+4
halfwise
Pettytyrant101
malickfan
Forest Shepherd
8 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

The Hobbit Trilogy Location-Elimination Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The Hobbit Trilogy Location-Elimination Game

Post by bungobaggins Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:07 pm

I was honestly shocked when I came back to this thread and found that Laketown was in the lead and places like Beorn's house and Gollum's cave were eliminated. But if I have to pick between the shitty Laketown and even shittier Lonely Mountain? Well I'll pick Laketown.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

The Hobbit Trilogy Location-Elimination Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The Hobbit Trilogy Location-Elimination Game

Post by Eldorion Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:26 pm

I'm just glad it wasn't a hollow mountain that won it. Razz

Thanks for an entertaining thread, Forest!
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:59 am

{{{oh the shame!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Sad truth is there was not a single part of those films deserved to win anything! }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:40 pm

The Hobbit Trilogy Location-Elimination Game - Page 5 4JCVh

And our winner is Laketown!  cheers  :clap: :clap: :clap: cheers  

{{{ Mad Mad Mad }}}

The Hobbit Trilogy Location-Elimination Game - Page 5 Tumblr_mkqcgzCwVn1qbce82o1_500

The Hobbit Trilogy Location-Elimination Game - Page 5 D5SJNXD

{{{You guys did this!  Banghead  Extremely Crabbit  :facepalm: No F You :drum: }}}

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:52 pm

The award was for the set, NOT the characters placed in that set.  I will say unabashedly that Laketown was the coolest set.  Perhaps Dale in the flashbacks was cooler but we barely saw that.  

The Lonely Mountain interior made no sense; more like a video game set than a movie set.  Thranduil's cave was a set for theatre-in-the-round, not a real movie. Gollum's cave was best for sticking to the script, but the set was nothing more than a cave.  Beorn's house was a nice wooden hall, but didn't hold a candle to the likes of Meduseld.  

So Laketown wins fair and square as the obvious best set.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:02 pm

The Hobbit Trilogy Location-Elimination Game - Page 5 Mmhmm-Right

(I mean you know I'd do the same for any other location that won, but technically you're right I grudgingly admit.)

Here's the winner then (large image, scroll out if you can't see it all.)

The Hobbit Trilogy Location-Elimination Game - Page 5 Latest?cb=20150308165514

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:21 pm

Um...that's actually pretty small, Forrest.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:12 am

Is this a humble-brag about how massive your screen is, or did you miss part of the image?

1920x800 is a pretty wide image on most screens.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:19 am

It's showing up as a 200x83 pixel image for me even when I open it in a new tab. Shrugging
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:23 am

Reposting for halfy and I's sakes (found the original on the LOTR Wikia but it was giving me difficulty there too Suspect). Click the image for the full gigantic version.

The Hobbit Trilogy Location-Elimination Game - Page 5 E4a1K0Gh
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:49 am

It is for me now as well. Weird!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:08 pm

Glad Forrest is suffering through the shrinking image thingy.  Perhaps a new filter has been added to forumotion that shrinks down big images?

Clicking on Eldo's image still doesn't give me a gigantic one. Just takes me imgur, which doesn't get very big for me.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:31 pm

If the Imgur link is taking you to a page on their site rather than the direct link to the image (hopefully it isn't, but sometimes they redirect you there), then right-clicking that version of the image to open it in a new tab will show you the full one.

After doing so, or if the Imgur link is taking you to the direct URL of the image in the first place like it's supposed to, then the size at which it displays will depend on the size of your browser window, but clicking the image will let you zoom in the whole way.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:29 pm

Ah, had to explore multiple click approaches. Pretty random.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5