azriel
Ringdrotten
Norc
Mrs Figg
Forest Shepherd
17 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 34 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [7]

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:57 pm

malickfan wrote:Ah I was partly right at least...would it be a bad thing to say I instantly knew it was Figgs from her scowling expression? Laughing Sofa  

Interesting that the forum seems to be largely split between groups in their early 20's and those in early middle age, does Tolkien not appeal to 30 year olds?

whaddayamean scowling? Suspect  I was actually smiling under that massive scarf Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 34 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [7]

Post by Eldorion Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:57 pm

malickfan wrote:yeah, I have a middle name as well which I'm not going to say.

But malick's fine.

Petty-Jason(?)
Figgs-Julia(?)
You-Jacob(?)
Chris-Chris(?)

Then I'm lost.

I wasn't especially active on Bree but I do remember some people's names from back when most people used their real names there. Wink

And yep, my name is Jacob. I have a middle name too (which was part of my name on Bree before I realized I could use a pseudonym) but I mostly avoid using it these days. Razz

Last edited by Eldorion on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:59 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:
malickfan wrote:Ah I was partly right at least...would it be a bad thing to say I instantly knew it was Figgs from her scowling expression? Laughing Sofa  

Interesting that the forum seems to be largely split between groups in their early 20's and those in early middle age, does Tolkien not appeal to 30 year olds?

whaddayamean scowling? Suspect  I was actually smiling under that massive scarf Laughing

Course you were... or perhaps hiding a beard of your own?

Suspect Laughing Kissing

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:00 pm

There's a pic of bungo floating around somehwere as well I think?

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:00 pm

malickfan wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:
malickfan wrote:I look like a right miserable sod, glad my hair isn't sticking up too much in that photo (on my right side is where I cracked my head open as a kid, the hairline grew back a bit crooked in the far corner so it tends to stick up a bit).

Wave hi Malick. nice to meet you in person.

your beard is way better than mine. Thumbs Up

Wave Kissing Laughing

My nan had something of an stubbly old lady chin beard in her last years before she died, so you still have time to catch up!

yep hormones are a bitch. Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:02 pm

Just noticed you are getting very close to 22k posts Figgsy! cheers

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:03 pm

malickfan wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:

Course you were... or perhaps hiding a beard of your own?

Suspect Laughing Kissing

its a bit of a Tormund Giantsbane menopause stylee. pale
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:10 pm

Had to google that name Laughing No

Could be worse...you could have a hairy arse instead...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:20 pm

[quote="Eldorion"]
malickfan wrote:Looking at the old picture (can't quote because the thread is locked) I recognise you, Az, Norc, Chris, Lelee, Petty and possibly Am but not sure on the others.

In addition to the people you mentioned, the collage also shows Dave, Elena, Figg, Halfy, Nagual, and Orwell.

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 34 Forums16[/quo

Just wondering, do you have all these forum milestones bookmarked or saved somewhere? Or just a really good memory form all the years as forum admin?

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:21 am

malickfan wrote:Just wondering, do you have all these forum milestones bookmarked or saved somewhere? Or just a really good memory form all the years as forum admin?

I'd say it's mostly down to memory, sometimes augmented with Google site search (though that's not always reliable), and just poking around in old threads where I think things might be when I'm not sure. Sometimes I'll check other retrospective posts I've made to see if I'd found what I was looking for before but most of the time I don't keep notes or bookmarks so I have to go through the process anew.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 pm

Hay hay Smile A young Kenny Everett Smile

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 34 Kenny10

You look handsome Malick, stop putting yourself under a black cloud Smile

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 34 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 34 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:34 am

azriel wrote:

You look handsome Malick, stop putting yourself under a black cloud Smile  

I do? Embarassed Er, thank you! Smile Kissing

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:10 pm

Excellent definition on the chin and moustache! I suggest some variant on the Van Dyke.

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 34 F31dc7cc90a22f57a5196891781f705c--beard-styles--van-dyke-beard

Ooh, commenting on appearances! It's High School all over again. Razz:

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:43 pm

malickfan wrote:
(Again, ignore the terrible beard it's only been three weeks since I started, I could grow sideburns/moustache when I was 14 but have never left the beardy parts for more than a week, thanks to the wonderful combination of a small chin and male pattern baldness I felt it was time to give it a proper go)

Probably going to regret posting this Sofa

i've seen way worse beards... that's not bad at all Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:47 pm

Eldorion wrote:I would've guessed you were in your 20s just from the picture. Shrugging I know here a lot of places that serve alcohol ask for IDs regardless of how old people look, or at the very least until they look like they're in their 50s or so.

they've stopped asking me... but i get id'ed getting into clubs though, because some have 18 and some have 20 age-limit, or even 25... but i only have my bank-card as an id, and i am 15 on the picture and have a justing bieber in 2011 cut so they it's getting risky... need to renew that picture xD
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:51 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:
malickfan wrote:I normally shave about once every four-five days, I use an electric shaver as razors/shaving cream tend to irritate my skin, actually quite surprised how fast it is growing out, I never bothered leaving for this long before but it's filling in quite quickly and makes me look older I think.

The shitty lighting on my camera and how tired I am doesn't do me many favours, but at least you know what I look like now...now do we have a selfie of Figgs anywhere here?

its ages since I saw the collective selfie thingie

we should do a new one because i am 17 in that picture and my eyebrows are way better now.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:54 pm

malickfan wrote:
Eldorion wrote:Paul A*****l, right?

yeah, I have a middle name as well which I'm not going to say.

But malick's fine.

Petty-Jason(?)
Figgs-Julia(?)
You-Jacob(?)
Chris-Chris(?)

Then I'm lost.

you can probably guess my name ...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:58 pm

And I'm using my name, so no guessing needed!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:39 am

Your name is Shepherd ?
Very Happy

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 34 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 34 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:24 am

*cough* first and middle names*

I'm beginning to suspect that Figgs is a vampire, or similarly age-retarded creature. I don't see how else she could be 87 and yet look that young in such a relatively recent-looking photograph!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:17 am

You should have seen that glam shot she posted of her in her 20's. cyclops  Hair spilling off her head like a waterfall, legs clear up to her ears;  All the guys started acting goofy and she took it down before anyone thought to screen shot it. Mad

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:20 am

Forest Shepherd wrote:*cough* first and middle names*

That's a great name combination. Very Happy I was just thinking the other day that your username lends itself especially well to fanfic purposes (in terms of not needing to be changed to sound like an actual name, as most do) but I never guessed it was your real name.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:31 am

My parents were hippies, what can you do?

How does one's eyebrows improve exactly? Like... greater bushiness?

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:36 am

Forest Shepherd wrote:My parents were hippies, what can you do?

How does one's eyebrows improve exactly? Like... greater bushiness?

khaleeeeeesi!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:10 pm

Haha! There's that collage again! Add 15 years or so, two children and a lot of chocolate to that picture of me and you'd be closer to the truth. Laughing Embarassed

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum