azriel
Ringdrotten
Norc
Mrs Figg
Forest Shepherd
17 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 7 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [7]

Post by Bluebottle Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:44 am

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2005/01/who-knew-norweg.html

Very Happy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 7 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [7]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:36 am

{{{pretty sure your the worlds leading nation, and probably only nation, that eats cheese out a tube No - so you got that one sown up Halfy Twisted Evil }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:01 am

Cheese in tubes is so incredibly disgusting that I'm having problems accepting those who eat it as human beings.

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 7 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:52 am

Ringdrotten wrote:Cheese in tubes is so incredibly disgusting that I'm having problems accepting those who eat it as human beings.

I don't disagree, but it pales in comparison to the horror of caviar in tubes. affraid pale pale No No

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:21 pm

The only thing I want from a tube is toothpaste.

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 7 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 7 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:40 pm

On the other hand, tomato paste in tubes is a wonderful thing. Who ever uses more than a tablespoon at a time?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:46 pm

From Blue's post:

By our calculations (assuming an eight-slice pie), the average pizza-eating Norwegian outeats the average pizza-eating American by 5.68 slices.

That's unacceptable.

Given that 2005 is the centennial of pizza's birth in this country (Lombardi's was granted the country's first pizzeria license in 1905), we call on all Americans to increase their slice-supping quota. Let's hose the Norwegians this year and leave them with nothing to boast about but their fjords.

Damn straight! Twisted Evil

I admit I haven't been holding up my end here, especially since I live in the slice capital of the world (how many other cities is it commonplace to buy pizza by the slice? I mean, every other block?). I promise to do better this coming year.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:47 pm

btw, are those Norwegian pizzas any good? You don't put...herring...on them, do you? pale

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:59 pm

Or baby seal !! pale

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:25 am

halfwise wrote:Damn straight! Twisted Evil  

I admit I haven't been holding up my end here, especially since I live in the slice capital of the world (how many other cities is it commonplace to buy pizza by the slice?  I mean, every other block?).  I promise to do better this coming year.

I've been to a number of by-the-slice pizza places in Maryland, but they are often places that are deliberately trying to be as New York-ish as possible. And they're definitely outnumbered by by-the-pie places.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:11 pm

David H wrote:
Ringdrotten wrote:Cheese in tubes is so incredibly disgusting that I'm having problems accepting those who eat it as human beings.

I don't disagree, but it pales in comparison to the horror of caviar in tubes. affraid pale  pale  No No

That is quite possibly the one thing that could be worse, I agree Laughing

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:54 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:
David H wrote:

I don't disagree, but it pales in comparison to the horror of caviar in tubes. affraid pale  pale  No No

That is quite possibly the one thing that could be worse, I agree Laughing

We're agreed then. I suppose the only justification for putting either of these culinary abominations into tubes is so that you don't have to soil a knife. Suspect

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:39 am

I'd run screaming from either. Shocked Nah, but truly, I never actually really tried the caviar in a tube thing Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:30 pm

Bluebottle wrote:I'd run screaming from either. Shocked Nah, but truly, I never actually really tried the caviar in a tube thing Razz

But that's kind of like not needing to stab yourself with a knife to know it will be painful.

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:23 pm

Eldorion wrote:
halfwise wrote:Damn straight! Twisted Evil  

I admit I haven't been holding up my end here, especially since I live in the slice capital of the world (how many other cities is it commonplace to buy pizza by the slice?  I mean, every other block?).  I promise to do better this coming year.

I've been to a number of by-the-slice pizza places in Maryland, but they are often places that are deliberately trying to be as New York-ish as possible. And they're definitely outnumbered by by-the-pie places.

There are lots of popular by-the-slice pizza joints around here. For example, Pleasure Point Pizza, out by... you guessed it! Pleasure Point the surfing spot in Santa Cruz, has great pizza by the slice.

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 7 4182343-Pleasure_Pizza_Capitola

In big slices too.

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 7 258s

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:30 pm

Well get over there and get to work! Mad
The Vikings are tied and there's rumbling of more on the way. But you have to get in 3 slices somehow, right now everyone is hitting 2 per capita. It doesn't have to be all at once, though.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:43 pm

{{Have we been sponsored by the pizza industry recently and noone told me Suspect }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:47 pm

I think Halfwise must be at least!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:54 pm

What, I'm supposed to stand by and let those Vikings beat us? Extremely Crabbit  

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:10 pm

Yep, just lay down & die Very Happy Cuz you know the Scandi's are not really eating the goddam pizza, oh no, its so cold there now, they are using it as insulation...

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:59 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:47 pm

Very good !! How does he remember it all Smile To my Southern Softie ear'ole I could understand at 33RPM but when he reached 45RPM well..... Laughing..... I got there tho Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:38 am

southern Brits, is Hastings a nice place? would you recommend anywhere nice on the south coast, say from Canterbury down and round the Kent coast to Hastings? I have looked at a lot of places on Google images but they look a bit odd. I want somewhere a bit similar to Scarborough, which is Victorian, got a castle, a beach, and a nice atmosphere, don't want much do I? Laughing I quite like the old shabby-genteel past its glory thingie if possible I like arty farty. maybe Brighton? or is that too expensive? If there's nothing by the sea are there some nice towns? Canterbury seems pretty. It has to have a nice atmosphere, I am weird about that. Or if not, how is Exeter, Exmouth or Torquay? that's on the west side I know, probably Devon? either is ok. I think the middle bit is probably way over budget, Salcombe, and places like that.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:55 am

When I visited in January '12, we stopped by Lulworth Cove in Dorset, and drove down through Weymouth to the Isle of Portland. If you're into geological strata, than the cove has some beautiful eroded shoreline. Perhaps Weymouth is ok? It has at least one castle fort out on the island I think, and is certainly a seaside town and has to cost less than Brighton.

Goodluck!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:03 am

You taking a trip down South?

I am probably supposed to say southend but there are better places than here. Azriel is probably better placed for South East coast. I haven't spent much time down there.

Southend does have some interesting things if you know where to look though. The ruins of Hadleigh castle (proper ruins.. not much left) where Anne Boleyn resided for a time. The old monastery in prior park with the museum in there. Old Leigh which is about as fishing village as you can get in this part of the world. Little bit of an art trail which isn't my thing so I have no idea if any good. Couple of theatres, few music venues. Little theme park. We also had a saxons king buried here but I think all the bits are in London until the new museum gets built (in about 10 years probably).

Probably not what you are looking for but thought I would let you know it exists.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum