Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
halfwise
Forest Shepherd
azriel
14 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 35 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:49 pm

halfwise wrote:AHA!  There's your hook.  Go at least partly into that story as a framing device.  That's got sex and scandal.  Then drape your artists into that story.  Did she have anything to do with the artists from Europe coming in?

No, I was kidding. That king and Anna was the dad of the one I studied. That was King Mongkut, he had black teeth and looked nothing like Yul Brynner.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 35 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by halfwise Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:53 pm

I see that the younger one wasn't very happy with Anna's book, though I would think he would be one that she tutored. But black teeth is interesting. Italians pining for home cooked food would be interesting. Then you shovel in the art history around that. Might take you 10 years but you may have another book.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:00 am

halfwise wrote:Ah, 4 small nozzles - too small to see in that video.   I could swear I saw somewhere an entire engine that would swivel.

You might be thinking of the F35B (basically the Harrier replacement). On that the entire rear nozzle routes down and at the same time a big chunk on the top open up exposing a big fan.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:35 pm

Fuck this.

Just...................whatever - Page 35 Screen12

Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:42 pm

~97° F? At least it's not humid! (Or is it?)

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:45 pm

Not humid. Unlike NYC which will be a few degrees cooler but feel much hotter....for the next two weeks. Mad

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:49 pm

its 40 degrees here and it will be for the next two weeks. So fuq dat. Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:44 pm

Humidity is about 31% so not too bad in that department. But sitting at a computer all day and no air con is just shit.

Office day tomorrow so get the air con although it is supposed to be a bit cooler.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:18 pm

The hamlet is having its annual party almost under my bedroom window in the piazza, lots of people eating and a band playing serious honky tonk. Its a covid party, so not going. Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:13 pm

Outdoors should be relatively safe. At some point you need to get on with life.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:40 pm

No Nope not doing that. Too risky, they were all bunched up talking loudly and coughing on each other. Super spreading event.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:24 pm

Oh, right.  Italians in normal conversation.  Whole different world.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:03 pm

Even so, better to move on with life.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:08 pm

not doing that until its safe.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:05 am

{{ Late to the party but congratulations Figg on getting published, I'm so chuffed for you Nod cheers Well done. }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:03 pm

Thumbs Up thanks Petty. Kissing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:41 am

Had covid for the last week. Apart from a tickly throat and the lack of taste I've been fine. Guess I've been one of the lucky ones.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:27 pm

I am glad its not too bad for you Chris. Maybe you were vaccinated and that helped?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:10 pm

I had the omicron version (I assume) a few weeks ago. Finrod got it a week after. I took a home test the first day I felt sick, just to be sure. It didn’t feel like a normal flu.

No loss of taste or smell, no fever to speak of. But worn out and mostly sleeping for 5 days. Coughing before and after. Took a few days to feel back to normal.

Don't know where I picked it up. I had been to Scarborough with the kids' marching band for the Long Awaited Trip To England. All on all it was five airports, two hotels, a day in Flamingoland, and queueing for busses and passport checks and so on. Still waiting for Heathrow to cough up the rest of our luggage and instruments.
Was technically in Manchester, but only passing in a bus to the airport.

Kids didn't get sick, but son was coughing. Kids have one vaccine, we have two.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:13 am

Had all 3 jabs. Probably go for the 4th.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:15 pm

With the world as it is I am sure I will get it again and that is fine. I am sure I will get other, worse things that I haven't worried about up to this point and my immune system needs the practise.

Went to a concert in London recently as was very surprised I didn't pick it up, maybe I did and recent infection meant I fought it off quickly.

Either way, bring on the next virus fight!!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:48 pm

Amarië wrote:I had the omicron version (I assume) a few weeks ago. Finrod got it a week after. I took a home test the first day I felt sick, just to be sure. It didn’t feel like a normal flu.

No loss of taste or smell, no fever to speak of. But worn out and mostly sleeping for 5 days. Coughing before and after. Took a few days to feel back to normal.

Don't know where I picked it up. I had been to Scarborough with the kids' marching band for the Long Awaited Trip To England. All on all it was five airports, two hotels, a day in Flamingoland, and queueing for busses and passport checks and so on. Still waiting for Heathrow to cough up the rest of our luggage and instruments.
Was technically in Manchester, but only passing in a bus to the airport.

Kids didn't get sick, but son was coughing. Kids have one vaccine, we have two.

oh Scarborough cool! did you like it?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:04 pm

Other than a song and a beach, what has Scarborough got that makes it worth visiting?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:54 pm

halfwise wrote:Other than a song and a beach, what has Scarborough got that makes it worth visiting?

A whole lot. It has a mediaeval castle on the cliff top, small cute fishing village, a port full of fishing vessels and salty seadogs, long miles of firm golden sand, sea weedy rock pools, spa resort with bandstand, tons of large white Victorian villas, 2 funicular railways, tacky but fun seaside funfair, fresh fish and chips, envigorating sea air, friendly people, good climate, flower filled parks, a long seaside promenade, and an indefinable atmosphere of shabby 19th century grandeur. Its fabulous.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:03 pm

Can't get that just thumbing through google earth.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum