Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please)

+50
Cowley 121
Hillbilly
Anne
Bluebottle
Yavanna
malickfan
Forest Shepherd
Laivine
bungobaggins
Radaghast
RA
jon
Jac Jackson
TheUberNerdyKid
widfara
leelee
Barnamir
irca
Karakehribar
CC12 35
azriel
the truth
Foolofatook
MeikoElektra
David H
chris63
yooper
Monicawang
Kendalf
Lancebloke
Kafria
Turembar
halfwise
odo banks
feanor 1999
Semiramis
Norc
Mrs Figg
Aiglos
Lester Cat
Taniwha
Orwell
Tinuviel
Ally
Amarië
Squach
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
PiP
Eldorion
54 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 7 Empty Re: Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please)

Post by Eldorion Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:04 pm

Nora informed me about the new guy on Facebook. I mentioned that I hope he isn't a spammer looking for free publicity, but even if he is, then maybe it means another Hobbit site has realized we're big enough to want to draw the attention of. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 7 Empty Re: Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please)

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:08 pm

mmmm. Dodgy way to go about things- join, start a thread, introduce yourself then sell us your stuff- like the Wobbit does! Wink (Where is he these days anyway? Made his fortune and forgotten about us no doubt!)
I reckon if they dont post at all we should strike them off the member list- just sophisticated spamming otherwise.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:09 pm

If it turns out they're nothing but a spammer, we could change their name to something more suitable. Say, hobbitmovieforum.com Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:13 pm

Now thats devious thinking Eldo and is why you are the Admin! A politicians trick if ever there was one! I'm all for it (assuming they dont post).

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:03 pm

what an odd name for an avatar though? thehobbitmovie.co.uk? weird.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:52 am

I'd like to know how much Forumshire is worth? I'd expect a cut, you know... Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:57 am

Less than Bilbo's shirt, I believe study Trollface

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 7 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:03 pm

Morning all,

My name's Lance, I'm 23 and from Essex. Wahey!!!

(Is that a suitably 'Take me Out' introduction?)

Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:40 pm

hello Lance. I'm Norc.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi Norc, I'm Lance! :facepalm:
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:55 pm

Hullo Lance, and welcome. Best way to deal with forumshire is just roll with it. You'll understand what I mean later.

(and those are feet not ears.)

Last edited by halfwise on Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:05 pm

Lancebloke wrote:Morning all,

My name's Lance, I'm 23 and from Essex. Wahey!!!

(Is that a suitably 'Take me Out' introduction?)

Hullo Lance,
Welcome to Forumshire. Not sure what you mean by 'take me out' unless it's a reference to Essex. Some of us foriegners don't know the internal pecking-order of England. Essex is in England right ? Wink

Oh, and about Halfwit's claim as to those being '...feet, not ears.' That is not yet unanimously accepted.
Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:12 pm

Turembar wrote:
Oh, and about Halfwit's claim as to those being '...feet, not ears.' That is not yet unanimously accepted.

Banghead

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:42 pm

Yes, Essex is in England.

'Take me Out' is in reference to a particularly poor Saturday night dating gameshow type thing that I am forced to watch every week. My introduction was in recognition of the opening line as the 'single man' is required to 'revealing himself' (i.e. identify, not take his clothes off).
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:48 pm

I'd love to see that show in reverse- where a woman is brought out to be mercilessly judged on their appearence and personality instantly by a group of guys, and with scorn and derision. Bet it wouldn't last more than a week before there was an overwhleming outcry it was cruel and offensive to women- odd when it's the other way round its sudenly 'just a laugh.'

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:58 pm

I was going to write something that could have been construed as very sexist, but since it is my first day in this forum, thought that I had better not (plus it wouldnt have been taken how I meant it at all... which was not sexist!).

Anyway, let's face it... at least they get a chance to know some incredibly basic facts before they get their free holiday. Not like that Chris Moyles and Stacey Solomon rubbish!!! I don't get that program at all (WTF do the pay Stacey for?)
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:18 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I'd love to see that show in reverse- where a woman is brought out to be mercilessly judged on their appearence and personality instantly by a group of guys, and with scorn and derision. Bet it wouldn't last more than a week before there was an overwhleming outcry it was cruel and offensive to women- odd when it's the other way round its sudenly 'just a laugh.'

Lol! But I doubt it would even last 24 hrs before getting the axe. Laughing
Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:28 pm

Hey! Lance! Why Lancebloke? Seriously, with a name like that you should have picked "Lancelot"!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:00 pm

Hi Lancebloke you will find that even Essex blokes are welcome here. Wink I am from oop North so prepare yourself for a gentle but yet respectful ribbing, hope you dont mind? Very Happy Are you the same Lance from the HobbitMovie Forum. sorry if you arent I was just curious.

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:08 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I'd love to see that show in reverse- where a woman is brought out to be mercilessly judged on their appearence and personality instantly by a group of guys, and with scorn and derision. Bet it wouldn't last more than a week before there was an overwhleming outcry it was cruel and offensive to women- odd when it's the other way round its sudenly 'just a laugh.'

I'm sorry do you read any of the papers... a woman is far more likely to have her weight / outfit / date / activities in the press than anything to do with how she conducts herself!

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:09 pm

Oh and hello Lance,
*waves*

welcome to the madhouse!

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:25 pm

a woman is far more likely to have her weight / outfit / date / activities in the press than anything to do with how she conducts herself!- Kafria

Not as part of an acceptable Saturday night gameshow she isn't!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:27 pm

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 7 05_07_04

Hi and welcome, Lance! Cheerleader

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:34 pm

Welcome to Forumshire, Lance! Very Happy I had the same thought as Mrs Figg, wondering if you were the same guy from the other Hobbit forum. Whatever the case, it's great to have you here and posting so much right off the bat. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:36 pm

I asked him that too, and I think it is the same Lance. Very Happy In which case cool.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next