftovers while the others clean up.. oh, and mom thought it was really nice of Eldo to congratulate her Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:28 pm

I HEAR BIRDS TWEETING! MUST MEAN IT'S SPRING SOON!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:18 pm

i am just saying hello from my friend Harald. He says he miss you.

and that's about it.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:33 pm

now i feel really really safe. like these people protects our borders! cheers Norway

Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:51 pm

Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:10 pm

Washington (CNN) -- It's the dance sensation that's sweeping above the nation -- at 30,000 feet.

The Harlem shake has gone aloft, breaking out on commercial airline flights, and appearing in dozens of YouTube videos.

Some of the videos were taped aboard planes on the ground. But the Federal Aviation Administration says it is looking into one instance of high-altitude dancing.

And airline pilots, flight attendants and others say the fad presents serious safety and security problems.

"It's ridiculous," said Jim Tilmon, a retired 29-year airline pilot. "A commercial airplane in flight ... is not a dance hall, it's not an entertainment stage, it's not any of those things."
'Harlem Shake' dances to the bank
LSU students flash mob
New viral dance craze: 'Harlem Shake'
Would Wolf Blitzer do 'Harlem Shake'?

"It's cute, novel, all that sort of stuff," he said, adding, "Wrong place, wrong time."

Experts say they are not trying to be party poopers.

"I hate to be a bureaucratic kill-joy," agreed Steve Wallace, former director of the FAA's Office of Accident Investigation. "I think there is a safety issue here. Turbulence injuries are the most common type of injuries, and they are virtually eliminated when people are in their seat belts."

Dancing is a bad idea even on the ground, said Veda Shook, president of the Association of Flight Attendants. She fretted about being labeled a "buzz kill." But dancing impedes other passengers and makes it impossible for flight attendants to communicate with passengers, she said.

The FAA is looking into a 31-second video taken on a February 15 Frontier Airliners flight.

On that flight, 18 Colorado College students, on their way to an ultimate Frisbee tournament in San Diego, staged a Harlem shake as the plane soared over the Rocky Mountains.

What the dance has to do with Harlem

The students said they had the approval of the flight crew, who let them use the plane's public address system to tell other passengers about their intentions.

"We wanted to make sure that we followed every regulation and that nothing went wrong, and that it was OK with (the airplane crew)," said team member Matt Zelin. "We just figured being on a plane, you know, you need to make sure everything is safe, and we just talked to flight attendants and they were excited."

After the plane landed, they posted the video online, and it went viral.

"And so it went from kind of this, kind of joking around idea among the team to something that was reality, and then it was on YouTube and there were hundreds of thousands of views and now we're talking to you guys," Zelin said.

The seat belt sign was off during the videotaping, which took less than a minute, team members said.

"The video is a hand-held camera, so it's shaking and looking a lot worse than it is," said teammate Gavin Nachbar. "So we never felt unsafe the whole time, and we hope the FAA sees it the same way, and we assume that they will."

Why did the 'Harlem Shake' take off?

The FAA said it was "looking into" the video, bristling at the term "investigation." The agency said it is trying to determine whether the seat belt sign was on and the circumstances of the videotaping.

Frontier Airlines said it could not comment because of the FAA investigation, but said "all safety measures were followed and the seat belt sign was off."

"If I was king for a day, the criticism would first be leveled at the airline for encouraging this type of thing," said Tilmon, the retired pilot. "It may seem cute but you cannot tell me it is safe to have that number of people up out of their seat jumping up and down."

"If they're on my airplane, they're going to either sit down and fasten their seat belt, or I'm going to find a policeman to help them do it."

Tilmon, Wallace and Shook all raised the prospect of air turbulence, which airplanes can encounter without warning.

"That airplance can just flop all over the place, just suddenly," Tilmon said. "Once you have gone into that kind of turbulent air, your body becomes some kind of missile. It's not just you, it's who you are going to hit and injure as you go flying through the cabin."

A Harlem shake dance could also be used by terrorists to divert a crew's attention, the experts said.

"I think a federal air marshal might find that a bit confusing," Wallace said.

"You don't know what every person's intentions are," said Shook, the flight attendant.

The pilots said it was unlikely the dancing would upset a large aircraft's stability. "It depends on the airplane, the larger the airplane, the less the impact," Tilmon said.

Team members do not plan a repeat performance, saying sequels are never as good as original performances.

CNN's Tory Dunnan contributed to this report.

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 18 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 18 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:23 pm

today was crazy. it started off really well. The sun was actually a bit warming as i stood at the bustop, stil fucking cold, mind u. like -5 or -10... something.. but coming home?! JESUS CHRIST! snow and wind and icy wind and snow being whirled up ! it snowed upwards, sideways and mirrored! GAWD! glad i am inside.. i tried getting a picture (of what americans and brits would call a SNOW TORNADO CHAOS) but .. nevermind.. it didn't show the extremety well enough.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:09 pm

melting snow \ those months he wore \ compression gloves #haiku

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:29 pm

Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:55 pm

You sound so girly ! considering your 2nd language is "fuck"!, I love "nanna's gloves"! that weather is so.....so.....WILD! I enjoyed seeing your world,even for only 4minutes ! All the British do is whinge & whine about winter here, its like Jamaica compared to how you have it ! Is this stormy weather common where you live ? this wont go on for TO long will it ?! Hope you keep warm & safe ! That was intense ! thankyou for sharing that, Nod

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 18 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 18 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:50 am

haha, well ofcourse i sound girly, i am a girl Very Happy the british people and americans (expect the canadians and whatever, i am thinking of the ones in .. u know) are a bunch of whuss(es, plural?!). it's not always this bad, we have nice days too, like today Wink it's just we are right in the collision zone of the polar air and the tempered air so we get some storms now and then Very Happy and they tend to get wild ^^ currently it was a polar low pression air thing. but we do get longer periods of mild weather and cold, dry weather...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:05 pm

I KNOW your a girl, Norc ! your voice sounds sweet & feminine ! & youve a sweet face, makes it all the more funny when you swear or "go off on one"!
That was still an amazing storm tho Nod Id love to be able to travel & see more of the world, so when you or anyone else puts pics up,its so very interesting to me !! Razz

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:39 pm

haha, i know u know i am a girl, how u see my face as sweet i an no clue, i looked like a potato.. Wink and that wasn't really a storm Laughing more like... a fresh breeze ^^
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:14 pm

Norc, if you think you look like a potato, then Im the whole fecking sack full !! Nod

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:15 pm

looked like i was eating a potato.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:18 pm

fresh breeze? affraid I feel freezed to the marrow just looking at that weather. I hope that jacket is Gortex cos it looked very tiny. It makes me want to hibernate until May.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:32 pm

Sometimes I wish we DID hibernate thru winter ! stock up on chocolate, wrap up in a soft snuggily quilt, curl up in a corner & conk out till warmer weather ! I think the gene is in us, I wanna sleep MORE in winter,yet Im buzzing in the sunny,warm days !!

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:02 pm

yeah me too. I feel like a different person in the sunshine and a bit of warmth. much happier and more energy. In Winter I feel sluggish and tired all the time. what do they call it S.A.D?
that brings back a memory.
I remember when I was a kid, we had to walk round a huge uv lamp in a dark room. I only remember it vaguely, it was dark and we had to all wear goggles, me and a load of other kids, we were in our bathing costumes, and it smelt of ozone. I think it was to prevent rickets because people did have rickets in days of yore, I remember a load of kids had leg braces. You dont see that in England any more.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:09 pm

Ah, the old days ! Nod The smell of paraffin, coal tar soap & moth balls ! My mum is 74yrs old & she used to tell of sickly kids & how she was very ill with whooping cough,not as a baby but as a child. We had the school nurse in those days,keeping a check on us, & "Nitty Norah"! with her scratchy comb !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:06 pm

haha, yeah, know the feeling of wanting to hibernate, tell me about it Razz it's like pitch dark here for like three months, even more .. yeah.. here they add vitamin D to brown cheese and a certain type of milk Smile since we don't get much in the winter Very Happy

no, not gortex jacket (i've only heard of gortex shoes) only this feathered jacket. doesn't do water well, but it isolates really good Smile
Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 18 Kari+traa+jakke

omg.. i googled gortex jacket.. it may serve against he win, but it looks so cold.. i would use that maybe around spring or autumn.. or even summer

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 18 Norroena-Trollveggen-Gore-Tex-Pro-Shell-Jacket-H_product_image_big
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next