azriel
Amarië
Mrs Figg
12 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

All New Who - Page 14 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:16 pm

{{{ Fun is something the new series needs to rediscover in my view!

Stumbled on this 12 tribute vid- think its the best one Ive seen in terms of covering 12 completely in all his aspects- also excellent editing and music choices, well worth a watch }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:15 pm

{{{ Laughing  (And this is just from series 8- the grumpy Doctor series! }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:59 pm

Big Finish are recasting The Brigadier and Kamelion, the latter was a non-character as far as I'm concerned and far from a fan favourite so I have no idea how they are going to develop him(?) but Culshaw is a talented impressionist so will probably do something interesting with the part.

As for recasting The Brigadier...I've always been against recasting without good reason and it feels like way too soon since Nicholas Coutney's passing, but BF have already recast the 3rd Doctor so they might as well recast the other major player of the era, Culshaw certainly does a very accurate impression Shocked sounds virtually the same to my ears.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/kamelion-returns-to-doctor-who

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/third-doctor-jo-grant-and-liz-shaw-return

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:59 pm

All New Who - Page 14 Cyberm10

All New Who - Page 14 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

All New Who - Page 14 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:01 pm

well they do say smoking kills Razz Neutral

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:24 pm

That was rather good! Not so subtle that hotel dude, but... It was Doctor Who!

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:32 pm

{{{I thought that was the worst one yet!

Initial spoilery thoughts-

Spoiler:

Giving this one 4 out of 10 and the 4 are for the bodyguard death scene and the scenes with Grahame. Everything else was worse than terrible this week.

additional- thing that's beginning to really annoy and spark the crabbit- why cant 13 use her sonic without making that ridiculous open-legged, arm fully extended poster pose every single time, can't she just wave it about it a bit and save the big poses for something more dramatic than opening a door! Mad }}

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:36 am; edited 3 times in total

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:07 am

{{My little brother messaged me after watching tonights epiosde with a very good question I couldn't answer-

I' don't understand this doctor, like what are her traits?'

Good question- she doesn't like guns and can be vocable about it, like 10, she makes quirky or humorous references a lot to off-screen historical figures she as met, like 11 and 12, she apologies to people and things a lot, saying sorry a lot, like 10 did, but other than being female I cant really think of much to distinguish her Doctors personality, its more a mishmash of NuWHo Doctors without much of its own brought to the table (even the custard cream thing seems like a rehash of 11's love for jammy dodgers) . Apart from maybe overly cheerful and optimistic I dont know what her traits are.

Any takers on trying to define 13's personality and what makes her stand out from the other NuWho Doctors? }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:14 am

Boobs, and that is all.
I forgot it was on this week & didn't watch it so saving myself from squirming & looking up to the ceiling hoping for some divine intervention Smile I still think the Beeb has signed its own "practical joke" death warrant over this.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:57 pm

It sounds like the kind of episode I hate the most. Suspect I like spiders. alien
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:33 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{I thought that was the worst one yet! [...]
}}

I suppose Moffat must be to blame somehow. scratch

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:31 pm

{{Well I'm squarely blaming Chibbers Blue Nod sure others can find a way to blame Moffat for it!  Very Happy But Chibnal wrote this one too, and next weeks (  Mad ) and it has all the same issues as previous episodes this series- a paper thin plot, no villain, no substance, nothing meaty for the Doctor to do, and thinly drawn characters and story given through exposition.

I mean take this weeks poor effort- giant spiders- how did they get giant?- toxic waste caused mutations. Really? That ancient chestnut of a scifi idea? This is Doctor Who, why is it so boring and unimaginative? Why arent they psychic spiders from Metabilis III? Why aren't they part of a crazy master-plan by the Rani to gain immortality gone wrong? Or part of a intergalactic spider empire? Why haven't they fallen through a wormhole from prehistory when insects really were much bigger? Anything other than mutated by toxic bloody waste! - this isn't a Simson episode with a three-eyed fish (already more inventive than Chibbers Who!) Mad

And the politics is painful on the nose and noxiously shoved in your face front and centre- bad enough we get the Trump caricature but they also get corporate and capitalist greed in there, an environmental message about human waste and dumping and some more capitalisms bashing, anti-guns rhetoric, and if thats not all enough they even get a bloody coal mine in there- ooh wasn't Thacher evil! Its incredible, the hotel is literally just layers of right on anger!

Who can occasionally be bad, it can be campy, it can be silly- but up till now it was never so lacking in imagination or so boring in its ideas or so clumsy in its politics!!!  Evil or Very Mad }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:43 pm

{{Chibbers made a big deal that we would not have any returning villains or bad guys- all new monsters we were promised, and what have we got so far? Lets see-

1. Predator knock off that hunts people to prove his worth and takes a tooth from the corpse as a trophy that he then sticks in his face. Gives his entire backstory and reason for existing in one scene of blurted out exposition.

2. Psychic killer bandages that can only come out at night (for reasons never explained) no personality obviously, they are bandages, but they do have a backstory, its blurted out in a scene of exposition by the Doctor. And they do have a cryptic plot message to deliver before being blown up and never mentioned or a threat again.

3. A racist. That's all I've got, that's all we get. He is racist. What little backstory he has, guess what? Yup its blurted out in a scene of exposition. Anyone noticing a shitty pattern here?

4. Giant mutant spiders. But they arent really bad, just the victims of evil humans and their damage to the environment and science experiments (heaven forbid the Doctor promote science in a good light again!!) and trump guy isn't really bad, just a dick head, so um no villain- but so as you dont miss it, the plot, or what passes for it, is explained in not one, not two, but three glorious scenes of exposition! The science lady tells us all about her experiments, the spiders, and how they dispose of stuff, the Trump guy tells about the hotel, the landfill, the mine and that he owns the dumping company, and the Doctor tells us how all the dots neatly join together to equal giant mutant spiders. Oh good.

Anyone else hankering for a good Dalek, Cyberman or even a Sontaran story? (they are rich for re-imagining as evil bastards again experimenting on species to find their breaking points so as to make better war against them).}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:52 pm

Let us not forget Ice Warriors and Vashta Nerada, Weeping Angels ( well creepy ) The clockwork dolls ( for want of a better word ) that looked like venetian cello players ? ...creepy. Ive found a list of aliens, monsters & down right bad eggs on Wikki Smile

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Doctor_Who_villains

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:53 pm

{{Well here we are again, this weeks-

Things That didn't Make Any Sense!

(note Ive probably missed lots, this is still on the first watch, I haven't managed to bring myself to watch this one again yet!)
Spoiler:
Why doesn't any of it make sense, again?!!!  Arghhhh! My head!!! Evil or Very Mad  I need buckie!!! Twisted Evil drunken drunken drunken }}}

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:57 pm

{{Az- yup ton of great villains and monsters from classic and NuWho, and I'm not at all adverse to people creating new ones- that's how we got the Weeping Angels and the Silence and Vashta Nerada, and the peg-dolls and lots of others- but what we've got so far with 13 doesn't come close to any of those let alone the classic villains like the Master/Missy or Cybermen or Daleks. And I dont see why having new ones should exclude having some classic ones too- its worked for every other series of Who since series 2 of classic when the Daleks returned for the first of many, many times!  }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:23 pm

Not going very well is it. There's a saying "if it aint broke why mend it". I know things can get tired or a bit jaded but, has anyone ever said "oh no not Daleks again !" ? I don't think so. IF, & its a bloody big if, IF I tune in this weekend & its still a shower of shit IL be gutted. Gutted because the Beeb has pushed a long loved show thru the ringer & squeezed out everything that made this the most durable magical sci-fi prog that's out stripped & out lived many many other sci-fi progs. You cant say "Great Britain" without attaching Dr Who to it, Its so dam iconic & known the world over. Now ? if it goes on like this don't fool yourself, this will go down in the history books ( read by little Venusian's ) as a right royal cock up & for what ? IL say it. So woman can beat their chests & say we can be Dr Who just as good as any man. No, you fecking cant. You cant have "Jane" Bond, "Ethel" Hunt, "Simone" Templer, "Valerie" helsing, Whats next ? "Mums" Army ?

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:09 pm

Nah, Jodi's doing fine. If the writing allows, she'll be a brilliant. That's a big if, though.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:25 pm

{{I agree its not because the Doctor is a woman, its because the Doctor is being badly written in bland badly written stories with bland badly written character around her facing bland badly written villains.
13 is starting to come over like a hyperactive puppy about to wet itself in excitement at everything, but a large part of that is because the stories and scripts haven't given her Doctor anything else but that to do, there is no counter side to it, no darker side, no tragic side beyond her big puppy eye routine at being lonely, and no good villains for her to get morally outraged or disgusted by. And the plots she has been involved in haven't allowed her Doctor to shine in the brilliance stakes because they are all so simple.
Performance wise I still dont get a sense of her commanding the room, of focusing attention on herself the way the Doctor normally has, nor do I get a sense, as I did say with Matt Smiths performance, of an old soul in a young body- she just seems young, and at times, by the Doctors normal standards, a bit slow on the uptake (though that is the writing again not the performance, though sometimes the face she pulls when someone is explaining stuff to her is a bit gormless looking)- like not thinking of using her own sonic to make a noise with.}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:40 am

Breaking news! Extry-extry read all about it!
Spoiler:

My thoughts:

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:58 am

Great points Petty about Yas' inconsistencies towards her family, and how the companions all want to go exploring with the Doctor despite going with the Doctor being an absolute shit-show so far. The over-riding theme with this Doctor is that she can't steer her T.A.R.D.I.S.! She's barely able to land it in the right spot until this episode! So she can't even offer them some amazing sights, just the privilege of helping to pull her random-destination-lever.

And, of course, how incredibly boring the monsters were this week. No villain, and boring-ass monsters.

And the Doctor's apparent delight in spider-cruelty!

Wow, this episode keeps getting worse.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:00 am

I cant stand the thought of the Doctor being casually cruel and thoughtless to animals its just not right. The Doctor saves creatures, that's what he does and has always done. He even saved a Slitheen ffs.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:13 am

{{Its worse than that Figg precisely because she isn't thoughtless about it- this is what she says about the spiders when she is giving one of her anti-gun speeches in this episode-

'Whatever happened, those are living, breathing organisms out there and we treat them with dignity.'

Spoiler:
}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:10 am

I think it calls for an Intergalactic police force to sort this Dr out ! Down here on Earth we have the RSPCA, nurrrr ! Put that in yer sonic screwdriver & swizzle it.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:18 am

It's hardly top shelf writing.

But before you all go overboard with rage and hate, please tell me how long it took before 12 was fully in place as The Doctor?

We had a full episode of Clara crying "he's oooold, he's oooold!" And 12 either bullied a robot into suicide or threw it off a plane (?). And all plot holes and loose ends were excused by being red herrings and clearly placed there for a reason.

Which Doctor has not skipped about and being excited, oooing and awwwing at this and that? She even says she's still finding out who she us, but no, can't give her the slack we gave 13 can we?

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum