Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
Orwell
Norc
Amariƫ
17 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 19 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:45 pm

I think they use Gortex in the Arctic or for climbing Everest and stuff, could be wrong. But feather padded coats are good too. As is coating yourself with seal blubber, but thats a bit smelly Laughing
I had whooping cough, and Measles, and Dysentery, and massive earaches, oh and huge nosebleeds. I was very busy being sick as a kid. Took being sick quite seriously, it was almost a career move I was so good at it.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 19 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole

Post by azriel Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:59 pm

cripes Mrs Figg ! your a walking biology lesson ! Did you get any childhood ? I feel for you suffering Dysentery ! & whooping cough ! Shocked I used to suffer nose bleeds for years, but I think thats cos my mum let me fall off the kitchen table when I was a wee nipper & I landed face down. (either that or she PUSHED me off ? Suspect )

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 19 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 19 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:29 am

luckily I dont remember actually being sick, I think the nosebleeds were growing pains, I grew out of them. But the Dysentery was the worst, I drank some river water in France. Sometimes I think you develop a stronger immune system and less allergies if you catch bugs as a kid, obviously not the bad ones, but the mild ones that dont leave any lasting damage like some of the worst ones do. I think was a mistake when they used to take kids tonsils out, as tonsils are there for a good reason, but they thankfully dont do that any more.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:15 am

Mrs Figg wrote:
I had whooping cough, and Measles, and Dysentery, and massive earaches, oh and huge nosebleeds. I was very busy being sick as a kid. Took being sick quite seriously, it was almost a career move I was so good at it.

lol!

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:45 pm

poor figgy Very Happy i am never sick sadly Sad no days off ..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:42 pm

Hey to go back a page or so and be crabbit Norc- I resent you saying British- lumping us hardy and generally blue Scotshobbits in with those namby pamby english hobbits who turn up to go mountaineering in sandals (and with no buckie!) and then wonder why they are freeing to death half way up a mountain. Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:57 pm

erm... what are u saying? yes, maybe englishmen are a better word to use, although u find those dumb people everywhere. if you walk up a mountain in convers-shoes and don't complain however.. that's true viking strength.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:10 pm

I am saying Scotshobbits are hardier than those southern softies living in the sun. Twisted Evil After all Vikings and Scots joined forces (eventually) and got on just fine- sharing a love of buckie and violence in equal measure Twisted Evil but the English let the Danish nick half their country for goodness sake and the French nicked the rest!

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:26 pm

Southern softies ? Il give you southern softie ! just cos us southern lot enjoy finer things,like a good wine, a nice cheese, the charm of sweet words recited by some Frenchie, (or as we say...a booze up,kebab & a bunk up!) Dont take it for granted we are ALL softies ! Oh lily pallid white skin of the far north, who's so called cos, the blue the old scotshobbits used wasnt called woad, it was called "Oh whoa" cos they froze to death & it added some sort of colour ? WE,on the other hand have the delights of a warmer sunnier climate.Not that it is our fault, I blame "Blackadder" If half of them wasnt so Foppish, & limp wristed we'd be more aggressive ! Very Happy

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 19 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 19 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:47 pm

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 19 ImagesCA0VAW96_zps2baee203
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:28 pm

he sings about it being spring.. like april.

(shamelessly promoting my town Very Happy )
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:31 pm

this is epic

everyone is a whuss when they stop and panic over a bit of snow.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:47 pm

Hello Norc, On thursday march 7th, you shared a vid of your bad weather ? well, guess what ? we've got it now ! Very Happy Its been really hard going today ! The snow was blowing horizontally & so fiercely, we were stuck behind no-end of cars sliding down the hill & some kind hearted residents came out to push each one of us back UP the hill, took us 2hrs to drive 5miles across town tonight. Hot soup for me now & a hot bath to relax. Nod Sleep
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:33 pm

haha, the only difference, life went by normally Very Happy good to kmow it went well, hot soup sounded yummy after that Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:37 pm

Got to say I couldtnt help but laugh- the english got some snow and people were stuck 14 hours in their cars- and then I saw the footage on the news it was like,'thats not proper snow, its only a coating of white!'

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 19 Drivers-negotiate-the-snow-pic-gett_zps6149600d

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:13 pm

they said it was snow chaos in Berlin when we arrived. it was cold, yes, but snow chaos? it looked like spring. Laughing
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:43 pm

I love how the Norwegian easter has norhing to do with Jesus or spring Razz not Even what most people do Laughing
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:49 pm

So what do you do at Easter? Suspect {{{ I get the feeeling I am going to regret asking that}}}

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 19 181079_442833622459592_1056566454_n_zps61c253b4

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:00 pm

The England snow picture reminded me of this bit from Jimmy Kimmel. Razz

Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:07 pm

(omg, i had to convert the temperature and i am laughing so hard right now.. omg..)

we go skiing, eat chocolate (a special one called kvikk lunsj) eat oranges, drink hot chocolate, eat lots of candy, read/whatch crime stories, go to cabins in the woods and.. yeah.. that's pretty much it
Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 19 P_ske_COVER_4801536aFjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole - Page 19 Ok71Zk6HTq5Vli6ExmSYOQF0xS7GHfB02Rs58iL5u6fA
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:18 pm

50! Id melt on the spot. Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:22 pm

that's like.. summer. i'de dig out my shorts.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:24 pm

I didn't know oranges were a big thing in Norway. I'd imagine they'd be expensive imports, no?

Pettytyrant101 wrote:50! Id melt on the spot. Mad

50 in Fahrenheit is 10 in Celsius. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:31 pm

As norc said- thats like summer! We consider anything above 20 to be an unbearable heatwave. 10 is uncomfortable.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:35 pm

I didn't know oranges were a big thing in Norway. I'd imagine they'd be expensive imports, no? - Eldo

omg.. FACEPALM! do you think i live on the north pole?! and live on seal fat and cod? of course we have oranges! and they're from spain mostly so no, they're not that expensive, rather the opposite, especially in easter!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next