Go down

All New Who - Page 5 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:07 pm

{{{{Rumours flying new companion to be announced this Saturday}}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:46 pm

{{{OK well, it is BBC marketing I suppose but this still seems odd-}}}

'The BBC have announced that they plan to reveal who will playing the latest sidekick to join Peter Capaldi in the TARDIS in Doctor Who this coming Saturday, 23rd April, during the half-time interval of the F.A. Cup Semi-Final match between Everton and Manchester United that will be shown live on BBC One from 4:50pm.
With kick-off due at 5:15pm this is likely to feature just after 6:00pm.'- Gallifrey News

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:01 pm

does this mean its a male companion?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:17 pm

{{{Your guess is as good as mine as to what the suits thinking behind this one is Shrugging Maybe the new companion is a footballer!}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:18 pm

I cant imagine its a girl if its football related.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:57 pm

{{{Dunno, but heres the favourites on the shorlist based on the bookies odds-

Rakhee Thakrar - 32-year-old soap star Rakhee has been winning a huge amount of plaudits and awards nominations over the past year for her performance as Shabnam Masood in EastEnders.
She left EastEnders in February and according to the Radio Times, she is on the shortlist of stars being lined up to replace Jenna Coleman and had an audition with the producers.

Faye Marsay - In tabloid reports at the end of 2015, Marsay emerged as a favourite to land a role in the TARDIS. Best known for her roles in The White Queen, Game of Thrones and Fresh Meat, she's one of the hottest young talents in British acting. She has appeared in Doctor Who before as Shona in the 2015 Christmas special.

Zawe Ashton - Best known for her role as Vod in Channel 4 comedy Fresh Meat, Ashton is currently winning huge critical acclaim for her role in The Maids at London's Trafalgar Studios.

Michelle Keegan- The former Coronation Street actress was the early bookmakers favourite to bring some Northern glam to the TARDIS. Despite being signed up for BBC army drama Our Girl, she has odds of 4/1 that she will be teaming up with Peter Capaldi in the near future.

Rose Leslie - You'll recognise her from Downton Abbey or Game of Thrones, but she is no longer involved in either show, so she could potentially be heading into battle with the Doctor very soon. She’s already worked with the BBC on the new series of Luther.

Antonia Thomas- Since finding fame in teen drama Misfits at Alisha Daniels, Antonia has appeared in comedy Scrotal Recall, BBC One drama The Muskateers and the films Sunshine on Leith, Northern Soul and Survivor.

Outsiders- Frank Skinner (might explain why Match of the Day though- Three Lions in a TARDIS?, Ingrid Oliver (Osgood), Maisie Williams.

Over course the BBC might have pulled off a blinder and its none of the above}}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:59 pm

really like the idea of Rose Leslie, really do NOT want Frank Skinner.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:24 pm

I also wouldn't like Frank Skinner. I mean, he was already that engineer from the Orient Express, right?

At the same time, no Rose Leslie please! Mad There's already enough stupid cross-over fandom BS going on in the world.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:44 pm

he was already that engineer from the Orient Express, right?- Forest

{{Yup, but then the 6th Doctor had previously played someone else, Martha played the first victim of the Torchwood office folk to the cybermen before coming back as Martha, Karen Gillan was a Roman Soothsayer in the Pompeii episode and then played Amy, and in the same episode oddly enough, Peter Capaldi played the head of the Roman family the episode centred round (he was also in a very prominent role as a government minister in Torchwood Children of Earth)- being in the show before means nothing when it comes to their casting choices.}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:13 pm

If she wasn't in Broadchurch I'd say Olivia Colman would be a likely bookies favourite for the role of companion, I'd love to see a male companion (Fitz Kriener (8th Doctor's main companion in the BBC Books) and Jamie Mcrimmon (2nd Doctor) are probably my favourite companions but both were almost always paired with a female co-companion to balance things out) but I'd don't think it's likely, at least not by himself-it could alienate female viewers and/or make it harder to market the show, Capaldi also jokingly stated he's worried a male companion will get all the action scenes Laughing

My gut feeling is it will be a slighty older (say late 30's-early 40's) ethnic minority woman, with the character possibly not from modern day earth (hopefully not from Victorian London either), there is a rumour going round that the chosen actress is very high profile and has only signed a one year contract (which makes sense, regardless of whether Capaldi sticks around for series 11, Chibnall will naturally want to start off his first series as showrunner with at least one new main character, and casting a new audience surrogate would be a good way of doing that without the hassle of looking for a new doctor), and Radio Times have apparently confirmed the companion won't be debuting in the 2016 christmas special.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:18 pm

Not the first time they've announced a companion in the middle of a football game:

All New Who - Page 5 CglcyAYWYAQ_03y

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:40 pm

So, rumours saying the new companion is either a big name or someone who has worked with Capaldi before, a few suggestions I've seen:

Miranda Hart
Gillian Anderson
Emilia Clarke
Sophie Okonedo
Dawn French

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:44 pm

{{{Things are getting intriguing!- nice catch on the Purves announcement!}}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:48 pm

Titan Comics are doing a multi Doctor story:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/time-lords-collide-in-this-first-look-at-the-new-doctor-1771772656

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:50 pm

Teaser

Judging by the shoes look's like it's another present day young woman, how original Rolling Eyes

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:53 pm

{{{{{Teasing bastards!!! Mad Right out the list then of potentials, whose legs look most like those?!}}}}

{{{ps those comics- story might be good but the cover artwork doesn't impress, cyberman one is ok but the rest? Norc- this is why you need to keep at your craft- your base natural skill level is better than their professional one Nod }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:56 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{{{Teasing bastards!!!  Mad Right out the list then of potentials, whose legs look most like those?!}}}}

{{{ps those comics- story might be good but the cover artwork doesn't impress, cyberman one is ok but the rest? Norc- this is why you need to keep at your craft- your base natural skill level is better than their professional one Nod }}}

Emilia Clakr I guess? (though all of those names sound very unlikely)

The Radio Times have their own ideas:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-04-22/is-newcomer-pearl-mackie-the-next-doctor-who-companion

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:07 pm

{{{I am rather hoping they do go for an up and coming younger actor, I think I'd prefer an unknown to a big name and to give a younger actor a chance at a break (worked for Billie Piper, Catherine Tate and Karen Gillan)- but do you announce a relative unknown in such a big fanfare way?}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:14 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{I am rather hoping they do go for an up and coming younger actor, I think I'd prefer an unknown to a big name and to give a younger actor a chance at a break (worked for Billie Piper, Catherine Tate and Karen Gillan)- but do you announce a relative unknown in such a big fanfare way?}}}

Judging from the picture the BBC just tweeted, it's a teenage companion! Shocked (I actually like the idea of the Doctor taking a tear away teenager under his wing, though I'm a bit unsure about casting such a young, inexperienced actress in the part...)

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/723598759230365696

All New Who - Page 5 Cgq9PJ-W0AAC6tJ

Are there any Big Name teenage actresses over here atm?

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:29 pm

{{{Young UK actresses are not by area of Tv as they usually appear in kids shows or soaps, or GoT non of which I watch. And I think googling 'British teenage actresses' is probably not a good idea No }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:33 pm

Hmm...someone pointed out the Trainer have a vague 80's feel to them, and if she is a teenager maybe they are aiming for a Ace/7 teacher/guardian and student type relationship?

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:46 pm

{{{Yeah they are quite retro looking trainers. Wouldn't be bad to to have someone from a different time, was kind of hoping different planet too- worked with Lelia.}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:26 pm

SO WHO IS IT???? bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce I cant stand it!!!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:29 pm

{{We don't know yet- the match kicks off at 5.15 so haftime is approx 6pm to 6.15pm and thats when we find out. So hang onto your bustle Figg still got at least 1 and a 1/2 hours to go!}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:30 pm

Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg